Castle Blood Heroes (Original)

T3nchy

Edited 12 July 2011 - 9:06 pm by T3nchy
Hi all, i know ive been away for a long time and left quite a lot of design work unfinished, i've recently found some spare time to work on a map that i started well over a year ago with Master_G.

I give you, CBH

Now i know you are all thinking this already exists but the truth is, this map was in the works when i was a staff member, with Master_G's help we put together a plan for the scenario and I began work, due to time restraints in my life i had to put it on hold until now.

This is how the map works;

Firstly the map is 100% balanced and fair, there is no "luck" element to this map!
Each player starts with the same units and 1 king within the store, you can choose from 1 of 5 extra units to aid your attacks (much like MCB Store).

You will recieve a king everytime you recieve a set of villagers, which like CBA are gained by getting razes.

You will have slightly more units then in CBA making is more difficult to control your units. Your units will get stronger as you get kills in multiples of 100's, currently there are 15 waves of units!

The aim of the game is simple, destroy you enemey!

[You must login to view link]
[You must login to view link]

Map Download: [You must login to view link]
I am expecting bugs in this map and have already done testing with DZ clan, please report and bugs and i will fix them as soon as possible! Enjoy

Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:53 pm
Finally :D

This map sounds awesome, will test right away :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 18 July 2011 - 6:20 am
So you turned CBA into a blood?
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 18 July 2011 - 4:23 pm
CB = Castle Blood....
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Edited 18 July 2011 - 9:38 pm by [ViCiouS]____Tom____
Your ignorance is showing. Naming CBA so does not (and never has) made it (or any of its brethren) a blood. CB variants are not considered bloods by top CS players due to uneven kill lines and the general unfairness found in them. Same civilization matches in CBA can be competitive, but are generally filled with poor sportsmanship. What he did was make CBA into a more rounded map, allowing random civilizations to be viable in competitive play. This is probably a good idea, although the map still isn't viable due to its distance between bases which promotes camping (and all sorts of other problems). I don't see any reason why competitive players would play this over any established blood.

Casual players on the other hand, they'll probably love (and hate due to the less random nature) this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 diablomasta

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:39 pm
What you talking about! All that people play is bloody CBA.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:55 pm
Yeah - a lot of noobs and "competitive" players that sync, crash, camp, and cheat to win some more points. There are some quality, competitive CBA players, but they're overrun with noobs and cheaters which is why CBA (coupled with its design flaws) is looked at as a joke by the Blood/Europe community.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:14 am
So any blood without a shop and civ-depending spawns isn't a blood? CBA is a blood scenario, no matter what you say. It has been a blood for about 10 years, why change now?
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:09 pm
Ok, so my Kings Blood is neither? Nor is my CB Massacre?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Edited 20 July 2011 - 5:19 am by [ViCiouS]____Tom____
BF_Basse wrote:
So any blood without a shop and civ-depending spawns isn't a blood? CBA is a blood scenario, no matter what you say. It has been a blood for about 10 years, why change now?
People have segregated CB and Bloods categorically since the Zone. CB may have traits of bloods (and vice versa), but anybody can tell you they are vastly different and do not belong in the same group.

I would define a blood as a scenario that can be fairly played with any civilization (if by the use of same civ, if needed), requires a certain building to be destroyed to win the game, has unit progression (usually multiple units) through the accumulation of kills, and includes middle incentives to prevent camping along with adequate distance between bases. CBA is close to this and CB Heroes even closer, but there are still discernible differences between Grave Blood and CBA or Gwars Blood and RCB. CB variants are rarely played same civ, and when they are - the bases are too far apart which promotes camping (or even staying closer to your gates for faster reinforcing). A lot of bloods promote fighting at the middle of the map (see Grave Blood, Smosh, etc) or in between two players at a fair distance (see Spider Blood, Germs, etc).

Your definition of "Bloods" may be different, but most competitive and top CS players agree with this.

Also, I am not familiar with either map you mentioned so I cannot comment on them.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:09 pm
Sure, whatever. I don't want to argue with you guys since I'm probably gonna be considered a "newbie" anyway :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:34 pm
Interesting name, traditionally everything called CB has had unique units for each civilisation as the primary unit of the game. Sounds a bit misleading to me but if it gets people playing it - bravo.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]DJ

Posted 2 June 2013 - 12:32 pm
BF_Basse wrote:

Lmao.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]ChironAge

Posted 2 June 2013 - 4:55 pm
Old thread, but the links are all broken ;tears

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts