Can't launch AoM T

MrBadMass

Posted 29 April 2024 - 1:50 pm
Hey,

I think I posted my thread in the wrong place before.

I am looking for assistance getting AoM EE compatible with Voobly. I found the compatibility patch and followed this thread to try and troubleshoot it myself. (https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/355225)

I followed the steps listed that from that thread and Voobly is saying everything looks good. Of course, I own EE on steam and discovered Voobly is the best way to play so here I am.

I noticed running the compatibility patch creates the AoM folder inside C:/ Microsoft Games / Age of mythology folder when following the instructions. I am not sure what else to try so I am reaching out for suggestions. I did not get prompted to select a file path the second time I tried join the AoT lobby in Voobly, even after I uninstalled it. But again, the message says it checks out and it's patched to 1.03. Could the file path be the problem? What other information can I provide to help figure out what is happening?

Also, I did disable anti-cheat mode to see if I could at least get the game to launch; was not successful.
I appreciate your time looking into this and any assistance you can provide.

From the other tread I read, it was advised to use the Microsoft Games directory, but my system looks like it selected Voobly>gamedata>AoMt which I suspect is the culprit. I do not know how to change the directory Voobly is looking in. There seem to be no option to change it.

Updating as I go, I found the rockalldll.dll from the original steam folder for AoM and put it in the Voobly directory for the "patched" voobly version. When I tried to launch again, it said granny.dll was missing this time. I repeated the same process and found the granny.dll and dropped in the voobly directory. Now its mss32.dll that is missing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I was not getting these errors the first time around but have been since I started trouble shooting.

If it's a bad install I don't know what else to try. I uninstalled AoM from steam, deleted the Age of mythology folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age of Mytholog. Then deleted the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology. I even uninstall Voobly to run a fresh start up. I open steam and run the game once. Then I run compatibility for EE, then patch AoM T for 1.03 standalone. Run Voobly and get those errors.

When I install Voobly and update the patch for AoM it created C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aomt. When I run the compatibility for EE it creates C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology.

There is a documents folder that was named C:\Users\conno\OneDrive\Documents\Age of Mythology. I renamed to AoM.

Trying to provide as much information as I can.
Attachments:
Everything fine.jpg (file size: 152.75 KB)
Dll.jpg (file size: 15.56 KB)
Fail.png (file size: 71.34 KB)
Steps.jpg (file size: 92.35 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 29 April 2024 - 3:26 pm
Hi MrBadAss,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your game. Please post a screenshot that you own Extended Edition on Steam legally.

After I can provide you with a solution in PM.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrBadMass

Edited 29 April 2024 - 11:36 pm by MrBadMass
Thank you very much for your reply. By the way it is MrBadMass but I will take it as a compliment ;grin

Does this show you what you need to see?
Attachments:
Proof.png (file size: 1.61 MB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 30 April 2024 - 9:21 pm
Apologies for the misreading. Yes, this is the proof I need. You will recieve a PM from me shortly with further instructions. ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrBadMass

Posted 1 May 2024 - 2:44 am
Thank you for the help. I am good to go now. Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 1 May 2024 - 8:46 pm
Glad to hear the game is working now. Welcome to Voobly and enjoy your games. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts