Can't Launch AOM - License Key

bring_LaNOIZ

Posted 3 January 2024 - 7:00 pm
I'm having trouble launching AOM from Voobly. I purchased AOM:EE on Steam and have downloaded and run both the EE compatibility and TT update patches from Voobly. Whenever I go to launch the game, I get an error that it can't find the license library (picture below).

I've tried several times to uninstall and reinstall both Voobly and the game but am still having no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Attachments:
AOM Error.png (file size: 372.9 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 3 January 2024 - 8:19 pm
Please paste us the results of the game diagnostics. Thank you. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 4 January 2024 - 1:05 am
Hi bring_LaNOIZ,

It looks like you directed Voobly to your Steam folder at setup. This is not where the Voobly-compatible version of AOT is located. Please point Voobly instead to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology". This should solve your problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 bring_LaNOIZ

Posted 4 January 2024 - 3:15 pm
Thanks for the response. Is there a way to adjust the directory after it has already been set? Since the diagnostics is listed as good, I'm not getting an option to select the pathway.

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 5 January 2024 - 12:37 pm
You're welcome. The easiest way is to temporarily rename your Steam program folder so Voobly won't be able to find your current game installation. After renaming, open the Age of Mythology lobby in Voobly and it will prompt you to locate aomx.exe. Of course after this process is done, you can rename the Steam folder back to its original name again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 bring_LaNOIZ

Posted 5 January 2024 - 4:43 pm
That's perfect. Was able to redirect to the proper folder but am still receiving a license error (picture included). The file EBUEeulax.dll is generated as a placeholder with the EE compatibility patch, but it contains an empty file. The Steam folder from the original download doesn't contain that file.

I'm guessing this is a Steam problem in not including the license file in the download. I've reached out to Steam but also want to follow-up to see if there may be a fix here. Thanks for all your help with this and sorry about all the follow-ups. I'm just excited to get humbled by the real AOM players on Voobly.
Attachments:
AOM Error 2.png (file size: 335.77 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 6 January 2024 - 5:21 pm
You're welcome. Looking at your screenshot though, Age of Mythology is still trying to load the Steam version somehow and not the compatibility patch. I recommend you to do a clean installation:

1) Uninstall Age of Mythology Extended Edition on Steam.
2) Delete the Age of Mythology folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology).
3) Install Age of Mythology Extended Edition on Steam.
4) Install the Compatibility Patch.
5) Open Voobly and join the AOT Main Lobby.
6) The game diagnostics will now prompt you to locate the Age of Mythology executable. Please point the diagnostics to this file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\aomx.exe
7) Restart Voobly and now you should be able to play Age of Mythology on Voobly.

This should solve the problem.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts