Community Forums > Voobly General > Strategy Guides > Gwarz - Beginners Guide

Gwarz - Beginners Guide

[MM]Gallas

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:42 pm
You must login into Voobly to view image

Contents:

Basics

Press the idle villagers button to find this area at the left corner. Here you can forage food that will help you advance to the next age.

This makes militia spawn in your base. Later you will be taking this guy off the ice and putting other units there so your army can grow more powerful!

Knowing where each player is on the map is helpful.
Keeping some units in the ice on the middle is very important.

Use your resources to get better technology and units so you can defeat your enemies. All civs can research the same things except for unique technology.

Dark Age

• Set your villager to gather from berry bush
  • Send your militia to fight and send some to middle for tribute
  • Use your heroes to get kills so you can research feudal age soon
  • While you are going to feudal age buy 500 food at market (hold shift key to buy 500 in one click)

Feudal Age

• Research castle age first
  • Make either scout cavalry from stable or archer from archery range
  • Research the upgrades for your unit at blacksmith and/or stable
  • When you are nearly castle age you might need to buy resources so you can go to imperial age fast

Castle Age

• Research imperial age as soon as possible
  • Make a knight or research crossbowman or make your unique unit
  • Research treadmill crane at the university
  • Get upgrades for the unit you are using

Imperial Age

• Research chemistry at the university
  • Research bombard tower at university
  • Research all archer range technology at blacksmith for your bombard towers
  • Research the upgrades for your most powerful unit
  • Research cavalier upgrade, even if you are not using knights.
  • Research Paladins
  • Research all other useful technologies when you have the resources

Imperial Gameplay

When you make it to the imperial age this is where the real battle begins. You will need to build bombard towers to defend yourself from attack as well as allow you to push forward against the enemy. If you are ahead of your nearest enemy you can build your towers closer to his base so you can get more kills. If he has already built towers you must build them further away so that he won't get easy razes while you are weak. It only takes ten razes to get a harald hardraade so try to get razes if you can. Paladins are the best option for most civs. You should also try to kill enemy villagers so he is slowed down in building out. In the final section there is a list of rewards for kills and razes that will help you learn this part of the game.

Kill and Raze List

Both kills and razes will give you rewards.
You will get resources, villagers and extra tower hp for both.
You will get the final tier heroes for both.
  • 1000 Kills - Gawain, a cavalier hero.
  • 1100 Kills - Robin Hood, a longbow hero.
  • 1200 Kills - Theodoric the Goth, a huskarl hero.
  • 1300 Kills - Atilla the Hun, A cataphract hero.
  • 1400 Kills - Charles Martel, A throwing axeman hero.
  • 1500 Kills - Genghis Khan, a magnudai hero.
  • 2000 Kills - Furious the Monkey Boy, a monkey that is furious.
  • 2500 Kills - Sabotuer, a blow things up hero.
  • 10 Razes - Harald Hardraade, a berserk that throws axes hero.
  • 20 Razes - Genghis Khan, you know who he is by now!
  • 30 Razes - Furious the Monkey Boy, a boy monkey.
  • 40 Razes - Sabotuer, kill them all.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ZOET

Edited 6 February 2015 - 5:22 am by ZOET
Btw gallas I put fruit bush there back msn zone days.. it was a edited version. it was used for advance for next age. So it should be removed.. because vills are not getting food fast.. People using it for razes...
Link | Reply | Quote
 SeriousMan

Edited 8 January 2016 - 5:44 pm by SeriousMan
I made this and Gallas reposted it here. The Colours and middle have been edited in more recent map updates.
  • P8 is now orange, used to be cyan/teal
  • P5 is now cyan/teal, used to be orange
  • The middle has changed aesthetically but has the same triggers

The berry area is a big part of the strategy in team game gwarz and won't be removed lol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 bukayosaka

Posted 3 June 2016 - 2:12 am
[You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
 Avenger_xR

Posted 11 June 2016 - 1:31 am
Doesn't look like a strategy to me, looks more like an example of free razings.
Prefer the older original version with siege at least and also have tower ap.

I would personally never make archer or scouts in feudal, especially the fact that scouts for some reason are in "no attack stance" nor an archer because it wastes ur resources... I would rather upgrade to M@A and search infantry techs.. From feudal age, u should start upgrading ur cavalry from blacksmith and also archer range.

Link | Reply | Quote
 bukayosaka

Posted 11 June 2016 - 1:03 pm
Avenger_xR wrote:
Doesn't look like a strategy to me, looks more like an example of free razings.
Prefer the older original version with siege at least and also have tower ap.

I would personally never make archer or scouts in feudal, especially the fact that scouts for some reason are in "no attack stance" nor an archer because it wastes ur resources... I would rather upgrade to M@A and search infantry techs.. From feudal age, u should start upgrading ur cavalry from blacksmith and also archer range.

The mills aren't free razings. Every player should have the capacity to build a watch tower by the time the bush is down. If every player builds a tower and targets them it will take until imp stage for the razings to come into play. In a 4v4 you can get 8 razes from winning the tower battle which could swing a losing game back in your favour.

Scouts are no attack starting in dark age only. Yes you can go man at arms but they will be shredded by archers. You could go skirmishers or spears if you wanted and it might work out. If I had a lot of spare resources I'd make all of them and use each counter.

Experts all tend to go Scout (bloodlines first) and archers, in team games one will play meat shield for the other.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Rentable_Dwarf

Posted 4 April 2020 - 9:34 am
Old thread, but one of my favorite maps so I'll add some things:
Avenger_xR wrote:
I would personally never make archer or scouts in feudal...nor an archer because it wastes ur resources... I would rather upgrade to M@A and search infantry techs.. From feudal age, u should start upgrading ur cavalry from blacksmith and also archer range.

M@A upgrade should happen regardless because you don't want 40 militia out on the battlefield when your opponent has feudal age units. But beyond that, it's generally good to switch to scouts/archers asap, with archers being preferred. Full archers is generally better, but you want a scout ready in case they try to counter with skirms. Resources shouldn't be a problem in terms of making units. If you've kept a unit in middle all game you can easily afford whatever unit you want.

I would not recommend upgrading cavalry in feudal age (from Blacksmith) because archers, and then xbows, are going to be your main source of damage going into castle age. Similar to the M@A upgrade, you want your archers on the battlefield to be upgraded to xbows asap when you hit feudal. Bloodlines is fine to get if you have food to spare, but generally going straight for teutonic knights in castle age (assuming everyone chose the same, standard civ) will outperform knights. As such, it's generally better to only get infantry/archer upgrades early game. Personally, I will usually get infantry armor first thing when hitting feudal (to tank archers better) and then fletching to get extra range and damage. Some players go full archer upgrades first. But you want to swap off men at arms as soon as you get a new unit out. I might occasionally get forging first if I expect to be using scouts quickly or to press the advantage with men at arms (you can overwhelm militia with extra dmg) - in the instance I hit feudal a lot faster.

Elite Teuts also beat cavalry in one on ones, but I'll generally transition into full melee dmg upgrades over max infantry armor so I can get ready to get paladins out. Only real reason why knights/cavs might be preferred sometimes is because they're a lot faster and can snipe vils and harass archer backline.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 5 April 2020 - 12:13 am
Almost nobody plays Teutons these days. Team random.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _IYIastA_

Posted 18 May 2020 - 8:13 pm
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/324108

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts