Restore Problem

bho__

Posted 27 April 2024 - 4:50 pm
Hello my dear voobly staff!

I had to open a thread about the increasing restore problem recently. When someone drops for any reason or the game is closed, we can't restore in most games anymore. The game closes again when it launches, with 3-4 people. Deleting Voobly texts, the record file, restarting Voobly, etc. doesn't solve the issue anymore. Many people are not capable of doing these either.

Are you taking any action to solve this long-standing problem?

We're all starting to get fed up with the platform.

Thanks..
Attachments:
vps.20240427-173122.zip (file size: 1.7 MB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 The_Old_Wolf

Posted 27 April 2024 - 4:51 pm
+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 Gol_D_Roger_

Edited 27 April 2024 - 4:51 pm by Gol_D_Roger_
+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 anTRaks35

Posted 27 April 2024 - 5:03 pm
+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 BorantheHuN

Posted 27 April 2024 - 5:06 pm
+1 .. please fix the issue asap.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [UsTa]hector_aoe

Posted 27 April 2024 - 5:40 pm
+1....................
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 27 April 2024 - 5:55 pm
This is a very complex problem. It is due to some information not stored properly in the record or being interpreted differently by different computers. In the tests we've done, one person on its own with two instances on the same computer had no issues but when we tried over two computers we had issues.
I'm afraid it's a slow process of try an error. Remember that we do this altruisticly and can dedicate whatever time we have available.
Link | Reply | Quote
 bho__

Posted 27 April 2024 - 6:00 pm
If we're playing here, it means we're not really interested in innovation. We're here for the community and fun, the old-fashioned way of gaming is just an excuse. I don't think anyone is asking for the Roman civ from you; it's a problem that emerged after the latest updates. I believe everyone would agree on sticking to the old, no-problem version. Those seeking the latest and try-hard gaming will opt for Steam anyway.

So we're not blaming you for not fixing the problem 'quickly'. If there isn't a flawless version available, don't force it onto players, simple as that.

Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 [UsTa]DavyJ0NES

Posted 27 April 2024 - 6:29 pm

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 nanis0891

Posted 27 April 2024 - 8:20 pm
+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 maraba1999

Posted 27 April 2024 - 9:03 pm
There are some other issues about 1.6, but I believe this one is the most critical.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 27 April 2024 - 11:36 pm
I can assure you that the romans have nothing to do with these issues. Fearing that the problem may be related to them, we changed some of the bonuses to more harmless implementations that use the existing and tested technology of the user patch. Please, don't put the blame without thorough testing.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts