AI doesnt play

Indian1218

Posted 24 January 2024 - 1:57 pm
No need of the help, the problem still persists. Please let me know if you are ready to deal my problems from personal help desk, for money!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 24 January 2024 - 3:45 pm
Indian1218 wrote:
No need of the help, the problem still persists. Please let me know if you are ready to deal my problems from personal help desk, for money!

Who do you think you are?
Link | Reply | Quote
 TDR_Addidas

Edited 25 January 2024 - 8:15 pm by TDR_Addidas
I think there's something bad configured on the AI(or map)... In the Griff game, it was being used:

https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1672/16-RC-AIs
    * Computer(Promi)
    * Immortal
    * Bambi

which all of them were working... Playing with full computers (Or Promi, it's the same version anyway) it also works at least for me... So I think there should be some error for him...

Please also make sure that the map you're using, the RMS script that you are editing or using, has the map type for the computer. Should be something similar as following:
Code:
<PLAYER_SETUP> nomad_resources ai_info_map_type BEDOUINS 1 0 0

Note: you can replace BEDOUINS for NOMAD. Both are configurations accepted for LN.

More info at: [You must login to view link]

You can also search in the web for more results.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [1aegis]aegisbot

Posted 27 January 2024 - 4:06 pm
I think there's something bad configured on the AI(or map)... In the Griff game, it was being used:

https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1672/16-RC-AIs
    * Computer(Promi)
    * Immortal
    * Bambi

which all of them were working... Playing with full computers (Or Promi, it's the same version anyway) it also works at least for me... So I think there should be some error for him...

Please also make sure that the map you're using, the RMS script that you are editing or using, has the map type for the computer. Should be something similar as following:
Code:
<PLAYER_SETUP> nomad_resources ai_info_map_type BEDOUINS 1 0 0

Note: you can replace BEDOUINS for NOMAD. Both are configurations accepted for LN.

More info at: [You must login to view link]

You can also search in the web for more results.

AIs usually don't work for 2 big reasons:

- SETTINGS: people play something else beside Hard difficulty. Most AIs can work on all levels, but are tested on Hard Difficulty. Hard difficulty is actually the maximum difficulty of the AI. On hardest usually they are coded to just resign later. Nothing else more

- MAP DESCRIPTION: the map has to tell the AI what type of map is and how should play it.
And this short line of code tells the AI everything:
ai_info_map_type BEDOUINS 1 0 0

If AI sends villagers to explore the map and doesn't create more, could mean its from settings

If AI just puts all villagers on either food or wood and doesn't build town center, could mean its from map description
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_R_Griffith

Posted 28 January 2024 - 3:45 am
AIs usually don't work for 2 big reasons:

- SETTINGS: people play something else beside Hard difficulty. Most AIs can work on all levels, but are tested on Hard Difficulty. Hard difficulty is actually the maximum difficulty of the AI. On hardest usually they are coded to just resign later. Nothing else more

- MAP DESCRIPTION: the map has to tell the AI what type of map is and how should play it.
And this short line of code tells the AI everything:
ai_info_map_type BEDOUINS 1 0 0

If AI sends villagers to explore the map and doesn't create more, could mean its from settings

If AI just puts all villagers on either food or wood and doesn't build town center, could mean its from map description

Well, We(CSA) play a lot of games against the AI(when we are waiting for players to be online), mostly "nomad" but also other maps, and usually in hardest. the difference between Hard and Hardest is that the last one the AI receive extra resources at start, and we have been playing these settings for many months ago in WK (1.5 Game Data) and in DE (1.6 Game Data), but we have never seen that they quit in middle of the game, unless we manage to defeat them. One thing that we have seen before is that for example, a couple of Barbarian or Bambi playing together, sometimes only one of them plays, and after 10-25 minutes, the second or third AI starts playing... But we have seen the same level with Hard or Hardest with the mentioned AIs...

I tried to get some AI scripter to code one to avoid being trushed and boom in the back, instead of the dancing vills when the AI thinks they are bing attacked and tries to hide in TC, but as it doesnt have range to kill towers, it bring vills out, then receive attack from towers and send them back in again and over over over again... They told me that they aren't scripting for Voobly anymore... Does someone knows how to actually create an AI for 1.5 or 1.6? Is it too hard?

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 20 out of 20 posts