Last Chance: RCB Gold Shadow Suggestions

[MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 1 April 2012 - 4:57 pm by [MeT]_Soujiro_
^Had normal Harald in before. People didn't like it. Archers of the eyes and Henry are back in at 2 and 4 kings respectively. Adding in another would require too much testing so it'll stay the way it is.

Thanks for your consideration though!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 1 April 2012 - 5:21 pm by [MeT]_Soujiro_
is stupid to think that this may be the latest version of RCB. All maps have errors of balance viewed in certain time, and need time to adjust to the new practices of play; For example in all versions of RCB isn't equal game with Japanese vs Goths, least in version 2010 v3.

In Topic:
1. I like the terrain in shadow, i think many people as me, feel that the brightness is high, because for high sensitive eyes.

2. I think expand the middle zone for Tamerlane is not enough for justify high spending of kings. I think need +1 (+2 totally) ap upgrade every 7 seconds at least, stay in middle with any unit is very hard, more when some are teaming against which is in the middle.

3. I think is fair pay 3 kings to buy them genitour. Is a mistake put a limit amount of genitours, the cost rise generates balance needed. Against the skirms i think bassed on experience, genitour is most effective and worth it. Skirms needed also buy for 1 instead of 2, it cause a spam of invincible units.

4. turn up one second in the waiting time is very bad to gameplay. I think is equal to play in Normal mode time (almost everyone play in fast mode), in normal mode may be as play in slow mode time, i think.

1) You guys about the terrain!!! One guy says it was too dark and dull another says it was too bright. lol *shakes fist* I'll update something soon with the new terrain. On the brightness note. If you played the first rated version of shadow with light water that's been replaced with dark, deep water. Plus, I'm not sure how you can stand to play 2011 if you think shadow is bright... patches of snow everywhere in 2011, grey road, and desert all very bright.

2) Tamerlane is 9 kings now and every 4 secs compared to 10 kings and every 3 secs in 2011 v2. IMO Tamerlane + mid you just need to make sure you do it with significant pop but I agree that if you get a lot of martel at you you're screwed; Imp Aztec Charlemagne also beats Tamerlane, lol. I've thought about giving Tamerlane a global boost similar to beli, william, etc. but that'd make khan irrelevant. Oh wait you meant just to increase it to +2 ap every 7 secs from +1... I'm not sure. It'll probably stay the way I have it now.

3) I agree about the genitour. Not sure what you meant in the last sentence about skirms.

4) I have no idea what you meant by this.
is stupid to think that this may be the latest version of RCB. All maps have errors of balance viewed in certain time, and need time to adjust to the new practices of play; For example in all versions of RCB isn't equal game with Japanese vs Goths, least in version 2010 v3.

Again, this isn't my choice. Read those other threads. For some reason everything needs to be perfect and final.

On the balance issue... all bombards in mid are undead for the first two mins which should help a little bit and at least give you a guaranteed two razes....you need to be sure to use it though otherwise it'll just shoot at other undead bombards.
what i actually meant by transferring more than one king to the top store was, suppose you 10 kings and you want to send them all to the top store..now if the kings would go to the transferring point one at a time(that’s where the tunnel comes into play) instead of all at once, then as soon as two kings gather at the transferring point they are sent to the top store and so on..

its kinda analogous to how a queue works in a computer

I could do this but feel as if it'd take too much time to get it working just right. Transferring your kings is a necessary part of RCB anyways in terms of the mass macro skills you need to have. That is, you need to be dominating all over the map and also quick enough to transfer your kings up top. I think putting the bottom store at the different angle makes selecting 2 kings at a time easier though so at least that should help a little with this.

Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Bamster

Posted 1 April 2012 - 6:16 pm
no gay geni go back to skirm
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Posted 1 April 2012 - 6:20 pm
no gay geni go back to skirm

Yes, if you would've read even just the first post you'd see there's going to be the option to disable it on the kills/razes island.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ LgS ]__Its_TacT__

Posted 1 April 2012 - 7:11 pm
I'm not sure where you get such thoughts from... I really need to pass out though. Tell your mutant killer giraffe I said hi and don't eat me.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 1 April 2012 - 10:18 pm by [MeT]_Soujiro_
Which one? or Do it yourself and show me...

I'm almost positive I'm going with the second one unless someone shows me something better.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Edited 1 April 2012 - 9:41 pm by Is_this_my_name
friar should probably get more hp since the missionary is so much faster. how many hp does anyone think? 1300? 1500? 2000? 5000?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LC_Mau5_RTK

Posted 1 April 2012 - 10:55 pm
OMG NO ONE CARES!
Dead map.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Posted 2 April 2012 - 4:17 am
Multiple Spawn Points Finished:

You must login into Voobly to view image

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 6 April 2012 - 5:59 am by [MeT]_Soujiro_
Glad I have the genitour disabled via you guys talking about how much you hate it. Played a really gay game tonight with brits robin versus genitour... not cool plus I didn't buy a villie so I had to get friar which kept on dying because the guy wasn't an ****...glad friar has more hp in 2012 too; thank isthismyname for that idea. I doubt people will remember to enable it anyways even if they want it so effectively it's permanently gone...

this should be rated soon... I gave Donnie the okay so it's up to him.
Link | Reply | Quote
 QuackQuackIvI_F

Edited 30 September 2012 - 1:59 am by QuackQuackIvI_F
explicación de español a continuación

RCB Gold 2012 F2

Major Changes from 2011 v2:

Gameplay:
  • Map should freeze less due to better triggers
  • Center bombard towers are undead for the first two minutes to help balance between different civs/people getting screwed over out of spite... this pretty much gives you a guaranteed two razes but you need to make sure to use your bombard otherwise it'll just shoot at other undead bombards
  • Genitour buy disabled... can be enabled in the first 5 mins on the kills razes island via a majority vote (e.g. 8 players present 5/8 => enable)
  • also on the kills razes island you can enable shadow mode (so you die 5 minutes after your pyramid is destroyed instead of instantly) or enable global mode (all power-up buys up top disabled so essentially first to global wins) ... you can enable/disable all three things here if you want (activate genitour, disable shadow, enable global mode)
  • bigger bases to build more stuff
  • You only get 1800 stone now... villager was too big of an advantage in 2011... you get more stone per king on the super store now though
  • you now have four different spawn options to be selected by moving the king on the respawn island (next to blacksmith and university) to the area you want to spawn to (see screens above)
  • whole map redesigned for various reasons
  • auto-balance at cross: if you get beat at the cross you get a bonus king to try and balance things out (will help vs persians, koreans, and in general if the civ next to you is better and beats you)

Tiny Island:
  • Instead of 9 archers of the eyes you can get 10 lord de graville that power-up slowly (1 ap, 2hp every 30 secs)
  • Paladins have +20 hp... you still get 4 of them
  • Frankish Paladin still 2 ap, 10 hp every 13 secs but now +175 hp, 75 ap initially to compete with paladins/archers
  • Khan removed and instead in your base you get a "Khan Defender" this powers up at a rate 1/3 that of the house guard. you get him after 15 minutes and he doesn't respawn

Top Store:
  • Charlemagne: +blast furnace (imp attack upgrade) added back into the buy(if your civ gets it you do)
  • Henry V: added back in at 4 kings every 4 secs with imp cavalry armor (if your civ gets it you do)
  • Archers of the Eyes: added back in at 2 kings every 4 secs
  • Legions Fury: creates 9 sabs on mid hill to kill all units and damage to other players units on mid every 5 secs after you buy it (negligible effect)
  • Tamerlane: now 9 kings instead of 10, every 5 secs with larger power-up area
  • Middle Power-Up: slightly larger area due to legions fury and every 2 secs: 2hp/1 ap

Super Store:
  • 430 stone per king instead of 325
  • Full Pop Buyable (gives you 200 total pop) for three kings
  • Nevski: same as 2011 v2 but it gets 3 hp/2 ap every 20 secs as well
  • Semi-Spies: relatively same area as 2011 but now see enemies spawn added to it... still 2 kings
  • harald +50 hp, 25 ap initially otherwise same as 2011 v2
  • Fire Ship for 2 kings (for palisade walls) ... kinda sucks ... need to send in transport as distraction to use well
  • Transport ship: three kings but now all transport techs your civ gets included with that
  • 2 undead skirms for 2 kings
  • genitour: three kings + faith tech but it's disabled at the start... host has 5 mins to enable it if they choose via the kills/razes island
  • missionary added for 1 king
  • friar tuck: 1.7k hp total compared to 1k to make it viable still otherwise everyone would just buy missionary

Link | Reply | Quote
 congratulations

Posted 24 April 2012 - 6:47 pm
I dislike nearly every change, except for the genitour. (and few more)
I saw the new design and it confused me very much.. i dont get it why need to change the design. everbody is used to 2011 v2's, wich in my opinion is very good. 2012 desing is not about micro but about good looking wich made me kinda upset.

Some changes that I'd like:

-Add +7 or +8 ap to spawning heroes (top store) like in the 10th legion one. (for 7 kings)
-Make top store tamerlane 2ap/7sec powerup. (1ap is too weak)
-Genitour for 4 kings or remove, and make skirmisher. (fix elite skirm upgrade bug)
-Leave 2011 design.
Link | Reply | Quote
 congratulations

Posted 24 April 2012 - 6:49 pm
And i think that giving host power to edit gameplay at beginning isnt fair. since he can judge it by his civ.
If hes cavalry, he does genitour, if hes archer he dont.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MeT]_Soujiro_

Edited 24 April 2012 - 7:44 pm by [MeT]_Soujiro_
-Add +7 or +8 ap to spawning heroes (top store) like in the 10th legion one. (for 7 kings)
This'll change things too much from 2011 and make people like yourself dislike it even more since it'd lead to a starker contrast between the two. This is why 10th legion is still in the map pack. If you want it that way go play 10th legion.
-Make top store tamerlane 2ap/7sec powerup. (1ap is too weak)
Tamerlane is truly a pain in the ass to get right. I'm satisfied with the way it is now after much testing.

• Bigger power-up area (16 squares compared to 9 in 2011)
  • Genitour disabled at the start and will only be enabled through a majority vote so holding mid will be much easier.
  • Tamerlane is 9 kings.
  • If people still don't purchase the unit it'll just be like 2011 so no biggie there.
-Genitour for 4 kings or remove, and make skirmisher. (fix elite skirm upgrade bug)
There is no upgrade bug. undead skirms are automatically created as elite....upgrading to elite at archery range does nothing to the buy. Genitour at 4 kings is ridiculous and no one would buy it.
And i think that giving host power to edit gameplay at beginning isnt fair. since he can judge it by his civ.
If hes cavalry, he does genitour, if hes archer he dont.

Donnie unrated it because host choosing whether or not to activate gen isn't completely fairs so now it's a majority vote, which I mentioned above. Activating/deactivating other things (deact shadow mode, enable global mode) don't give host an advantage. Oh and actually whether or not the host is cavalry/archer doesn't matter. What does matter is the host's monastery and the only thing that matters there is whether or not they get the +3 conversion tech. All civs get faith and all genitours when bought (if enabled) get faith researched.
I dislike nearly every change, except for the genitour. (and few more)
I saw the new design and it confused me very much.. i dont get it why need to change the design. everbody is used to 2011 v2's, wich in my opinion is very good. 2012 desing is not about micro

Certain defects are present each time someone changes the terrain in a map to certain things. RCB has undergone various edits over the years which left these defects a plenty. See here 2012 top design versus 2011:

Notice there isn't a bunch of crap in the water in 2012? Some of this "crap" can lead to a map freezing (e.g. sea walls, ice causing initial lag, units hanging over the map), which is one of the reasons the whole map was redone.

Other reasons for redoing the whole map include:
  • Making everything even (bases, distance between respawn and back of base, making bottom store more even so p1 doesn't have an advantage purchasing a castle over p8...)
  • Bigger bases
  • Room behind respawn for transport ship so it's possible to boat someone across the map
  • better triggers in various ways to try and reduce freezing

If you're confused by the map that's really weird. You should just look at it more. On the whole the map is the same with just many little changes.

Your notion that the
2012desing is not about micro
is confusing as well since the gameplay is fundamentally the same.

Oh and if I'm going to remake a whole map you're damn right I'm going to put my own design on it. Candidly the 2011 v2 map is way too bright plus it doesn't have any contrastive tones. There's no way I'm changing the design to the same colors as in 2011. Thanks for the input though. Keep in mind I didn't have to remake this thing and only did so to try and make the community better so if you can't respect that screw you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]DJ

Posted 5 May 2012 - 12:27 am
And you waste time "voting" in a very intensive-focused map?

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]4
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 47 posts