How do I defend against Rush?

IYIyTh

Edited 13 November 2012 - 6:21 am by IYIyTh
rofl...

So, to sum up: the commanders of the classical age and medieval ages were noobs for using skirmishing units to harass the enemies battle lines before their mainline infantry attacked. That is essentially the same thing.

I agree, every commander of every age were very concerned about what hotkeys they were pressing to follow the #1 strategy of their day, which was obviously 20-25 vills before feudal, fast castle, or how to do a huns rush on GA.

Because all they had to worry about was being attacked instead of having time to manipulate their armies.

Oh crap. Actually it was never like that at all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 13 November 2012 - 6:23 am
IYIyTh wrote:
Isn't that what your first response was?

Stop eating ****.

The TLDR from your post is: My mindless memorization of hotkeys and the two variations of Rushing strategy are vastly superior super strategy and everyone who disagrees is just stupid! I epitomize strategy because my super super l337 skills allow me to taunt others on forums and I base their worth and/or intellect on ratings because I suck big floppy donkey ****. Also you are terrible at this game because the only way to play is RM, where everyone uses the same two or three rushing strategies that there is literally no defense to because it is admittedly impossible to prevent. Btw these strategies designed to end the game within 15 minutes because if I had to actually think about what i was doing for any longer I might have to rely on something other than my memorized

VILL 1-6 SUCK ****
VILL 7 COPY OTHER GUYS STRATEGY
VILL 8-25 LOVE **** MORE

-There's more than two variations. Drush/Trush/Smush/Grush/Scrouch/M@A/Laming/Krush etc.
-Not every map uses rush (like noobs friendly Michi which I've suggested you play and BF if you wall out forward early)
-You're taunting people on forums who disagree with your opinion. Don't be such a hypocrite.
-I don't base worth on ratings at all. To be 14xx in this day and age in Rm highlights you don't understand how Rm is played at all, that's all. Maybe try GameRanger as an AOC client.
-I play Rm and CS.
-You can defend against different variants of rush quite easily. Walling isn't too hard.
-Games over in 15 minutes? You talking about AOE3? That doesn't happen in AOC too often unless you're talking about Smosh 1v1 where it's all rush?
-Most RM games are 25 minutes or longer, and require quite a lot of thought from the get go.
-There's no perfect build order, you have to adapt to the situation.
-CS is much more about memorization than Rm is, and I play both regularly.

Do you ever stop embarrassing yourself?

TL;DR - You argue on assumptions and not fact.
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 13 November 2012 - 6:59 am
Myth please vent your repressed urges somewhere else and go suck a **** and get it over with. Fag ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:37 am
Insult the person and hope he resign
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 13 November 2012 - 12:31 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
IYIyTh wrote:
Mental prowess?

You mean memorizing hotkeys and the order of using them and consider it playing as a matter of who micro's those hotkeys faster instead of true strategy?

You're a ****. The gaul to call someone stupid when your idea of strategy is memorizing someone elses is truly hilarious.

Adapting to what is at its base the mundane repetition of clicks is ****ed. You state 20 minutes, but most of the time you are rushed in 12 or less. As for your hilarious rant about how many ****s you swallow every day of your life, I'll just not acknowledge that as a defense for your abhorrent incomprehension of how much of a dolt you seem to be.

"You should adapt to a ****ty style of play that is based more on making sure the game never actually develops," isn't an adequate answer.

What's hilarious is that point blank when pressed on how redundant your pathetic "gaming," skills are, your only retort to the original question is that you simply can't not defend the rush, you can only rush the other person. Meaning that the game has either a serious flaw or rushing is extremely OP.
Sounds like the rambling of somebody who is mad because he sucks.

Notice how it's only the total noobs (14xx players) who complain about this.

There are maps to boom in if you want to boom, and maps you can rush in if you want to rush. So no, it's not really OP, it just means a certain strategy is more effective on a certain style of map..

I await your response insulting me for being better than you at this game and being able to comprehend the basic principles of aoc.

Also.. in every single game knowing shortcuts/hotkeys will help you, so I don't really know why you're crying about that. You should go play in game-ranger where you might last more than 20 minutes vs some players.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 13 November 2012 - 2:48 pm
Calm it down please guys.

Have you ever heard of the phrase: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."?

If you are to beat the rush, you must master the rush. Know your opponent, to know how to beat your opponent. It's as simple as that.

If your strategy doesn't get you through the first 15 minutes, then it's not really a strategy at all, is it?
Link | Reply | Quote
 IYIyTh

Posted 13 November 2012 - 2:57 pm
-There's more than two variations. Drush/Trush/Smush/Grush/Scrouch/M@A/Laming/Krush etc.
-Not every map uses rush (like noobs friendly Michi which I've suggested you play and BF if you wall out forward early)
-You're taunting people on forums who disagree with your opinion. Don't be such a hypocrite.
-I don't base worth on ratings at all. To be 14xx in this day and age in Rm highlights you don't understand how Rm is played at all, that's all. Maybe try GameRanger as an AOC client.
-I play Rm and CS.
-You can defend against different variants of rush quite easily. Walling isn't too hard.
-Games over in 15 minutes? You talking about AOE3? That doesn't happen in AOC too often unless you're talking about Smosh 1v1 where it's all rush?
-Most RM games are 25 minutes or longer, and require quite a lot of thought from the get go.
-There's no perfect build order, you have to adapt to the situation.
-CS is much more about memorization than Rm is, and I play both regularly.

Do you ever stop embarrassing yourself?

TL;DR - You argue on assumptions and not fact.

TLDR: stop swallowing semen.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 13 November 2012 - 3:03 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
IYIyTh wrote:
TLDR: stop swallowing semen.
pahaha what a re tard

Apparently tldr is a valid retort nowdays!
Link | Reply | Quote
 calexus5678

Posted 13 November 2012 - 5:40 pm
Please stfu tough guy. Good do your fckin job and warn this **** to stop his bull****.
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 13 November 2012 - 5:42 pm
i'm noob but i don't think there's a need to wall
just start making army and mining gold early
you can place a tower next to any critical resources area (most of the time early on it's your wood supply)
Link | Reply | Quote
 __CarnAge____

Posted 13 November 2012 - 5:54 pm
you should play sim city
Link | Reply | Quote
 5am

Posted 13 November 2012 - 6:13 pm
dude i got an idea for you - why dont you think that you are a king from the middle ages and say getting rushed by your enemy (and guess what u even know that all use the same strategy so u know your enemy's moves too) so it should'nt go that hard....make lot of walls towers and army to defend yourself .......and stop being a **** in the forums about how to defend a rush. it's like asking in cba how do u get a vllager . that's very noob seriously
Link | Reply | Quote
 Good

Posted 13 November 2012 - 6:18 pm
Please stfu tough guy. Good do your fckin job and warn this **** to stop his bull****.
He has been warned.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TitansK]icelander007

Posted 13 November 2012 - 6:28 pm
This is a game of strategy, experience and skill. If you are better than the opponent u win.. simple. Rush is the defact standard in AOC.. if i could attack in the first min.. i would be very very happy lol..

The Best Defence is Offence. When the guy is rushing u, u rush him. use ur scout wisely and locate wtf he is doing with his villy.. like he is going for a drush, flush, monk rush, anything.

A fast castle is always a victim of any rush for the first 20 min. u wont have resource to make an army..
if u see ur opponent doing it.. u better go for him than wait for ur castle.

Towers always Help, throw some towers with palissade walls.. u have a chance to save ur vills if a rush occur.. u can garrison them in towers

An early barrack is a good thing to do to defend in case of rush. Make ur buildings wisely that they double as walls.

short cut keys are very damn important. reconfigure ur keyboard to suite ur need.

there is no one rule. i built a strong army to rush.. but my opponent just made towers and distroyed me without making a single unit.. that was a funny game indeed.

there are a million way you can be defeated, and there is a million way for your victory. learn from mistakes,
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Viriathus

Posted 13 November 2012 - 7:37 pm

You know it's bad when you gotta resort to good

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]345
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 73 posts