Last Chance: RCB Gold Shadow Suggestions

[MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 31 March 2012 - 7:18 pm by [MeT]_Soujiro_
Only thing i would say is when getting spawn units (Theo, Harald, williams) etc. make it so its 200 of them max rather 200 total units max... but thats about it i couldn't really care about gen, its part of the game buy you could make the same version, one with, one without?

I think these buys would be too strong then for certain civilizations (e.g. persians, koreans, maybe byz). Plus, most of the time your pop slowly builds up to 200 of these units anyways (i.e. you delete other units over time and use the strong ones you already have to defend if need be), again unless you're maybe an archer civ that can garrison or the koreans I don't see the point and this would confer a significant advantage. However, if a lot of you people out there disagree with that, post here, but I definitely think it'd be a risky move and would need a lot of testing, which is something I don't want to do since I want the final version to be done in a couple weeks. You currently get 200 military pop of theo, william etc. not including monks/civilian pop if that helps any.

Thanks for the idea though!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LcF_]Songi_Kaze

Posted 31 March 2012 - 7:41 pm
limit the amount of genitours/skirms
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 31 March 2012 - 7:45 pm by [MeT]_Soujiro_
Thunderbird + other people, how does this look:

RCB Gold Shadow F1 - Desert Under Pyramid

I fooled around with the X like in 2011 v2 but it looks weird now with the bigger base.
limit the amount of genitours/skirms
How many and why? If you want this because of people powering up skirms/gens when they buy mid it's much harder to do this now with the missionary.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LcF_]Songi_Kaze

Edited 31 March 2012 - 7:59 pm by [LcF_]Songi_Kaze
sometimes i see people swarm like 5 genitours or more
maybe less then 5 since it's pretty difficult to convert all of them
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 31 March 2012 - 9:56 pm by [MeT]_Soujiro_
What do you guys think of notification messages for when someone has 200 Beli, William, or Theo? The message wouldn't specify a player. It could also be several minutes after they hit 200.

Something like: Look Out!!! Someone on the Map has 200 Beli, William, or Theo.
sometimes i see people swarm like 5 genitours or more
maybe less then 5 since it's pretty difficult to convert all of them

I don't think this is a big issue. I think people have gotten good at converting them and it'll be easier to do so with a missionary. Plus, the genitour costs three kings in this version so to get 5 of them that'd be 15 kings or 7.5 kings up top. Also, things like legions fury will make holding mid harder to lessen the chance of people powering up many skirms and/or gens at the same time. If you're having trouble with skirms just put your units on aggressive and continually stop them. Skirms shouldn't be an issue for anyone other than maybe your towers/castles.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:44 pm
on the terrain design part; i cant see how anyone even complains about that. I wouldn't notice or care about the looks, but thats just my opinion.
about the genitour; I hate it and get annoyed and pissed off at the gen as much as anyone + almost never buy it. that is ironic since I was the one to add it, having no clue it would effect units so differently than a skirm. having said all that I still dont really think it needs to be removed. at most the price could be changed up another king, but I dont think even that is necessary as its already been up'ed by 1. I wouldnt mind if its removed but theres no point if its the right price. leaving it in can allow for ppl to waste a lot of kings on it so thats one potential positive.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Posted 1 April 2012 - 3:14 am
^I'm going to add in the option to disable it.

I don't see how the current terrain is a legit issue but I do see how it could be improved to make it less bland. I'll upload a screen of this soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]thunderbird

Posted 1 April 2012 - 5:01 am
the desert around the pyramid looks nice.....the terrain might not be a problem for you guys probably coz you guys made these maps....the first time i played the shadow map everything appeared too dull/dark to me

is it possible to like make a customizable spwaning gather point, like it is in cba with three differnt spwaning points that the player can choose from..sometimes the enemy just stands at the entrance of your base and keeps shooting your spwaned hero...

an interesting addition could be a tower update to guard tower for goths for one king....i have always felt that goths are the weakest civ in rcb

btw you deserve a big thanks from all of us....the auto delete auto boot bug was geting really annoying..i got booted three times in a row
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 1 April 2012 - 6:09 am by [MeT]_Soujiro_
^The terrain: Yeah it shouldn't be as bad when I update it. I'll post a screen tomorrow.

I forgot about the spawning point thing. Isthismyname pointed this idea out awhile ago. Thanks for reminding me though.

The goths are greatly upgraded in the start in this version including a tower boost. Download the scenario and set yourself as goths and/or read the scouts to see the details.

I'm not sure what you meant by the last bit. Can you explain in more detail?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]thunderbird

Posted 1 April 2012 - 7:41 am
I'm not sure what you meant by the last bit. Can you explain in more detail?
you mean the auto delete auto boot bug...well it happens a lot in rcb....you are playing good and probably winning but all of a sudden you are dead and the msg reads 'you have been booted for deleting' even though you have not deleted a single thing...

also, is there any way you can send more than one king to the top store or the super store at the same time....maybe you can make a tunnel at the mouth of the palce where you put your king to send it to the super/top store and make the tunnel narrow enough so that only i king passes through it at a time..it might work
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 1 April 2012 - 8:11 am by [MeT]_Soujiro_
Oh. I've never had that bug happen before. I can assure you the anti-delete has been checked for every tower so it absolutely shouldn't happen. You can also now delete your archery range in this version if you want. The buildings you can delete are labeled: "You can delete me."

On the second suggestion...transferring kings while playing is a skill. I guess I could change it to bring four kings in and two would go up top but I'm not sure if I want to since I know all that stuff works already. If a couple more people agree I could do this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 17ProFeeder

Posted 1 April 2012 - 8:14 am
is stupid to think that this may be the latest version of RCB. All maps have errors of balance viewed in certain time, and need time to adjust to the new practices of play; For example in all versions of RCB isn't equal game with Japanese vs Goths, least in version 2010 v3.

In Topic:
1. I like the terrain in shadow, i think many people as me, feel that the brightness is high, because for high sensitive eyes.

2. I think expand the middle zone for Tamerlane is not enough for justify high spending of kings. I think need +1 (+2 totally) ap upgrade every 7 seconds at least, stay in middle with any unit is very hard, more when some are teaming against which is in the middle.

3. I think is fair pay 3 kings to buy them genitour. Is a mistake put a limit amount of genitours, the cost rise generates balance needed. Against the skirms i think bassed on experience, genitour is most effective and worth it. Skirms needed also buy for 1 instead of 2, it cause a spam of invincible units.

4. turn up one second in the waiting time is very bad to gameplay. I think is equal to play in Normal mode time (almost everyone play in fast mode), in normal mode may be as play in slow mode time, i think.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Posted 1 April 2012 - 8:55 am
^Read those other threads. Last version is not my choice.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]thunderbird

Posted 1 April 2012 - 9:19 am
what i actually meant by transferring more than one king to the top store was, suppose you 10 kings and you want to send them all to the top store..now if the kings would go to the transferring point one at a time(that’s where the tunnel comes into play) instead of all at once, then as soon as two kings gather at the transferring point they are sent to the top store and so on..

its kinda analogous to how a queue works in a computer
Link | Reply | Quote
 Byakuya_

Posted 1 April 2012 - 10:00 am
Add any kind of new hero.

William wallace +20

Normal Harald

Kushluck

guy with +8 ranged armor with +5 attack idk.
anything..

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]34
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 47 posts