Question~!! Have a read!!~~

[FuS]Talli_Ho69er

Posted 22 August 2011 - 6:25 pm
Ok just a little question

How many people are out there making maps for AOE2

Reason for the question is would there be a point of setting up a team to create maps

bringing out new ideas, new designs ect

with the maps i have seen lately there all seem to have the same idea in place

there nothing that is new and creative

My idea as a team is working together to make maps that many people from all ova the world can enjoy
but dont have the idea stolen for other creations, Lately i have been making a few maps and the ideas i have come up with have been ideas others have made it to there maps and what i have done is mixed it up and added it to mine (BUT THERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF NOT MY OWN CREATION)

I want to be able to make something new something that hasn't been made before
But at the same time be fun and "NOT BORING"

With what i have said summing it up for you all

IS THERE A POINT TO MAKING MAPS THAT NOBODY HAS MADE BEFORE,ONES THAT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO PLAY, ONES THAT ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE ANY IDEAS FROM OTHER CREATIONS, BUT SOLELY AND TRULY NEW DESIGNS.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK GUYS AND GIRLS
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Posted 22 August 2011 - 6:40 pm
This idea pops up about twice a year.....a team is formed for making maps and they make 1-3 maps or something

usually the maps have too many triggers and lag like crazy

not really an idea that works

mapmakers dont really enjoy collaborating sorry
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 22 August 2011 - 6:42 pm
I'm making maps for aoc :p

Take a look at my Kings Blood (in the map pack), it's pretty unique, but there's not that much new. I just mixed a few ideas I've seen on other maps and made an ultimate map of it all ^^

It's hard to creates something nobody has ever created before because of the limited editor. Sure, you can use modding, but will that really make the maps more unique?

The problem today is all the noobs playing aoc. If you host a new map, they will just whine and complain and want to play CBA instead. CBA is the only thing they "can" play, mostly because it relies mostly on luck. I mean, sure there are pro CBA players. But if you compare the amount of "pros" and the total amount of CBA players, you'll see that they aren't that many.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 22 August 2011 - 6:44 pm
usually the maps have too many triggers and lag like crazy

Dude, my Kings Blood has over 5800 triggers. I've never experienced lagg while playing it (well, except for when I have crappy connection ~0,3mbit/sec)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FuS]Talli_Ho69er

Posted 22 August 2011 - 6:52 pm
ok no worrys guys And for who said that to many triggers make the game lag your wrong there
I hade a look a CBA V8 and that got to have atless well maybe 10,000 trigger and the thats an 8 player

the map im currenty working on is a 2 player only and i all ready have 300 triggers setup and that only covers the Kill counts

And nother question i have seen a lot of stuff about modding can sombody describe how they are used and how you can use them
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 22 August 2011 - 6:54 pm
CBA v8 isn't 10,000 triggers, it's only 1970 triggers :p
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FuS]Talli_Ho69er

Posted 22 August 2011 - 6:56 pm
hahahh lol did u count them

I just flicked though it and it felt like it was going for ever
Link | Reply | Quote
 [FuS]Talli_Ho69er

Posted 22 August 2011 - 6:58 pm
Bf_basse tell me about your map (kings blood)
Link | Reply | Quote
 diablomasta

Posted 22 August 2011 - 7:17 pm
Why... when nobody plays all the old maps.

Its up to us golden oldies to spread the great old maps to new players.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SaTaN]CanadaFTW

Posted 22 August 2011 - 7:20 pm
The most original map to come out recently is Jurassic and that's because of it's use of a mod. It's really hard to make something completely original because as someone said earlier, a limited editor, and most ideas have already been exhausted.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 22 August 2011 - 8:17 pm
Why... when nobody plays all the old maps.

Its up to us golden oldies to spread the great old maps to new players.

Tbh, most old maps are crap (Radical Blood, Market Blood, Blacksmith Blood, Chaos Blood, seriously?) :p

Sure, there are great old maps too, but I rarely see them hosted anywhere.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Barsta

Posted 22 August 2011 - 8:29 pm
Crap? Crap? OK fine it seems AoC Radical is crap. and the others I dunno...

BUT chaos is awesomes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 22 August 2011 - 8:46 pm
Chaos Blood is just... how should I say this? Crap? :p
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DZ]deadlydeo

Edited 22 August 2011 - 9:06 pm by [DZ]deadlydeo
If anyone have any questions/interests in creating new maps, Please contact Donnie
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 22 August 2011 - 9:13 pm
I create new maps all the time, but I rarely publish on Voobly since Voobly crashes on me (and Voobly NAT isn't working)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 32 posts