RCB Gold 2013 F4

MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 7 August 2013 - 12:50 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Now Rated, Scenario Download:
[You must login to view link]

Traducir esta página al español?

1v1/Team Game Changes
  • Undead bombards disabled. Towers will be "alive" instantly for some good ol' killin'.
  • Paladins can be selected in the beginning
  • Still no autobalance

Big changes from RCB 2013 v3:
  • Undead bombards timer reduced to 90 seconds. This passes like nothing. Beginning now requires more skill but still promotes some balance in the beginning.
  • No more archer auto spawn. You'll be able to select from Paladins or 9 Archers of the Eyes in the beginning. Uber units become available at 14 minutes (see more below).
  • Fireship removed and replaced with a remove wall/gate from back of pyramid to end of base buy for 3 kings. There is a delay for removal of 7 seconds for this to occur.
  • There's been an intermittent issue with the bottom store and people losing kings. Instead of messing with it more I just redid the whole thing to ensure no kings will be lost. Here's what it looks like: [You must login to view link]
  • Theo changed to 5 hp, 4 ap every 20 secs from 4 hp, 4 ap. Wallace don't group up well so he won't work and instead I just buffed Theo.
  • Spawn lock: Units become locked into spawn once they're on the respawn island.
  • HG and Defender power-ups stop after 50 minutes.
  • Tamerlane no longer has the larger power-up area. Instead it has the same area as mid power-up. 9 kings, spawns every 4 secs, 7 hp and 1 ap on mid hill every 6 secs
  • Transport 5 kings with regen hp and can hold 10 units.
  • Added the villager as a super store buy for 4 kings. Available after 15 minutes. You must be imperial to buy. It's only intended for later in the game when people need to wall against beli/william/theo and have already bought imperial age. At first I had it at three kings but it seemed like it made the map too defensive so 4 kings is better than just not having it reduced at all.
  • Side path between bases (p1 and p2) put back to 2011 position. Units got stuck/went the wrong way with the different position. It should be noted they still get stuck with the 2011 orientation but not as much. This is because of the bombard positioning which can't be changed.
  • Shallow path sizes adjusted slightly (made them a little bigger). This was an anti-freezing thing since units getting stuck has the potential to freeze it.
  • Archers of the Eyes back on top store for 2 kings, every 3 secs. However, you can only spawn 139 of them. You need less than 139 units to spawn them. With a spawn rate of 3 they're OP'ed in the beginning in most situations and I don't want them to be. I could delay them but yeah... Whatever, if no one buys them no big deal since no one did so in 2010 when they had a spawn rate of 4 secs and they aren't in 2011 so the gameplay won't be changed.
  • Bonus healing when you purchase a Friar Tuck.
  • No more full pop buy. It didn't work anyways.
  • Nevski power-up changed to 4 hp, 2 ap every 20 secs.

Uber Units available at 13 minutes:
Designed to be super units of the 4 buys you can get at the beginning of 2011.
  • 4 respawnable Mordred with 570hp, 45 ap.
  • Khan Defender. 9 hp, 2 ap every 8 secs. 4.5k hp to house. Stops powering up when you lose your house. Purchase Imperial and Castle range techs for best results (otherwise it'll only have a range of 5+1 or 5+2). Doesn't respawn.
  • Frankish. 500 hp, 175 ap initially. 10 hp, 2 ap every 11 secs which is decreased from 13 in 2011/2013 v3.
  • Wolfe plays at 13 minutes to signal opening of uber units. Use Furious the Monkey Boy to Select from them

Noob prevention:
If someone spawns ~16 paladins in a minute it removes the Paladin off the spawn but they can spawn them again if they want by moving it back.

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed Persians Castle Buy. It was possible to get more than just 2 castles as Persians through the castle buy on the bottom store.
  • No more invincible castle glitch.
  • No more view exploit for players 1, 2, 7 and 8.
  • Anti-delete shouldn't false trigger in lag.
  • Can no longer treb stores since they're too far away.
  • No more beli hp blocking.

Further freezing prevention:
  • Combined 2011 v2 and 2013 unit creation mechanisms. In other words I took the anti-blocking aspects out of the current triggers and replaced them with a mech similar if not identical to 2011 v2; this should lessen the freezing. Currently I just think there's too many effects triggering via incorporating the anti-blocking in there with creation. Bottom store will have taskers always on. Everything else will not and will have taskers incorporated and will just have the anti-blocking aspects removed. The main creation triggers in the bases for units on the respawn island can't be always on otherwise units get stuck on the flag(s) like they do in 2011. The super and top stores have anti-blocking incorporated.

Legendary RCB Gold Civ king amounts:

Aztecs - 3 Kings (5 total) No more elite unit to start.
Britons - 0 Additional Kings (2 total)
Byzantines - 1 king (3 total) Get more bombard tower hp in mid after 100 secs.
Celts - 3 Kings (5 total)
Chinese - 2 Kings (4 total)
Franks - 3 Kings (5 total)
Goths - 3 Kings (5 total), + tower upgrades (techs + hp)
Huns - 2 Kings (4 total), + tower upgrades (techs + hp) Get slightly more hp but not as much as other civs
Japanese - 2 Kings (4 total)
Koreans: -40 pop, -1000 stone, -1 king Get more stone than in 2011 v4
Mayans - 1 King (3 total)
Mongols - 1 king (3 total)
Persians - 0 Additional Kings (2 total), 4 castles max, -40 pop, -1100 stone for 25 mins
Saracens - 1 King (3 total)
Spanish - 1 King (3 total)
Teutons - 2 Kings (4 total)
Turks - 1 King (3 total)
Vikings - 3 Kings (5 total)

Turks no longer get a population or kill penalty. Brits no longer get a kill penalty.

Note about how to translate this page to Spanish.

Why the 2011 map needed to be remade:

I set out to stop freezing and promote balance in addition to make everything on the map have more purpose. In addition, I wanted to increase the player base for RCB by making a better, more fun, map overall. All the games of RCB freezing just felt like such a waste of time but now here I am wasting more of my time so you guys don’t have to.

In the past I’ve gone through many versions of RCB gold (like 4-5) and some of you have been mad at me for doing so. Trust me when I say I never wanted to piss you guys off and only wanted to do what was best for the map. I mean it wasn’t for quite some time that I remade the map instead of just editing 2011 because it would benefit the RCB community (see more details below). I'm really just trying to make things better in RCB gold. Yes, at times, I've added unnecessary things taken from previous versions of RCB to see how well they’d work hoping to make the map have more interesting game play. However, I believe I’ve cut down on a lot of those things and now this will be the last update I release. This is why it’s called Legendary RCB Gold; so it can be one of the best maps out there once and for all and hopefully the freezing problem will be decreased. After this update I believe I’ve done everything practical to lessen freezing and promote the best game play possible.

More details on why it needed to be remade:

1) All of the editing of the map over the years has left various defects on the map which has the potential for it to freeze. This is why in this release I actually redid everything again as a precautionary measure.
2) Units frequently get stuck leaving bases going through the gates and in bases. Also, there just isn’t that much room to build in the 2011 map adding to the units getting stuck issue since building must be so compact. To fix this I expanded the width in the front of the base and placed two gates there. In addition I expanded the main base and put the bombards and a few wall pieces alongside the pyramid to compensate for the increased width. Units getting stuck has the potential to create lag and thereby freeze the game as well.
3) Relatively pointless super store island since you can’t get around the player(s) next to you without them dying. So I increased the size of the whole map to leave just enough room for a transport ship to go along the edge of the map undetected behind the respawn island.
4) Unfair bottom store. Big disadvantage for p8 in terms of buying castle(s) compared to p1. In terms of speed between two good players this could be a determining factor in who wins at the “cross.”

Why it’s important to promote balance in the map:

As I stated above, I wanted to increase the player base for RCB by making a better, more fun, map overall. More fair => more fun and harder to win.

Also, myself and many other people believe RCB is a unique map where its design is intended so you have a chance, going random civs, no matter who is next to you. This is why it was important to fix the king amounts in this version to make them more fair compared to 2011.

Furthermore, it was important to facilitate some changes in the map to account for civ differences. CBA enables all techs for this to happen. However, RCB cherishes the uniqueness of civilizations and to do such a thing as enable all techs would tarnish the good name of RCB being one of the best maps. Since all civs aren’t equal and you can get really screwed over in the beginning (e.g. Koreans vs archer civ, You vs Persians…) this is why the so called beginning “helper” things exist in the map (undead bombard, auto-balance and uber units). Personally, I believe they don’t help that much and if the player next to you is good they’ll still beat you overall. However, to increase the vast player base for the map and make it more fun they exist. The map calls for a more skilled beginning but now facilitates ability for players to have an opportunity to catch up.

I agree that some of the time feeding is stopped by players but early in the game where it's rampant it's best to give people something to let them fend for themselves. Also, not to mention the game would be more fun for the person feeding if they were given something to stop said feeding and have a decent chance at winning.

Stuff to fix:
Nothing atm.

I'm almost 100% it's error free with the exception of the anti-delete but like I said you can never really be 100% sure. I've even had it error in 2011 v4 as p1 and p6.

Update: Going through and killing all buildings systematically doesn't invoke a false trigger. In addition, I've programmed some redundancy into the triggers for lag situations if it's false triggering in lag. It shouldn't be having any issues still but the only way coupled with me looking over the triggers and testing them systematically is to have it rated to be tested by the players. I'm not infallible. I believe it's error free and logic tells me so but I could be wrong.

Bugs to be fixed:
  • View Exploit triggers sends message when it isn't needed. Need to reset areas to different things.

Things to be changed:
  • Uber Paladins are too damn strong against lower units. They need less hp and a time limit (probably 15 minutes).
  • Civ king amounts still need to be fixed a little bit.

Going to wait a month or so to see if there's any more things to change/bugs to fix.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 30 June 2013 - 1:44 pm
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 1 July 2013 - 1:05 am
I'll be playing some test games of this later (in about two hours)if anyone is interested.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Deyeck_yecks

Posted 1 July 2013 - 2:47 am
hey plz add hero EL CID with horse!! is a very good hero and more fun =) Im Legend in Rcb Gold .... Remember Nos Ad with cid for 4 kings!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 GenghisKhan97

Posted 5 July 2013 - 11:01 pm
nice work weapon :) :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GG]F1NaL_

Posted 5 July 2013 - 11:28 pm
nice work weapon :) :)
+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 5 July 2013 - 11:56 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Depression is a **** of a disease. I've decided to continue testing this weekend for feedback and look over the anti-delete again to be sure it can be rated.
hey plz add hero EL CID with horse!! is a very good hero and more fun =) Im Legend in Rcb Gold .... Remember Nos Ad with cid for 4 kings!!

Unless more people agree with this I won't do it because there isn't any room on the top store and in order to add an additional one I'd need to change like 10 other things. Also, in a previous version I had Henry V at 4 kings, which imo is better than El Cid since he's a cav unit and can move faster, and people didn't like it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 eXirrv_________

Posted 6 July 2013 - 5:29 am
DO I CARE
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 6 July 2013 - 5:41 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
After a couple more games I believe the map has too much defense and have gotten feedback saying so.

Going to probably remove uber archers and villager for three kings that needs imperial.

Edit: Decided to remove uber archers for sure and already did. Still discussing villager.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 6 July 2013 - 5:47 am
some minor suggestions (anyone give input; (dis)agree)
-boat would be nice if it was cheaper; usually when a ship is needed you want to spend most on nevski etc, whether its weaker to go with price adjustment or not IMO.
-Ive heard some complaints simply that the stores are difficult to get used to. Mostly I think this is irrelevant as ppl will learn, but to help and to make it easier it could help if the units at the top store were in order from least to most kings.
-a single martel at the right super store might be a good idea to help for offense when you buy beli/will/theo. it seems practically impossible to beat someone if they are spawning martel and know how to play. if there was at least 1 martel in the store for 1 king with some extra hp (at least) it would help a lot to take down razes or units when they block with martels. it would also work well strategically for defending vs beli etc.. basically adds the possibility to use it strategically either way
Quote:
hey plz add hero EL CID with horse!! is a very good hero and more fun Im Legend in Rcb Gold .... Remember Nos Ad with cid for 4 kings!!
I remember el cid in the version that it was added with henry v. eventually i think no one ended up getting el cid and everyone got henry. that was when henry was overpowered and spammed and it ruined the map but if the price was right i think henry would be alright to bring back. but then I remember a lot of complaining even when it was at a good price in later versions so it may not be worth the effort.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RcbTommy

Posted 7 July 2013 - 12:20 am
I dont see the point for super bbt in base :/

then you could give one (or two) king bonus to pyramid destroyer
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 7 July 2013 - 1:35 am
RcbTommy wrote:
I dont see the point for super bbt in base :/

then you could give one (or two) king bonus to pyramid destroyer

Stronger bombard in base:

Defense against Persians and Koreans mainly. Also, depending on the unit most bombards take 2-3 hits to kill a single hero unit from the top store. The lowest base hp for a unit on the top store is 320 (Khan), which is why I gave it 320. Also, not to mention there are quite a few additional ways to kill someones pyramid now (e.g. uber units at 13 min so everyone can select frankish in addition to archers of the eyes/paladins in the beginning) so more defense doesn't hurt.

I do like your idea of an additional king if you kill someone but I could see it leading to complaints because more or less it just helps the person winning continue their win. What do other people think?
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 9 July 2013 - 11:08 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
*AOKTS created two versions so I had to redo some stuff if anyone happened to download test 6.

Current version is test 7. Should probably be the last one.
  • Changed Frankish to 11 secs instead of 10.
  • Made Villager on Super Store 4 kings instead of 3 (don't want map to have too much defense)
  • Gave house 4.5k hp instead of 3.5k when Khan Defender is purchased.
  • Fixed anti-delete. If it still misfires it's not my fault. I've programmed it the best way I can.
  • Adjusted front of base wall and gate design slightly to facilitate better movement.
  • System in place where it detects player # then activates triggers to deactivate raze triggers after all players are at 20 razes. (deactivates looped triggers to lessen freezing)
  • Deactivated a few other looped triggers when a player dies in an attempt to lessen freezing.
  • Fixed a bug that gave p1 bonus healing to monks right away.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 1 August 2013 - 3:49 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Map is finalized, has been tested, and is ready to be rated. =V= RCB Gold 2013 F4.scx

Now Rated, Scenario Download:

Link | Reply | Quote
 Hellrazor_

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:34 am
veryyy good mapp, thx alot weapon
love it

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 40 posts