RCB Gold 2013 F4

MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 20 September 2013 - 4:48 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Justin wrote:
this topic is titled F4. have u confirmed this in F6.

also dont have a problem unrating the other map.
but the community has to agree. pls get some support for this.

There's no official thread for F5 (view exploit and blocking trigger fix) or F6 (p3 king exploit on bottom store fix) so I posted it here.

RCB 2011 and 2013 are fundamentally the same map so it really shouldn't matter if 2011 is unrated. It does matter if 2013 were to be unrated and only 2011 left since there are so many bugs still in 2011. I'll message you the current bugs in 2011 in a sec. Also, probably another month should go by in before updating 2013 again just incase.

Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 25 September 2013 - 4:14 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Justin wrote:
so the conditions just needed to be set for p2 p3 p4 etc, so it has been fixed

the fixed version is here for now, but not rated
http://orcristreborn.voobly.com/files/prompt/15004701

any more bugs your aware of?
we also had a report that p6 belarious hp was bugged, but it seems fine to me.

I'm not aware of anymore bugs but it'd be best to wait another month or so before that version gets rated.

Thanks for fixing it btw. I figured that was the case (i.e. not setting the condition king area for p2, p3...) but I do remember setting everything else for the other players and looking it over.

I also remember looking over all power-up areas conditions and effects awhile back so Beli hp shouldn't be bugged. A long, long time ago P1 beli hp actually didn't have the area spread all over the map so if you had a transport on the edge they wouldn't power-up but I fixed that and checked everything over after that.

Seriously it's kinda sad that two of the new things I added to the map this last time ended up being bugged (i.e. bottom store reconfiguration and remove wall/gate buy) but I suppose I did redo the whole map again between F2 and F3 and just copied the triggers over to remove any possible defects from editing it (did this because defects from changing the design over and over can lead to map crashes and/or freezing).

Edit:

There have been a couple complaints about units you buy from the top store not going to the spawn flags on the back of the base but I know it's working and I attribute this to lag. I remember testing it systematically and having it create kings on the areas for players 2, 3, 4... and watching them go to the flags. You can check it out if you want to though but I'm fairly certain it works.

Also, there is the intermittent issue of mid hill visibility disappearing when too many units are fighting there but I'm certain that's just a flaw with the game engine. It seems to happen the most with martel and chinese cho ku no due to their fast fire rate most likely and the game not keeping up/lag throwing it off or something. In the past I tried making it create a map reveal there every 5 minutes or so but that actually lead to the scenario being horribly buggy and units would disappear on top of the hill (lol).
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 2 October 2013 - 8:55 pm
Justin wrote:
nothing i am able to recreate at this point.

Related to what I said or new things that haven't been mentioned?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Carnage

Posted 23 November 2013 - 2:21 pm
You should think about rebalancing power of scouts, mini harald and price of ship. In my opinion mini harald is extremly overpowered, scout too, since it kills robin in one shot, plus if you get villager and friar you can make 30 monks and heal his 15k hp in 1 min. I believe it kills old feeding style of game, since you can get rushed soo easy. Plus ship is much more better then in old version and you can remove walls with only 2 kings (only good thing is it doesn't remove unfinished gates, but if it did camping with haralds/scouts will become main style to play this map...)
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 24 November 2013 - 2:30 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
I did play a game yesterday and admit I overlooked the scouts power...

Here's potential changes I could make tonight (please comment):
  • Frankish 12 hp/2 ap every 10 seconds... from 10 hp/2 ap every 11 secs (frankish still isn't purchased and instead people opt for mordred/khan)
  • Theo 6 hp, 4 ap ... from 5 hp, 4 ap (theo still isn't that great compared to william)
  • Scout 3 kings, +13k hp, 40 ap... from +17k hp, 100 ap (he shouldn't have enough ap to one shot robin anymore but I'll double check that)
  • Beli +110 hp ... from +100 hp (people aren't really buying him anymore)

Potential changes:
  • Robin every 3 seconds from 4 (would help against scout)
  • Ship at 6 kings.

Mini/super harald is fine for sure. He only gets +500 hp/150 ap boost from 2011. The issue is more of people being able to boat easier. As long as someone is guarding too and as long as the harald aren't like 1k hp they have a high chance to live.

I need to be convinced more of the potential changes... please discuss them with me. I could see doing the ship one more than robin though because that may screw up balance between civs too much... but then again the scout screws robin.

I g2g for now. Please comment.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Carnage

Edited 23 November 2013 - 11:54 pm by Carnage
I would leave robins spawn the way it is. Scouts need to be underpowered

http://www.voobly.com/match/view/9591028 ( i won game with scouts, they rape khans too lol )

and another thing those power up units like beli, wiliam, theo, should get some adventage, because, mini haralds get huge boost and they are very good to defend, specialy theos since they are very slow, i remember wining game with 3 haralds vs full theos, they were eating them lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:23 am
Carnage wrote:
I would leave robins spawn the way it is. Scouts need to be underpowered

http://www.voobly.com/match/view/9591028 ( i won game with scouts, they rape khans too lol )

and another thing those power up units like beli, wiliam, theo, should get some adventage, because, mini haralds get huge boost and they are very good to defend, specialy theos since they are very slow, i remember wining game with 3 haralds vs full theos, they were eating them lol

Even in the days of 2011 super harald could be used as defense. It wasn't until I buffed him slightly that people utilized him more though.

I won't buff William but I will buff Beli and Theo more... just slight buffs. In addition I'll adjust tamerlane on the super store slightly too.

I'll explain more in the update.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 25 November 2013 - 4:22 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
I decided against changing mini/super harald, the transport/wall removal price, and doing anything to tamerlane. Plenty of strats exist for dealing with a camping person against super units. Granted they have an opporunity to boat you using the haralds they're defending with while you're attacking but... one good way to kill someone when they're camping like that is to buy tamerlane from the super store and/or a harald and use the harald to guard your base with some beli/william/theo. The tamerlane I typically used to kill people campers with but nowadays I'd say split them up and guard your base after they're fairly powerful. Just remember the people that you defended against probably weren't patient enough. The longer they wait the stronger those units get... Beli is much harder to win with though. In addition this is why I left the ship and wall removal where they're at... to help against campers.

Just so you know too. If you did that partially built gate crap against me I'd probably report you. That's abusing a map exploit. There's no way to fix it but if there were I'd certainly do so. Sorry for the tone but yeah... If you'd like a non-cheap way there's a reason I only did the perimeter of the base for removal. Just build more than one layer of wall/gate so you at least have some time to react.

RCB Update

When adding advanced stats to RCB please use this version. I would've added the advanced stats for you if I knew how but I don't.
Changes:
  • Frankish 13 hp/2 ap every 10 seconds... from 10 hp/2 ap every 11 secs (frankish still isn't purchased and instead people opt for mordred/khan)
  • Theo 6 hp, 4 ap ... from 5 hp, 4 ap (theo still isn't that great compared to william)
  • Scout 3 kings, +13k hp, 40 ap... from +17k hp, 100 ap
  • Beli +110 hp ... from +100 hp (people aren't really buying him anymore, minor buff)

Potential bug fix:
  • Added a haystack near respawn island ... haven't seen it exploited but it may have been possible to based on the previous fix related to it. That is, using a ship to potentially land a unit across one layer of haystacks => added one haystack to create a layer of at least two all around the island.

Rest of the map is fairly solid and as perfect as I believe I'll get it but I've been wrong before. I wish I noticed/someone else would've pointed out before the scouts strength against weaker units (i.e. charlemagne and robin). He's now been nerfed though but still effective with the use of friar tuck's bonus healing... just going to have to hit and run with him.

I hope this is the last update. I'll check the forums still in case anything pops up.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Carnage

Posted 24 November 2013 - 3:21 pm
I'd give franklish paladin eaven more adventage maybe 9 secs or something like that, because you will take him only if you decided to camp all game or you have some very good civ, because khan is very very good, and modreds are also superb vs archers, but also as shield ect ect
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 25 November 2013 - 2:54 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Carnage wrote:
I'd give franklish paladin eaven more adventage maybe 9 secs or something like that, because you will take him only if you decided to camp all game or you have some very good civ, because khan is very very good, and modreds are also superb vs archers, but also as shield ect ect

I gave him over 1k hp after an hour of powering up... no matter what chances are someone will kill the unit and no one will buy it still. I don't want him to be so OP'ed that you can just sneak him in at 30 minutes when no one expects it though. That'd detract too much from traditional play and what I'm aiming for.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]
Displaying 31 - 40 out of 40 posts