Can't run EE on voobly please help

[GMX]GMX_Marquis

Posted 13 January 2024 - 7:26 pm
Hello!

I saw this problem on different threads, but nothing has helped me so far.
Things i did so far:
Installed steam EE , runed it, then installed compatibilty patch, then 10to103, and i had this error in the launcher on voobly, can't find ebueulax.dll , i have downloaded the file from one other thread where the same problem occured, and then i have an error without anything written in it. Can you please help me somehow?

Regards
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 January 2024 - 8:13 pm
Reinstall the game, then install the compatibility patch. Now enter Voobly and select the correct game binary in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\aomnocd.exe.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GMX]GMX_Marquis

Edited 14 January 2024 - 12:12 pm by [GMX]GMX_Marquis
Hi Chris

First, thank you very much for immidiate response!
Sadly, still in trouble.
Afret these steps, Voobly is no longer asking me for a direction.
Instead, when I 'm trying to run the game I got :
aomxnocd.exe - aplication error
aplication has not been porperly run (0x0000033)

{EDIT}
OR

today I have made another clean install, this time I have installed compatibility patch without having the game (EE) running in the background. Voobly still not asking me for a direction, diagnostics show everything is fine, but I got this error:

MSXML 4.0 is not installed correctly. It is requiered to run the game.

{EDIT} So I have downloaded msxml.msi and installed it on my computer. Now the game is WORKING, but the textures are not working too well, map is getting revealed by squares, not with round shapes. Also the cursor is blue window's circle, like hourglass. But it is a considerable progress. Still looking for help with these details.

{edit}
I have found on youtube, that I can delet i845 and rename geforce3 as i845, and it has fixed my fog of war and cursor. I am almost done with all issues. The only thing remaining for me is: can I play this game in a widescreen mode. I will try on my own and let you know. Anyway, somehow your help really has helped me, so thank you Chris once again.
Regards
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 14 January 2024 - 11:54 am
Could you please link me the package at the Microsoft website? I will create a knowledge base article regarding Missing MSXML 4.0 is causing 0x00000033 when trying to launch the game.

Regarding the missing graphics files, I have asked one of our AOMT players to get in touch with you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GMX]GMX_Marquis

Posted 14 January 2024 - 12:14 pm
[You must login to view link]

I have downloaded it from here
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 14 January 2024 - 12:39 pm
[You must login to view link] :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 14 January 2024 - 10:49 pm
Hi, Has everything been solved or do you need further assistance? :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GMX]GMX_Marquis

Edited 15 January 2024 - 12:18 pm by [GMX]GMX_Marquis
Dear Voobly team!
You have been outstanding in your assistance and help, I am amazed how this community works, after all these years. The speed of your replies has really amazed me.
The game is working, I am still trying to get the invisble UI and some other minor things ( I would like the game to work similar to what I see on IamBoit clips), but the most important thing is - the game works perfectly.
Thank you very much!

EDIT I think I have managed to do everything, the UI, the resolution, the widescreen :)

Best wishes
Marquis
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 15 January 2024 - 9:19 pm
Hi Marquis,

I'm glad to hear you got the game running. You're welcome and if you ever need any further assistance in the future, feel free to contact us again. Welcome back to Voobly and enjoy your games. ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GMX]GMX_Marquis

Posted 17 January 2024 - 8:39 am
I am thinking about one more thing. As far as I can see, this thread is beeing read by a lot of guests, constantly. Perhaps there are more people that could join Voobly AoMX, but are suffering from trouble. When I was searching for help, I was unable to find one consistent walktrough, that would include some variations of issues. Maybe we could create something like that, for more EE lost souls?
Regards
Marquis
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 17 January 2024 - 2:47 pm
That is a good idea for sure. However, Voobly is a community project and we need players to help us create articles like this. We sadly don't have the time to do everything for the players ourselves.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 11 out of 11 posts