RCB Gold 2013 F4

MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 12 July 2013 - 9:02 pm
Yeah, I also did a couple other things to account for lag situations but I believe and logic tells me it's set up in perfect working order.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 17 July 2013 - 1:08 pm
Good work Weapon, I hope it gets rated soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_SaVaGe

Posted 17 July 2013 - 1:19 pm
looks good from what I can tell but ill have to play it
Link | Reply | Quote
 RcbTommy

Posted 18 July 2013 - 3:26 pm
I dont know why rcb 2011 needed a new version except for fix crash, but you also changed gameplay...

I will play it maybe gameplay will be better than in 2011, we ll see...

Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 19 July 2013 - 9:25 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
RcbTommy wrote:
I dont know why rcb 2011 needed a new version except for fix crash, but you also changed gameplay...

I will play it maybe gameplay will be better than in 2011, we ll see...

There's more info in the first post about that but I'll respond a bit here though: It should be noted gameplay truly hasn't changed much. Beginning still a lot of macro and select from paladins/archers (although you must wait now before killing a player's bombard until 90 secs). All buys on the top store are the same except the addition of archers of the eyes and some units are buffed. Skirm two kings again on super store and some other super store units buffed a little so they're more useful/more strategies in the game.

Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 21 July 2013 - 9:03 pm
Seems a lot of people have downloaded it on steam (current subscriber #): [You must login to view link]

Not sure if people are playing it on there though since I play on Voobly. Bit disappointed that there hasn't been a response on the map yet, especially since it seemed like there was support in the past, via a post here or a message from someone. If it won't be rated then that's that even though I disagree for reasons listed in the first post and the map has had support in the past and I see no harm in having both this map and 2011 rated then letting the players decide. I've listened to feedback... I explain this in the first post here.

Anywho, I was going to take a break from AoC a couple months ago but decided to get this done instead. Now I'm going to take that break. Hopefully it's rated in a couple months when I'm able to come back and play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CooLesT

Posted 21 July 2013 - 9:15 pm
Seems to work fine! Also i really like the bottom store style! Btw the game play will stay more or less the same as 2011! ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 22 July 2013 - 4:21 am
I wonder, do any mods read this? It would be nice to have some sort of response to when it will be rated.
I can never understand how it always has to take so long and why theres little to no response.
Is there some sort of difficult decision? I cant figure out any problem whatsoever with having both maps rated. or is it difficult to make it rated? I would have guessed it takes 10 mins to transfer names of maps or files or whatever is needed.
just want to understand whats up with it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BalaaM_]CaNeK

Posted 26 July 2013 - 4:28 am
This map would be added ASAP

:)
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 1 August 2013 - 3:50 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Now Rated, Scenario Download:

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]ChironAge

Posted 3 August 2013 - 4:40 am
;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 3 August 2013 - 6:52 am
;yahoo

I wouldn't celebrate yet. Not many people helped me test it. Didn't realize how strong uber paladins (mordred) would be against lower units. I'm probably going to wait a month or so to see if there are any more things to change then make them +650 hp with a spawn delay instead of +1000 hp and instant spawn.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 7 August 2013 - 12:49 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Bugs Fixed:
  • View Exploit triggers weren't programmed quite right. Also, all players now can't build the arrangement of towers + palisade in the front portion of their base without the wall getting removed. All players can still build palisade wall along the perimeter of their base though.
  • Blocking triggers were still active after a player was defeated. Disabled them.
Things Changed:
  • Uber Mordred/Paladins were too damn strong. Weakened them to +350 hp, + 30 ap instead of +1000 hp, +35 ap (570 hp, 30 ap instead of 1240 hp, 50 ap). I blame this oversight on lack of testing... I was the only one that purchased them while initially testing and never really had them used against me to see how OP'ed they were. A map is never truly tested imo until it's rated.
  • Gave Mongols one more king (3 total).
  • Gave Byz slightly more bombard hp at 140 seconds in mid to compensate for giving them three kings at start. They need three kings though... they beat all infantry civs in the beginning and a lot of other civs by just going instant imperial.
  • Minor design change in bases.
  • Added respawnable Khan back in to be selected at the beginning.

Now Rated:

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 10 August 2013 - 8:29 am
:D It seems really good. lessening of freezing is very convenient.
thanks for updating it so fast. best moderation of the map pack- plus the map itself- since I can remember.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:01 am
There's another bug that someone messaged me about and I confirmed:

Don't purchase the remove wall/gate buy on the super store. It currently only works for p1. It needs to be fixed. I believe all that needs to be done is changing the beginning condition from p1 to p2, p3... etc for the other players.

I can't fix it myself. I no longer have the game installed and only confirmed with AOKTS. I could've fixed it with that too I suppose but I'd be unable to truly tell if the areas were correct without going into the editor. Someone please fix this when they get a chance. Otherwise, no other known bugs that I know of and overall since RCB 2011 still has 8-9 bugs that are fixed in 2013, and of course coupled with the map, anti-freeze, and other trigger redesign things, 2013 should be the only rated map.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 40 posts