Naming units in Map Editor

[Orcrist]DRV

Posted 4 February 2011 - 3:10 am
Hey guys. Whenever i try to name a unit with or without a condition, it just doesn't work. Sometimes one unit out of the whole group will be named, but not the rest. And sometimes the effect will be green at first, but when i click on something else it goes back to red. So how exactly do i go about this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-DRV
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Orcrist]DRV

Posted 4 February 2011 - 9:18 am
Master_G wrote:
Its a glitch with the game, exit out of the game and re-load it. Btw this is a Scenario Design Question, not a Map Pack. Moving to the correct forum.
Ah.. Well, I would say it works, but whenever i try to test it the screen goes all Windows 98 on me and i end up back at the desktop.

Oh and sorry about the thread placement, someone linked me to post here.. I thought it was strange but I'm unfamiliar with these forums.

Thanks!
-DRV
Link | Reply | Quote
 SoverignSythius

Edited 4 February 2011 - 1:39 pm by SoverignSythius
Oh? your running Windows 98? I still have that, the SE version.
I got an answer to your question. It might be because your naming gaia units. Once you do that, the scenario editor thinks all triggers brand new apply to gaia. From then you muts reload! I find whenever I name gaia units, they never names themselves later. It might also be eaiser to go to the players tab, select the player you want unit names changed and then name them. I'm getting a scenario done myself that way. It is getting annoying with at least 70 fledged triggers. Not even close to 1k yet.
Anyway. You could always use one player just to set up names, then change ownership immediatly, givin that you dont want a change in stats normally. I've been working with this for a while.

Got any questions? PM me. I might be usefull.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ACS]Weezard

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:33 am
The question is perfectly fine to be asked in this section of the forum. Scenario design is of the same category as the question being asked about a trigger. The Map pack section is more about what map should be in the mappack but not necessarily to ask about a trigger. Also, problems as in bugs of a certain map being in the mappack are ofcourse better to be asked in the mappack section. While in this case it was a question about a map that isnt inside the mappack yet.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts