Huns=250 Kills,
Japs=350 Kills,
Franks=350 Kills
Chinese=350Kills,
Byza=400 kills
Turks, Spanish, Pers and Koreans don't get imp. They have to research in TC
Other Civs=500 Kills

Pop Limits:
Pers, Turks, Spanish and Koreans start the game with 140 pop limit.
Sara start with 180 pop limit.
For every castle they lose, their pop limit will decrease of 20.
Once they get 600 kills/villager their pop limit will increase to 200.

Other civs start with 200 pop limit and it doesn't decrease if they lose one or more castles.

Resources:
30M of food, wood, gold and 199K of stone at start, instead of small amounts every 10 minutes.

Also removed kill counter and replaced with clear messages every 50 kills.

Hopefully now the civs are more balanced and also when we tested the map, we didn't experience any lag problems/crashes which ruin most cbf games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BlueSteel

Posted 24 July 2011 - 5:22 pm
The main problem with CBF is the constant freezing in at least 50% of games. Unfortunately this is putting people off the map. People say it is cos it is a big map but when me and loads of other people played on Gamespy, it hardly ever crashed. I always suspected it was a faulty version and if what you say is true it seems that is the case.

On the other hand, I would have korea, spain and turk on 160, as 140 is low especially now if they lose their front castle they will be down to 120 ;scared.
Link | Reply | Quote
 I3lackI3ird

Posted 25 July 2011 - 6:58 am
Even if they lose 1 castle, which is not easy at all, they are still strong with 120 pop limit.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BlueSteel

Posted 26 July 2011 - 2:49 pm
I don't really think it is hard to destroy the front castle.
And lol Donnie, from a defensive position yes, but a good attack from multiple sides with switch stance patrols, 200 viks could win.
Just think the reduction is a bit extreme but should get this rated, then we can play games and discuss further. As long as the constant game crash is fixed I'm happy, as right now CBF is pretty much dead cos of it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 26 July 2011 - 4:34 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
It's strange that it freezes with such a low amount of triggers. I tested the game quickly and I noticed that it lags quite a bit when the cpu resigns. Try editing the player defeated triggers/making some and see if that helps. Also, try changing the terrain since that seems to have fixed the freezing issue in 2012. I tried to reduce ice+shallows in 2012 as much as possible so maybe try to replace the marsh patches with some other terrain.
Link | Reply | Quote
 I3lackI3ird

Posted 26 July 2011 - 5:14 pm
It's strange that it freezes with such a low amount of triggers. I tested the game quickly and I noticed that it lags quite a bit when the cpu resigns. Try editing the player defeated triggers/making some and see if that helps. Also, try changing the terrain since that seems to have fixed the freezing issue in 2012. I tried to reduce ice+shallows in 2012 as much as possible so maybe try to replace the marsh patches with some other terrain.
There aren't any player defeated triggers in CBF (except the one killing the transport ship when you lose your last castle).

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts