Pollution of INTER ladder

egjada

Posted 30 June 2015 - 6:24 pm
There is also another problem. I am talking of the perspective of the players the thread creator is annoyed of (bad english ^^). I am a 13xx player in RM - Beginner. This means I can boom (as he said) more or less good. This results in that rating. It doen't mean that I am able to rush or defend a rush that good. Now I am forced to play "New Intermediate" because I have another account. Due to voobly I can't play "RM - Beginner" anymore and improve my ara/GA-skills (=rush) and still have fun in the game.

I understand what the creator of the threat means. But it is also difficult to find a room with equal players in "New Intermediate". After contacting a moderator I got the answer I wouldn't understand what "RM - beginner"- ladder means. Newbies, Rookies and bad players shall not play "RM - Beginner". So why is there the rule with 1400+ is not allowed to play beginner? Why can't we create a rule with 400 matches+ is not allowed to play beginner? And for those who aren't able to improve their skill or who dont want to we create a new lobby or something.

Subsequently:
Where should I play? I mostly get kicked in inter BF games because of my rating and trying to improve my rating in 1v1 (e.g. arena) fails cause im too bad. As a result I do not have anymore fun in playing on voobly. It is also frustrating and usually doesnt make any fun. (I can understand the 1400+ rule. But I didn't know that (i think this is so called smurfing!??) with another account with 1280 when main account is 1320 leads to an ban of the beginner ladder.)
Maybe you don'T understand what I mean^^ Then just ignore it. :P
Dorne
Link | Reply | Quote
 El__Baron

Posted 1 July 2015 - 5:41 am
If you 'fail to improve' your rate that means your rate is accurate for now. It wwill get better as you get better.

So why do you want to play in games above your skill level? I played with this guy in inter bf 4v4 last night and hes running his villagers to rebuild behind his allies before 30 minutes game time. Imp for him at 1 hour. I spectate next game and exact same thing happens to him. Why are players like this determined to play in these games that are clearly above their skill level? It doesnt look any more fun for him than it does for the team who is now 3v4 against a team who also now have all the extra res from that guys base.

There are inter games that are 1450, 1500+ and there are inter games with plenty of low 14s and 13s in it, just go play in the latter or host your own if you cant play npl. There is a good reason people kick for having too low a rate
Link | Reply | Quote
 Your_momma

Posted 1 July 2015 - 11:55 am
egjada wrote:
Where should I play? I mostly get kicked in inter BF games because of my rating and trying to improve my rating in 1v1 (e.g. arena) fails cause im too bad.

I dont see why you are forced to play inter as 13xx? Just play in beginner BF games until you hit 14x. Or play in those Inter games where only 13xx-14xx players are playing. All it takes is a good host. I think that is the problem of the topic: bad hosting which results in inter games with very different skill levels.

And if you want to improve, I simply suggest improving hotkeys, scroll speed and learn all the text book build orders (knights, mush, c-dropping, flushing, drushing, etc.) and just practice them with a smurf or something whenever you are flank or pocket in an open map. Along mastering them your boom will get stronger and faster and you will learn how to spot the rushes before they happen and how to properly defend against all of them. This should get you to 14+ in a couple of weeks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [NoRespec]PhilippeleBon

Posted 1 July 2015 - 2:09 pm
Be proud to be noobs guys. There is no problem playing BF on MS if you're not very good (Intermediate), unless you are in Memb's team
Link | Reply | Quote
 egjada

Posted 1 July 2015 - 2:34 pm
@your_momma:
I cant play beginner. As I said I have another acc. with 1280. This one has 1320. According to voobly it is:
1280-1200 = 80
1320-1200 = 120
1200 + 80 + 120 = 1400 --> no Beginner.

@philippelebon:
I dont understand what u mean. Shall I change from NPL to MS? Is it easier to play there (I am sure that this is not so.)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Myla_Kunys

Posted 1 July 2015 - 5:52 pm
Only 3 people in that game were good enough to be in inter lol.

Also instead of flaming your teammates, why not help them. I'd leave too if my teammate was just screaming at me because I messed up my wall.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CLB]JUDAS

Edited 1 July 2015 - 8:34 pm by [CLB]JUDAS
NPL is good for people who are new to the game, or back after many years, but the rated games should be in only one place: MS, if you are 1100 then you are going to play with people with the same rating after losing several times, like it was all the time before these new rooms, I am 16+ in MS and I have to wait long time even to get an ara 1v1 game, wtf.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fallstar

Edited 1 July 2015 - 8:43 pm by Fallstar
Honestly the problem is probably that you are playing on the inter ladder and not on the main RM 1v1 and RM TG ladders.

The reason you can't transition to MS and play 1400 and 1500 BF games is that all the 1400 and 1500 players are still camping the new player lobby on the beginners ladder with hundreds of games played.

The success of the NPL is not defined by its size - it is defined by the number of players who successfully move on to the main lobby in their game type of choice; be it CS, RM or DM. By that standard the NPL is currently failing. There are no easy solutions unfortunately, beyond forcing people who want to keep camping beginners to move over. Which would not be a popular move I'm guessing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 egjada

Posted 2 July 2015 - 12:05 pm
Fallstart I agree with you. This is quite the real problem I think. I am not interested in Noob or Beginner Bashing. BUt you don't find many players with equal inter rating/skills playing in MS
Link | Reply | Quote
 Richard398

Posted 2 July 2015 - 6:58 pm
Intermediate ladder causes the problem here, too good for beginners, not good enough for MS (in a sufficient amount of cases)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Tuunbaq

Posted 2 July 2015 - 9:06 pm
Dorne: if you want we can team up for a few games! I'm inter ladder bf player, rating around 1500 :).

In my case: MS is for LN, Inter is for BF (just because LN players are in MS, BF players in Inter).
Link | Reply | Quote
 PinkyBoy

Posted 2 July 2015 - 9:18 pm
Get rid of New Inter ladder, increase beginner rate to 1500, decrease starting rate in MS to 1500. Problem solved. As it is too many prefer to be 1700 in NPL rather than 1500 in MS
Link | Reply | Quote
 FCKPOKERCRAPDAY

Edited 3 July 2015 - 12:25 am by FCKPOKERCRAPDAY
I agree with membl .. that should give the campers a little more time to be good enough for MS and MS should be more filled . NPL will be much more clean , will be what it was created for . Auto boot +1500 to MS
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Evil_Weasel

Posted 3 July 2015 - 10:25 am
The issue is, that most people think you shouldnt play in MS, when you're below 1600.
But thats just wrong, you're SUPPOSED to drop to 1400 or 1500, as the average should be 1600 and you are worse than average. Intermediate ladder makes wrong hopes and beliefs. Average rating in MS cant be 17+, thats just dumb.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Playerpro123

Posted 3 July 2015 - 4:42 pm
i'm losing my cool and shaking like the first time

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]4
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 49 posts