viper hotkeys problem

PennutoGruzzolo

Posted 28 January 2016 - 6:49 pm
How do i make them work? I installed the mod from voobly but when i start the game with the vips hotkey mod selected i find default hotkeys. Also if i try to paste the hki file on my aoe folder nothing changes .
Looks like he has same key to "go to xxxx" and for the Villager build
Example: pressing A ( not ctrl+a) with nothing selected u go to the archery range.
If u have a vill selected and press B, A u build an archery range.
It DOES NOT alloe me to use same hotkey for these 2 different things
But it let me use A to go to archery range if i have nothing selected and to change troops disposition if i have a troop selected. Im co fused
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 28 January 2016 - 9:20 pm by Cavin
Hi,
Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Technical Support Forums.

*First and most important thing you have to do - run your game (age2_x1.exe) file as an administrator -> under [You must login to view link] settings:
  1. For your Game directory file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1,
  2. Voobly gamedata patch files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aoc -&- C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata\aoc\userpatch.
By doing that will make all your settings / changes to be work continuously on every time you play your game (saves).

Secondly, for your Hotkeys -- On your game lobby -> Host a Game room and select Start at Single Player Menu (#KB1032) and Launch your game alone. next, go into game Options and delete your existing Profile name and recreate a new profile name and Exit (close) your game and restart again. then you will see your Hotkeys will work perfect!
Link | Reply | Quote
 PennutoGruzzolo

Posted 29 January 2016 - 3:02 pm
Ok thank you! I'll try this way
Link | Reply | Quote
 SirPoops

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:01 am
I've been trying to get the hotkeys fixed for days now. None of these intructions worked and nothing else I've tried has either.. Please help, I'm losing it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SirPoops

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:03 am
I've got everything running as admin. I've replaced the hki files with my own. I've deleted my profile. Why is this so hard?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Edited 30 January 2016 - 8:29 am by [MPU]Dettol
try this :
- go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly\gamedata
- delete "aoc" folder
- restart voobly
and then do as Cavin told you
Quote:
Secondly, for your Hotkeys -- On your game lobby -> Host a Game room and select Start at Single Player Menu (#KB1032) and Launch your game alone. next, go into game Options and delete your existing Profile name and recreate a new profile name and Exit (close) your game and restart again. then you will see your Hotkeys will work perfect!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts