1.6 EASY SYNC ERROR

Obi1Kenobi

Posted 23 March 2024 - 8:42 pm
First of all, thank you for the effort and work done by the people who work on the mods and patches that we have enjoyed so much. I'm not trying to minimize your effort.

On the other hand, there is a high probability that a game will end with the famous (and quite annoying) synchronization error:

- I have played a few games with the 1.6 mod and patch and this is the third time this has happened. Because this game is not saved, I am going to try to upload screenshots of it. Because I definitely don't dare to continue playing that patch until I see stability.

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 23 March 2024 - 8:47 pm
Very unuseful message since you don't tell us anything related to the player that went out of sync (civilization, units being produced, stage of the game...). Could be that the player cancelled the update which obviously would cause problems or that the player did something we haven't accounted for and needs investigation.
Thanks for the kind words but we need a proper bug report in order to do anything.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Obi1Kenobi

Posted 23 March 2024 - 10:26 pm
First of all, sorry for my bad English, because I speak Spanish. As I mentioned before and I think that either I have not known how to explain myself or you have not paid attention, but the game WAS NOT SAVED, therefore it is very difficult to give an ERROR REPORT how you want it to be given to you.

I'm sorry that my post is USELESS for you, but my intention IS NOT ONLY THE NICE WORDS, but perhaps taking into consideration that with patch 1.6 synchronization errors happen (more often than normal). As I mentioned, this is the third time this has happened to me WITH A DIFFERENT PLAYER. I greatly regret not being able to add more evidence that can help you, maybe it only happens to me, so another reason for my useless post is to hope that more people respond if this also happens to them.

For my part, I promise to attach a screenshot of everything I can rescue if I play said patch again, but for now 1.5 is going great for me. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you, but maybe I can help others say they're experiencing exactly the same thing and help you make a more useful bug report for your requirements.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts