Rambit CB 2011

NicKeL_

Posted 8 January 2012 - 1:37 am
genitour disabling would be ****ic...its a traditional part of rambit an invincible unit
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 8 January 2012 - 6:35 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
NicKeL_ wrote:
genitour disabling would be ****ic...its a traditional part of rambit an invincible unit

Units are much more aggressive towards the genitour than the skirm. Genitour is a true invincible unit in that enemy units continually get stuck on it while trying to kill it and they attack it first if it's within range while enemy units only attack the skirm if it's the closest unit, don't attack it first, and it's easy to defend against by just putting your units on aggressive and stopping them when they get stuck on it. The only way to defend against the genitour is by telling your units to guard but this is time consuming and you can't do it quick enough for it to totally counter the gen. Although, I have seen the genitour have no effect on some people's units which really pisses me off because I don't know how they do it. Anywho, you're probably right though. Probably shouldn't give people that option because people would get pissed if the host did it without telling them he was going to. It does indeed add quite a bit of balance as well.
i was just having problems with the game crashing when i was testing the map. it might have been the same thing that was happening to your version of RCBG2012 [MeT]Xx_Weapon_xX,
when it was quitting out. it was crashing sometimes but not others, but always when the timer was @ 2 secs if it did crash. the trigger causing the crashing was one i made of condition; timer=3 secs effect; disable tech= elite skirmisher (which i had to use AOKTS for)
maybe it was a trigger similar to this causing your version to crash?

mmm. It's definitely something to watch out for in terms of similar triggers. However, I'm fairly certain I don't have this trigger in 2012 because I actually allow people to research elite skirm...you don't need to disable it via just creating an undead elite skirm when they buy it so nothing gets changed if people research it.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]
Displaying 31 - 32 out of 32 posts