Ratings - Discussion

Lima

Edited 3 March 2011 - 8:47 pm by Lima
I decided to create this thread to start a discussion on this.

What do you think? Are ratings a benefit for Ants or not at all (as in if it's worth it or not)?
Are you going to donate?

I think ratings bring more competition and people probably put more effort into their gameplay, which is a good thing indeed. Beginners might want to learn new tactics and improve their skills in order to get a better rating. So, with higher level of competition in the game will probably make them want to stay. :)

I might donate something in between $10-20 only because my finances aren't that great at the moment. :P

Share your thoughts!
Link | Reply | Quote
 _lil_ScotsMon_

Posted 4 March 2011 - 12:21 am
seems to be a few exploits but all in all its good and will highlight all these true x ammount of win players ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [1e]AraB_Da_GreaT

Posted 4 March 2011 - 2:18 am
scotsmon do you even play lol wtf, but ye ratings > now we can visually see im the best player in this lobby hahahaah 5-0 already come at me lil kids 1v1 2v2 1v2 1v3 whatevs ima win.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _OA_FaTaLiTy

Edited 6 March 2011 - 1:53 am by _OA_FaTaLiTy
Yes, I think this is what Ants has needed for many years. This is pretty much the point of AntWars, AntChamps, ect. "Ranking." I'm looking to donate also but I'm waiting for the right time, I want to be sure Ants is going to be supported by Voobly if not then why bother because a few of us players have are ideas and some back up plans in the works already..Back to the topic..Yes ratings is needed its a good reason why Ants died, also take note since the ratings have been up Ants has alot more players.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CoMb_R

Posted 5 March 2011 - 9:08 am
I have mixed feelings on these ratings, but with that said i plan on donating something, but I am waiting for someone to step up, just waiting to see how bad you guys really want this...
Link | Reply | Quote
 StOnErAnT

Posted 8 March 2011 - 6:47 am
I don't really care for it. With lots of dropout and lag issues, scores are being falsely calculated. It may also discourage new people from staying too long if they are facing the same problems.
Link | Reply | Quote
 dAwGy

Posted 8 March 2011 - 9:45 am
http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/215/Ants-Rating-Policy

I made a 2 minute rule. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 X_p_diddle_d_X

Posted 9 March 2011 - 4:57 pm
I think that ratings can be a good thing. But I agree there are issues.... but they were the same issues that were on Zone. Also, Fatality... your comment on voobly not supporting Ants anymore... I know that is off topic, but what is the deal there?

I know that I'm taking a break from Ants for awhile. When I get better I'll be back to playing the game, but now I'm worried that there won't be a game to come back to in a few months...

Link | Reply | Quote
 CoMb_R

Posted 9 March 2011 - 6:47 pm
I know that I'm taking a break from Ants for awhile. When I get better I'll be back to playing the game, but now I'm worried that there won't be a game to come back to in a few months...

Take care diddle enjoy your time off bro, don't worry about being "good" i know i don't i just play the game man it all comes in time, if you need help with anything hit me up, and don't worry Ants will be here when you come back. ;)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts