Unplayed maps removed

[BalaaM_]CaNeK

Posted 6 November 2012 - 3:17 am
Doom Final is actually an interesting and original blood map. Its probably worth doing a league for it again.

other fail league :S
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 6 November 2012 - 4:10 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
not true,

read this, pretty much sums it up:

Here's a better idea oh Donnie oh wise one. First of all. Prove it. Prove people are doing this and this is the reason you're unrating these maps. Secondly if people are doing this simply set it up where the rate these maps give you toward your point total is reset every couple weeks. Thirdly I and I'm sure many other people don't care one bit if people choose to have an inflated ego via having a high rate. All you have to do is challenge them to prove it and if they don't then it's obvious they're full of it/got the points this way/are cowardly.

[You must login to view link]

Posting images isn't working either... for the above link:

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Posted 6 November 2012 - 5:02 am
Quote:
All you have to do is challenge them to prove it and if they don't then it's obvious they're full of it/got the points this way/are cowardly.

lol I guess you don't know that much about the CS community.

This is done on a daily basis, no one ever shows up and the problem is still there.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Aeon_

Posted 6 November 2012 - 6:37 am
This is to prevent maps that are largely unknown being played solely for gaining rate against people who are unfamiliar with them.

The rating system isn't perfect and will never be perfect, but Donnie is trying to make it a bit more accurate.

If you love a map that has been removed here, then you probably won't have any problems with playing it unrated until you can prove that there is an acceptable amount of people who will play on a regular basis.

Those are just the empty words. You can't make game rating more accurate.

With all the map changes, you just force players to play the noob maps, CBA, CBA hero, even the RCB. Why should I play Bait Blood Tower if the map will be removed (unrated) tomorrow?

Is it more fun to gain points from playing BBT with noobs? than getting beaten by someone else from Gwarz games?

You play the maps you are comfortable with and avoid the maps you are bad at. This is how the game rating was made.

RATING IS NEVER PERFECT. ;shock2
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 6 November 2012 - 6:38 am
try right clicking the image, copy image location
Code:
http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

and to your post, not really sure I need to prove anything. that's what happens, and I'm working to try and make it a bit better.

Yeah I tried doing that. Also tried saving it and uploading it somewhere along with the url shortener; something is weird.

As a map maker it upsets me that these maps will probably never be played again even though they're good maps (some I can say from experience, others I'm assuming); you guys should be promoting these maps and not removing them.

CS League is good and all to promote variety but it really isn't enough. CS League should become a separate ladder (it already is... I know this but...) with many maps added each week instead of just one map. This way you could take unplayed maps from the blood and other ladders and actually promote people playing them. I still say of course unrating CBA a couple hours one night a week would be good as well. Furthermore, even more variety could be gotten with something like 1/8 of the points gained from CS League maps going to the main ladders as well (e.g. if a map blood map is one of the maps in the league along with other maps 1/8 of the points you get from playing that map in the CS league ladder would go towards the ladder its a part of as well).

@Marauder. If both parties refuse to play that's just sad... they're both silly kids who only care about rates then. My idea about still having these maps in the ladders and simply resetting any points gained from them every couple weeks would work for these people. I personally don't give a **** but if others do that'd be a decent way to solve it... just reset the ladder points for those maps... I really don't think it'd be that hard to code.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MD__]DaDrunkInside

Posted 6 November 2012 - 11:39 am
other fail league :S

I know. It is a complicated and difficult map. It needed a decent tutorial to accompany it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 7 November 2012 - 3:43 am
This does not surprise me at all...
Link | Reply | Quote
 masteroflame

Posted 7 November 2012 - 7:37 am
CBA Hero v11 is unfair..... At least ac version balances it out a bit more
Link | Reply | Quote
 witzi

Posted 7 November 2012 - 9:36 pm
Donnie , plz add Dodgeball Teams v2 , is a nice map and never know why are removed with alt leader...
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Posted 8 November 2012 - 12:32 am
It was removed because it had bugs.

List em and I'll probably fix em in 15 mins once I get my desktop back online.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Ox_Weapon_xO_

Edited 8 November 2012 - 6:21 am by _Ox_Weapon_xO_
Instead of removing maps how about this for the unpopular ones:

Voobly could also easily introduce a rating factor where the first 10 or so times you play a map it isn't rated.

BSB definitely isn't a **** map though. I would play that map if sabs worked the same way in AoC. Donnie can you make a selectable mod for this? Quite a few scenarios I'd play in AoC if this were the case.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 26 out of 26 posts