AoC performance issues

+sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 12 December 2016 - 8:26 pm
Please disable NAT traversal and Anti cheat in your game room and test the game once.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TheJedi]Genette

Posted 12 December 2016 - 8:31 pm
Just to rule everything else (parameters) out: "Lobby Mfill", "Lobby NormalMouse", "Lobby NOSC", "Lobby Msync", "Lobby SystemMemory", (to verify:) "Lobby Mfill NormalMouse NOSC Msync SystemMemory"?
(these were parameters that have helped other players in the past - very rare cases tho)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BoRT]mfc_

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:29 am
You must login into Voobly to view image

combined with disabled NAT traversal, still same lag.

If I turn off anti-cheat, game refuses to start at single player mode even if i tick it and game wont run in multiplayer without a second human player. And I cannot find any at this moment.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TheJedi]Genette

Posted 13 December 2016 - 2:24 am
How about other games 2d/3d games by the way, modern ones past DX10 etc, too? Do they perform as they should on such a powerful system? I'm starting to suspect we're dealing with a driver/bios/hardware related issue here :S
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Edited 13 December 2016 - 2:31 am by ['RB']Dan
how about throwing your computer out of a window and getting a toaster instead
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TheJedi]Genette

Posted 13 December 2016 - 2:35 am
Shush, it's bed time for you anyway, son.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BoRT]mfc_

Posted 13 December 2016 - 2:59 am
How about other games 2d/3d games by the way, modern ones past DX10 etc, too? Do they perform as they should on such a powerful system? I'm starting to suspect we're dealing with a driver/bios/hardware related issue here :S

I didnt try another old 2d directx requiring game but tried some high end games just to see how they feel like, they run as they should. Thing is, aoe2 is one of the two games I play at all. the other being lf2. so, just for aoe2, I am now getting a second hand gt 630 card 11

I know that my laptop had gt630m and it was running perfectly, seemed like the only way out.
UserNotFound wrote:
Response By Email (Josh) (12/12/2016 04:36 PM)
Hi,

Unfortunately when it comes to games this old, and require user made patches our support for the title is generally end of life along with the title itself.

The only thing I could recommend as an easier way to get this fix would be to get the HD release that they put out a few years back that has better support for current hardware.

[You must login to view link]

Josh
NVCC

I already have hd and it sucks. It definitely is a driver issue with nvidia deprecating directdraw support for their newer cards from what I observed. [You must login to view link]

Well, thanks for the help anyways, I will write a finish up after trying the gt630 card.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TheJedi]Genette

Posted 13 December 2016 - 9:55 am
well, you're the 2nd person with an nvidia titan x who has "inexplicable" performance issues now. Definitely worth exploring on behalf of other players, too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BoRT]mfc_

Posted 13 December 2016 - 4:07 pm
well, you're the 2nd person with an nvidia titan x who has "inexplicable" performance issues now. Definitely worth exploring on behalf of other players, too.
Am I? At least now I know it definitely was about the card.
I can keep trying out the solutions you might throw at, I'm always here.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fabby

Posted 13 December 2016 - 4:50 pm
Hi,
May I suggest you try adaptive vsync in the nvidia settings
Make a custom rule for the game in nvidia control panel and enable active vsync if it hasn't already been enabled but test it without those compatibility settings you are using.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TheJedi]Genette

Posted 13 December 2016 - 6:38 pm
also, please check your PMs, mfc_ Sent you a suggestion which shouldn't give others ideas.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BoRT]mfc_

Posted 13 December 2016 - 7:35 pm
Fabby wrote:
Hi,
May I suggest you try adaptive vsync in the nvidia settings
Make a custom rule for the game in nvidia control panel and enable active vsync if it hasn't already been enabled but test it without those compatibility settings you are using.
You must login into Voobly to view image

Tried it on an exe that didn't have the compatibility settings and window mode option enabled. It still has the same low framerate.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 21 December 2016 - 9:42 pm
Hey mfc_,

1. Download this [You must login to view link] tool and, run as administrator*.
    a. Open [You must login to view link]: select the "Age of Empires II HD" under [You must login to view link] dropdown list menu.
    b. Next, click [You must login to view link]: In open dialog box > browse and locate your game executable file from the directory (by default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\7q9jhferk7j504stv5hbubtk02s4yufv age2_x1.exe).
    c. After that, click [You must login to view link].
    d. Now, scroll down and go to Unknown settings and set [You must login to view link] to 0x00004000(League of Legends).
    e. Again, scroll up and go to Sync and Refresh and set [You must login to view link] to 60 fps.
    f. Finally, give [You must login to view link].

Note: You can also add your Steam HD version excutable file(AoK HD.exe) to this profile if you want.

2. Another thing, open your NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D settings: select the feature Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration and set to "Single display performance mode" and Apply.

By doing this major tweak, your game FPS rate will improve significantly, and also you can eliminate lag spikes.

Hope this helps; If you have any questions, lemme know.
Cheers! qob5ehgc48gqgnz4csg6trqok55rxvkd
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BoRT]mfc_

Posted 26 January 2017 - 5:22 pm
Thanks Cavin.
But I solved this in some other way.
Plugged the Titan X to a different PCI-E slot on motherboard and nonsensically it started working like a normal AoE2 should.

The reason to change pcie slot was to plug in the gt630 card i bought just for aoe2. plugged monitor to gt630, it worked well, plugged monitor to titan x, it worked again.

This whole thing is so stupid and I hope this helps someone in future.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 28 January 2017 - 2:08 am
Oh okay mate. Glad finally your issue has been fixed and thanks for sharing the resolution method.
Happy gaming! :)

[ Thread Closed. ]

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 30 posts