Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > 🌟 Let's Restart Custom Scenario Ratings! 🎮

🌟 Let's Restart Custom Scenario Ratings! 🎮

+chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 April 2024 - 12:02 pm
Let's ditch the fancy rating system in the CS lobby. Going back to basics will get more folks trying out different maps, just like before.
That's how we killed AOK in 2013.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Zix

Posted 6 April 2024 - 7:49 pm
Checking wrote:
Insanity was removing rated CS from NPL and banning players actually trying to promote the scenarios from accessing NPL. Thats how CS died.
Completely agree. I could easily promote my maps in NPL while was not banned, but in CS, most of them are not interested in something different at all.
Moreover, about half of the players in NPL are not even new. I even saw a player with 10.000 games played. Why don't they get banned? I think, the best option would be to ban players after a certain number of games played, regardless of rated or not. Then all CS players would be collected in the CS lobby, making it possible to promote other type of maps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 akilzae

Posted 6 April 2024 - 8:50 pm
[MM]Zix wrote:
Completely agree. I could easily promote my maps in NPL while was not banned, but in CS, most of them are not interested in something different at all.
Moreover, about half of the players in NPL are not even new. I even saw a player with 10.000 games played. Why don't they get banned? I think, the best option would be to ban players after a certain number of games played, regardless of rated or not. Then all CS players would be collected in the CS lobby, making it possible to promote other type of maps.

Makes sense.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]ZanchyII__

Posted 12 April 2024 - 5:01 pm
Hi all,

From my 20 years experience playing this game and 99.9% in CS (sad I know :D), agree with Chris, resetting ladders makes people who have worked hard for a high rate leave.

In my estimation to try and get some activity:
- Tournaments, preferably 1v1/2v2 & TG, range of modes and a range of maps rather than the same CB, CB & CB. Hard to get any TG's though as not enough people in 2024
- But right now, it basically has to be 1/2 maps, i.e. CBA/Hero only as people barely play anything else
- So need to stimulate people to play a range of maps, ideally in a range of modes (e.g. 1v1, 2v2 & TG's) without cash funding and without resetting ladders, very hard to do
- One way to do this could be to bring back in 'overall ladders', these were great for making people play other maps to get a higher overall rating
- People then learnt other maps, less CBA Hero only stagnation and tournaments with multi maps were possible, which were more fun and competitive
- Other than that, cash funding for tournaments & casting all helps turnout
- I also like the idea of either ladders or tournaments with random teams or purposely teaming pros with noobs. Tournaments are usually won by the same group of characters, to make more people play, imagine if a random 16xx could have a chance by being paired with an expert

Other thoughts outside of leagues/tournaments:
- Need to drag people over from steam somehow
- Need to drag people over from rm somehow
- Need to not only fix map & ladder stagnation in CS but also features, e.g. getting people playing with the new civs etc.

Not obvious to me how to do a lot of this, a CS/RM/DM tournament mix would be good maybe? not sure if there would be any interest but can imagine a more neutral mix of RM-(bf), DM-(X) and CS neutral maps like dodgeballs/AB/AoW/HF/CBX/CBA etc. which RM'ers may be able to participate in as extensive CS knowledge not needed

How to break into steam's playerbase? no idea, steam vs Voobly showdown? :P cash prize put up from microsoft and Voobly? :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 %Coles

Posted 12 April 2024 - 5:22 pm
Hi all,

From my 20 years experience playing this game and 99.9% in CS (sad I know :D), agree with Chris, resetting ladders makes people who have worked hard for a high rate leave.

In my estimation to try and get some activity:
- Tournaments, preferably 1v1/2v2 & TG, range of modes and a range of maps rather than the same CB, CB & CB. Hard to get any TG's though as not enough people in 2024
- But right now, it basically has to be 1/2 maps, i.e. CBA/Hero only as people barely play anything else
- So need to stimulate people to play a range of maps, ideally in a range of modes (e.g. 1v1, 2v2 & TG's) without cash funding and without resetting ladders, very hard to do
- One way to do this could be to bring back in 'overall ladders', these were great for making people play other maps to get a higher overall rating
- People then learnt other maps, less CBA Hero only stagnation and tournaments with multi maps were possible, which were more fun and competitive
- Other than that, cash funding for tournaments & casting all helps turnout
- I also like the idea of either ladders or tournaments with random teams or purposely teaming pros with noobs. Tournaments are usually won by the same group of characters, to make more people play, imagine if a random 16xx could have a chance by being paired with an expert

I do agree with this. Especially with the overall ladder idea. And the idea of random tournaments where the teams are not stacked up players, but pros paired with normal players. I'm hosting a CBA Hero tournament pretty soon where these kind of rules shall be implemented!
Link | Reply | Quote
 %Coles

Posted 12 April 2024 - 11:58 pm
And the first event is here!

Click here to sign up for the hero tourney:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Sdeshton

Posted 13 April 2024 - 5:28 pm
a Europe 1 v 1 tourney may be needed to save CS
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]JimmyRat

Posted 16 April 2024 - 3:29 pm
+
Easy access tutorial for all the CS map
Proper incentives for people who are willing to mentor and accompany new players
And have a plan to market all that

understanding a map takes time and can be discouraging
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 17 April 2024 - 10:55 pm
no

Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 17 April 2024 - 10:57 pm
stop yapping its 2024 bro
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]_Jv

Posted 17 April 2024 - 11:24 pm
back on the subject it is very simple brother,

there are 2 types of players, those who play for fun and those who play competitively

if you remove rating the competitive players will leave and these who play for fun will continue to play

if you leave rating as is the competitive players will continue and these who play for fun will aswell

very simple. I encourage you to watch Andrew Tate in order to improve IQ.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['BoS']fidogulas282

Posted 17 April 2024 - 11:30 pm
[xCs]_Jv wrote:

there are 2 types of players, those who play for fun and those who play competitively

if you remove rating the competitive players will leave and these who play for fun will continue to play

if you leave rating as is the competitive players will continue and these who play for fun will aswell

Agreed
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 17 April 2024 - 11:59 pm
11 arriba el temach
Link | Reply | Quote
 [H P]BrainSt0rm

Posted 18 April 2024 - 2:35 am
[xCs]_Jv wrote:

Andrew Tate? seriously..
Link | Reply | Quote
 akilzae

Posted 18 April 2024 - 2:30 pm
Andrew Tate? seriously..

This isn't the 2021 world where Andrew Tate is known as a clown and entertainer. He changed massively in the recent few months, stopped doing unnecessary ****ed videos and making hate speeches anymore. There is only wisdom to gain from him now.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]34
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 58 posts