How do I defend against Rush?

IYIyTh

Posted 15 November 2012 - 8:34 pm
1 wrote:
Ad hominem
I don't believe you know what that actually means.
Link | Reply | Quote

Posted 15 November 2012 - 8:35 pm
IYIyTh wrote:
Clearly you are unaware of who started this topic, or a mouth breather such as yourself would have realized that you are simply trolling yourself.
Ad hominem
Link | Reply | Quote
 IYIyTh

Posted 15 November 2012 - 8:37 pm
1 wrote:
Ad hominem

It is abundantly clear you don't understand what you are saying. I would beseech you to stop making an ass of yourself, but it is quite entertaining. Proceed.
Link | Reply | Quote

Posted 15 November 2012 - 8:42 pm
IYIyTh wrote:
I don't believe you know what that actually means.

This is also an ad hominem. All you do is make personal attacks to discredit anyone who speaks out against you.
IYIyTh wrote:
It is abundantly clear you don't understand what you are saying. I would beseech you to stop making an ass of yourself, but it is quite entertaining. Proceed.

It's abundantly clear that you don't understand what I am saying. I would beseech you to stop making an ass of yourself, but I know you will continue blindly on regardless of what I say in the most pompous fashion possible. Please continue with your ad hominem attacks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Joris_

Edited 16 November 2012 - 4:40 pm by _Joris_
IYIyTh wrote:
All of you clowns are pretty awful. Your gaming skills are terrible.

Completely unsurprising.

Says the one who's crying because he's losing. This is an old game so that means that there have being many strategies. Now we just use the best strategies that we feel save with, and that work. Noone asks you to use these strategies. You say that we can't play because we always use the same strategies (and the same beginning for build orders: 6 vills on sheep. ... on wood)? I'd like to see you playing against TheViper or _DauT_ xD. You would expect that you can win a game if "the strategies are that predictable". But you are just one of those people that says it's the others' fault when they can't win. You can't expect from us that we will change our good strategies because you wanna use your unworking ones. If you can't accept that you lose, well than don't play this game and go crying elsewhere ;byecry .
Oh yes, you said there are no strategies? There are many strategies (someone already told them: monk rush, scrush, trush)

ps: I know I 'm a 13++ player in medieval siege, but do you see me crying ;tears because I lose a game? I don't think so. I keep playing and I ask help from some players so I can learn the game. I don't talk bull**** in the forums.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]EyeZz_

Posted 16 November 2012 - 3:53 am
IYIyTh wrote:
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 Juggernuat

Posted 16 November 2012 - 8:19 pm
first off let me reccomend a great game to you called "sim city" might fit your needs better xD and secondly why say rush is cheap when they have an aoc emote " help im being rushed" you expect them to wait for you to finish what your doing? Really?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_FS_]netqueen

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:31 am
Xap wrote:
This game is about rush and it's about optimization.
It's supposed that people should learn rush or at least make an army as fast as possible.
Try to do it yourself training.
Otherwise play maps like michi or bf.
Walls are a way but still they cost time and stone or wood.
The best way is for you to learn to rush. Try to do some pikes and skirms, scout or archers and towers as fast as possbile.
That's the only good way. Even if you don't go after your enemies you will be able to defend attacks.
To me your question sounds like - how can i defend rush if i don't know how to play?
You can't.
If you don't want to learn you can still play for fun, at least sometimes, when enemies don't go after you right from the start.

he is right play mıchı or cba
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Horatio_

Posted 18 November 2012 - 2:24 pm
anyone who uses leet speak and/or random capital letters for their username is clearly either 10 years old and/or mentally ****ed. (but I think we already knew that from looking at his posts on here).

PS. I think one of those free games on facebook is more your thing, perhaps farmville?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 18 November 2012 - 3:39 pm
_Horatio_ wrote:
anyone who uses leet speak and/or random capital letters for their username is clearly either 10 years old and/or mentally ****ed. (but I think we already knew that from looking at his posts on here).

PS. I think one of those free games on facebook is more your thing, perhaps farmville?

farmville is hard to learn dont think he would have great succes in it
Link | Reply | Quote
 da_BLAcK_GoTh

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:15 am
If the OP is not trolling I suggest he read the "Medieval Warfare" section in the Age of Empires history. Random map skirmishes, raiding and sieges are totally what medieval warfare was all about. This is coming from someone who sucks at rushing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 foodstuffs

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:24 am
IYIyTh wrote:
Isn't that what your first response was?

Stop eating ****.

The TLDR from your post is: My mindless memorization of hotkeys and the two variations of Rushing strategy are vastly superior super strategy and everyone who disagrees is just stupid! I epitomize strategy because my super super l337 skills allow me to taunt others on forums and I base their worth and/or intellect on ratings because I suck big floppy donkey ****. Also you are terrible at this game because the only way to play is RM, where everyone uses the same two or three rushing strategies that there is literally no defense to because it is admittedly impossible to prevent. Btw these strategies designed to end the game within 15 minutes because if I had to actually think about what i was doing for any longer I might have to rely on something other than my memorized

VILL 1-6 SUCK ****
VILL 7 COPY OTHER GUYS STRATEGY
VILL 8-25 LOVE **** MORE
Rushing is more than just mashing a bunch of inputs, and smashing your units into an enemy's base. Knowing when, where, and how to apply pressure is just as important as defending against it. Believe it or not this is an RTS (Real Time Strategy). Since it's in real time, multitasking is a very important skill to learn when trying to deal with pressure. If you don't like multitasking or dealing with pressure in REAL TIME, then go play chess. :/
Link | Reply | Quote
 ForgttenEmperor

Edited 11 January 2013 - 1:16 am by ForgttenEmperor
hotkeys = efficiency.. that's all. i have friend 17++ RMer who dont bother with hotkeys.. except maybe the "shift" button.. so u see hotkeys arent even necessary if u can be good with the mouse.
oh also remember if your opponent is rushing he's losing on eco. (2 scouts = 3 vills) (2 range/stable = 1 tc in castle) ...towers help, too.. feudal rush units can be killed by vills, too, you know. they r pretty weak.. even a bs upgraded scout die vs 2-3 vills if u can manage vills well that is. try using houses n buildings as walls.. u need them anyway.. so build them in a way that block enemy entering your town. you dont necessarily have to rush the other to defend a rush.. if u can build your eco well enough while opponent busy spend res on military n u can get a strong eco.. u can pwn him with stronger and more expensive units like seige n stuff...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Arcade_F1re

Posted 26 January 2013 - 8:48 pm
this is ridiculous... and kinda sad
Link | Reply | Quote
 Snuffleupagus

Posted 27 January 2013 - 5:51 pm
random map is for geeks anyway rofl

Link | Reply | Quote
123[4]5
Displaying 46 - 60 out of 73 posts