Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age Of Mythology > Bug fix patch as main version for AoT

Bug fix patch as main version for AoT

Poll: Would you want this patch to be the preferred version on voobly?
No
Yes
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 6 January 2014 - 9:06 pm
Removed the Thor armory tech and Gaia tree changes, as they received heavy disagreements.

The remaining changes should be ones that can be agreed on by everyone for real now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rising_Wild_

Posted 6 January 2014 - 11:40 pm
[PK]kye wrote:
Undermine now works on mirror towers
disagree, mirror towers are special buildings, like sky passages and underworlds - i think if you do actually go ahead and allow it to work on mirror towers, it should do limited damage to said buildings

Walking woods now is castable on gaia trees
i think divine forests should not be tinkered with, especially since forest fire already works on it, gaia would be useless if an odin player 6 minute fast heroic's and eliminates any forest defense that she might have, then add 7-8 myth units which she is completely useless against - if you allow this, please boost gaia's automons (cheaper in favor, stronger in health, armour, and attack) and regeneration building rate

The Satyr`s accurate attack no longer misses targets due to spread javelins
definitely increase their tracking rate and accuracy

Caribous of Set now convert nearby herdables
?

Fixed a bug regarding fire siphons being unable to hit gates on higher/lower ground from their maximal range
agree, they hit on an upwards angle and can't hit gates and sometimes in between buildings; glitch

Thor`s special armory technologies now affect ships and buildings
disagree, it's special upgrades for human units, it should affect ships, not buildings

Certain set animals can't gather herdables (e.g sheep, cows, goats).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PureDM]c_A_o

Posted 6 January 2014 - 11:45 pm
I totally agree on the implementation of bug fixes.

As Naka says, the idea is that the community say in what changes they agree or not. Which need to fix, and which are not... It's not complicated, since it is only to repair bugs and not to change the whole game... AOT is a game that is not completely finished, and need this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Edited 7 January 2014 - 1:53 am by LNC_GoldenAxe
Naka said: "Because with every questionable change the number of no votes will increase, which is something that is already getting dangerous."

This means that the only thing Naka cares about is having us accept his patch, even if he doesn't agree with it as long as we accept his work. This community needs to understand that Naka doesn't care about Voobly, AoT, he doesn't even play this game. Awhile ago he actually forced his Paw to quit this game and told her not to waste time here.

Does anyone know why Naka bothers wasting time here? well, he only wants us to accept his patches so that perhaps Microsoft would notice him or by adding it to his resume and helping his career. I don't have a problem with this and would be the first to support him if it helped the community but his patches don't. In fact I'm supporting WarriorMario for working on his AoT Expansion but I wouldn't support absurd patches that Naka puts together, we've been playing this game for years now, I mean just look at what he did to the DM community.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 7 January 2014 - 1:12 am
Seriously what?
I said that I`ll take out questionable fixes because they do more harm by causing disagreements as opposed to positive things through the fixes themselves.
I don`t care about this game? You have got to be joking, the sole reason I accepted the game advisor and later the mod position is because I want what`s best for the game - you do not have to agree with the means of mine though, obviously.

I`ll just not respond to the rest of the post, as you don`t know me, you don`t know my girlfriend, you don`t know about my intentions.

Quit taking it to a level of personal insults, you just lose your credibility.
Link | Reply | Quote
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Edited 7 January 2014 - 1:47 am by LNC_GoldenAxe
I know Paw, I played many games with her, she played this game for years and you told her not to waste time in this game in "public forums" hence it's not personal.

People who voted need to know, why people like Naka and WarriorMario makes patches for this game when both of them don't even play the game and I explained that above. The community as to be smart and reject what doesn't benefit the us and support what would beneft the community.

Naka, I would support you if you decided to make a new civ but I wouldn't allow you to screw around with a game that we've played for the past 10yrs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 7 January 2014 - 1:51 am
She quit because she wanted to, not because I said anything. Just so that you know, she was frowning at you mentioning that you played with her a lot and simply said "nope".

People also need to know that Goldenaxe has about 70 rated games whereas I have more than ten times as much: http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123286025/Ratings
http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123511382/Ratings

Now you truly see about who does and who does not play the game.

If you want to continue playing with bugs, then be cool about it and vote no. No reason to make up lies and make yourself look like a practical joke - I`m starting to feel sorry for you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Posted 7 January 2014 - 2:00 am
lol another great point by Naka, even better then posting the irrelevant convo we had, been playing since 2006 and only have 70 rated games, very good point! -_-
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]Fox__

Posted 7 January 2014 - 4:57 am
Traitor now affects Caribous of Set.

This made me lol

But seriously, there's nothing wrong with the bug fixes, and it would be cool to have new maps in the random set. Stop giving Naka so much **** for no reason.
Link | Reply | Quote
 pffffffffttt

Posted 7 January 2014 - 11:45 am
No patch please.

A few of the "bugs" you mention aren't really bugs, but are there for a reason.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ Undead ]jiggunjer

Posted 7 January 2014 - 4:52 pm
No patch please.

A few of the "bugs" you mention aren't really bugs, but are there for a reason.

Could you be more explicit please?
Link | Reply | Quote
 LNC_GoldenAxe

Posted 8 January 2014 - 12:46 am
Could you be more explicit please?

What makes you think you would even understand?

You can't even see Naka's mistakes, were Kye caught them.
Link | Reply | Quote
 IamSebi_

Posted 8 January 2014 - 10:52 am
random words throwing in
Link | Reply | Quote
 IamSebi_

Posted 8 January 2014 - 10:54 am
i voted No, because i know the game and i know advantageses and disadvanteges of the gods, when the patch comes i had to learn it again and everyone is too lazy for it ;grin ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DoD]_Nakamura

Posted 8 January 2014 - 2:21 pm
That would make little sense seeing as the patch fixes bugs and not balance.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 34 posts