Can't play/host games with anti cheat on

Reaper_308

Posted 26 January 2024 - 6:51 pm
Hello!

So I've been having an issue when it comes to hosting or joining someone's game

Every time I try and host/play the countdown commences and then my pc loads for like a second and then the game wont launch. This always happens when i have anti-cheat on. When it's off the everything works fine.

is my pc somehow, blocking this? I'm not really to pc savvy when it comes to network settings and such.
It would be much appreciated if I can get some help figuring this out.

Thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 January 2024 - 11:48 am
Uninstall the game.

Then perform a clean installation of the client:
[You must login to view link]

Then perform a clean installation of the game; keep in mind, that only ONE game may be installed at the same time:
Link | Reply | Quote
 Reaper_308

Posted 27 January 2024 - 12:48 pm
I did everything that you said and now I'm running into these issues now. I've also run the diagnostic tools as you will see in the attached files.

Attachments:
Voobly anti cheat error.PNG (file size: 13.57 KB)
RS voobly error.PNG (file size: 21.99 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 January 2024 - 1:42 pm
It looks like you are using a different version / newer version of the game than the one supported by Voobly. Could you please ask the players in RS to share their version of the game with you?

Many of the old school games sold by GOG for example have been modified and are not compatible with the original version.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Reaper_308

Posted 7 February 2024 - 4:11 am
so i ended up fixing the problem, the issue was have compatability mode set to windows 95. It only has to ebe set to run as admin and nothing else
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 February 2024 - 7:12 am
You do not have to touch any of those settings, as the correct settings can directly be applied from the game room menu. Please read:

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts