=V= Rambit CB Gold Dragon

Is_this_my_name

Posted 20 June 2011 - 7:20 am
some major changes i have thought that could be of advantage of for Rambit CB;
reducing the # of triggers that are being activated constantly and repeatedly. i think these sort of triggers might be what causes freezing (not crashing (which is caused by bugged triggers)). from what i know, cba doesnt freeze, cbf does, but very raely, and rambit cb gold does quite often. it is probably the # of triggers, and probably the # of ones working at the time it freezes.
ways to reduce; eg. taskers are normally set as just an effect to repeatedly always run, but can be changed to have a condition of object in area then activate effect of task object.
-make a seperate area for kings buying for each player. with a seperate area for each players kings the area for each thing to buy could be 1 space wide, it would be perfectly even for each player. now certain players have advantages for there kings being able to get to the purchase easier or quicker. problem is this would take A LOT of trigger work, but its an idea.
-make kills or razes keep giving kings forever. there is triggers to do this not too difficult. there could still be the king every 2 min for 2000 kills plus it keeps giving kings, or there could be other amounts of kills (same with razes) that give u a king for watever amount of time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Edited 30 June 2011 - 2:18 pm by BF_Basse
Kills forever, but still keep kills/razing counter visible in Achievements? It's quite easy actually :)

First, you have to download this utility for Trigger Studio:
[You must login to view link]

This add on will add a bunch of new resources that you can use for your scenarios (they already exist, but are hidden)

For example we have the resources Killed P1, Killed P2, Killed P3 etc. They show how many units from each player you have killed. So a trigger with
Condition: Accumulate Attribute: Killed P5: 7
would fire when you have killed 7 units from Player 5.

Trigger: Killed P1
Starts: ON
Looping: YES
Condition: Accumulate Attribute: Player 1: Resource: Killed P1: 1
Effect: Send Tribute: Resource: Killed P1: Player 1 to GAIA
Effect: Create Object: Player 1: FlagX (For killcounter, number of flags = number of kills)

Trigger: Killed P2
Condition: Accumulate Attribute: Player 1: Resource: Killed P2: 1
Effect: Send Tribute: Resource: Killed P2: Player 1 to GAIA
Effect: Whatever you want to keep track on kills...

Etc. Till you have a trigger for for each Resource: Killed P( 1 - 8 ). Then just duplicate all 8 triggers, remove the trigger that involves same player, for example the trigger when P1 accumulates 1 Killed P1. It's like a normal killcounter, just for each player you kill from ;)

When you have these 56 triggers, you can still use Accumulate Attribute: 100 Kills or view number of kills in achievements. Same works with razings :)

I hope you understood all that :o
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Edited 30 June 2011 - 5:32 pm by BF_Basse
Yes, change HP for the killcounter unit. I suggest you make it a sheep or something you can not delete. Then you can easily provide it a short-key, but still not able to delete it :)

Create Player owned flags instead of GAIA flags. Create all flags on same spot and make a new trigger like this:

Trigger: 50 Kills=King
Condition: Objects in Area: Player 1: Flag A: Amount: 50 (Kill counter area)
Effect: Create Object: Player 1: King
Effect: Task Object: Player 1: King
Effect: Remove Objects: Player 1: Flag A (Kill counter area)
Effect: Send Chat: Player 1: King Recieved (or something like that)

That should do the trick :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 30 June 2011 - 9:16 pm
You could make an individual trigger that some civs get kings less often when they reach higher kills/razings. Wouldn't take too much triggers to do that, but you're the boss :p

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts