Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > X-Wing Series > it will be farewell from me, at the end ofthe month

it will be farewell from me, at the end ofthe month

[TRA]godofmars02

Posted 15 July 2011 - 4:50 am
the economy hit me hard this month, and it hit me even harder, than 3 years ago.

i dont forsee myself as being able to recover quick enough to keep insurance and my car or to pay for internet

its been a fun 9 years for me! *salute
Link | Reply | Quote
 Guess

Posted 16 July 2011 - 4:25 pm
Do you mean you are going bankruptcy? Sad to hear that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TRA]stresser

Posted 14 November 2011 - 1:07 am
Good luck!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MACAR]TimeTraveller

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:26 pm
Wish you all of the best!
Link | Reply | Quote
 17_King420

Posted 17 October 2012 - 9:11 am
Wish you the best of luck. Finding a new good job these days isn't what it was in the 80's. I remember when you could actually find jobs in the newspaper! Hope something good happens to change your circumstances. We all may poke fun at eachother here but something serious like this you have my prayers! Hope to see you back sooner than you thought.

-Brad
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ AB ]YouR_MasteR

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:08 am
Agree
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:31 am
hmmmmm
Link | Reply | Quote
 BOSS_Keeper

Posted 17 October 2012 - 1:04 pm
I hope things pick up for you. If you ever come back around, message me here or on XFire and I'll fly some with you. Take care!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TRA]godofmars02

Posted 18 October 2012 - 4:49 am
actually, since i posted this, i have 2 days of work and more to come, i might get another 6 months of life on the internet Yay !
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TRA]godofmars02

Posted 18 October 2012 - 4:53 am
ive been bankrupt for 4 years, just never filed the papes. in fact i was inactive for a while also

no, wait, when i dont work for 6 months, i wont even be living in my car, i will have a sleeping bag somewhere, filing for indolence, with the court, and camping under some hedge bush.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TRA]godofmars02

Posted 18 October 2012 - 4:54 am
right now im looking at you on voobly with a game hosted thats locked out and day master is afk too
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TRA]godofmars02

Posted 18 October 2012 - 4:56 am
well you replied to my post, which i forgot i posted. read my other posts on this subject i might have another six months internet if i can budget it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TRA]godofmars02

Posted 18 October 2012 - 4:58 am
brad where i live, 500 people apply for the same job. 1200 people, average, look at the same jobs im looking at. i had an interview this summer where i was about 35th on the call to interview. guess what? I didnt even rank for a follow up. and when the same company had two more positions open, i appled again, and i didnt even make the interview process.
Link | Reply | Quote
 17_King420

Posted 18 October 2012 - 4:55 pm
brad where i live, 500 people apply for the same job. 1200 people, average, look at the same jobs im looking at. i had an interview this summer where i was about 35th on the call to interview. guess what? I didnt even rank for a follow up. and when the same company had two more positions open, i appled again, and i didnt even make the interview process.

I live in Cbus Ohio. It's been terrible here since about mid 90's. Graduated with a 3.5 in EET (stupid name it's just Computer Science) and with 40k in student loans couldn't find anything along with alot of other classmates that had that same degree (and solid gpa). Lots of factors tho. When I enrolled in 1998 Internet was exploding. Then 9/11 and the dot com bust and there went that. Had to adapt and go into business for myself independently. Of course not everyone has the resources or is in a field where that is possible. Definitely not living the life I thought I would when I recieved that degree. No one to blame, jobs dissappeared and people moved downward in the computer industry. Now people with 10+ years in the field are happy(maybe more desperate than happy) to take an entry level job (for entry level pay) which left me and many of my classmates up against more experience people that were willing to do the job for the same pay. Not many employers are going to risk hiring in a new graduate when the guy over there has been doing the job (or a more difficult one) for years. Never give up tho, the next job your going for may be that one you needed or wanted.

Glad your situation turned around.

-Brad

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts