Input lag and weird mouse movement on AOE 2

kiicki

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:48 am
When playing Age of empires 2 on Voobly online against real players or even AL, I get input lag and what seems to me, low FPS mouse movement. When I click on a villager for example and make him go to a place, the red X appears pretty much right after which is good, but the villager takes 1-2 seconds to react.

All actions are delayed but gets better over time I guess. It's never perfect and I can't get used to it as it is way too weird. The mouse movement feels also weird, like low FPS. I feel like I'm playing the game in a virtual machine or something. It's really not enjoyable at all.

The input delay and the mouse movement is not an issue when playing single player mode in Voobly. Only when playing online but it happens also when I only play AL. I should mention that I play on wireless but this is not an issue on the HD version at all. I have run both diagnostic tools on Voobly and they booth seems fine. I have also done the recommended settings on Voobly.

On HD, everything works fine. No input lag there what so ever, but I guess HD has worst connection as in interrupted connection. Which is a given since HD version is bad at it. Voobly has a better connection than HD but Voobly has a input lag where HD doesn't. Yes, there is a difference between input lag and interrupted bad connection.

I rather play HD where the connection may drop compared to Voobly where I always have this input lag and weird mouse movement. The other con is that HD doesn't have that many or good players and that is the reason why I want to play Voobly but no luck there as I can't stand the input lag and weird mouse movement.

Couple of months ago I had the original game and played with Voobly but the issue was still the same so at the moment I run HD with the patch.

The problem is the same with my friends and they prefer playing HD on lan because they also noticed the weird input lag on Voobly and they refused to play it which I agree on. HD can actually provide LAN support where Voobly is always multiplayer as the gameplay needs to go up to their server, even at "LAN"

So now, I'm really not sure what to do. Is Voobly really sensitive with wireless connection? Could that be a reason for why my mouse movement is also weird as non of these issues occurs when playing single player mode on Voobly.

I'm on Windows 10 btw but had the same issue with windows 7.
I have an i7 2630QM and GTX 560M. Drivers are all up to date and I have tried running Voobly and AOE with my graphics card and intern graphics. Nothing worked.

Maybe this is just how it is, but long time Voobly players are just used to it. Dunno, but HD version is far more tempting even with their bad connection. At least they don't have input lag all the time and weird mouse movement. The mouse movement really does feel like it shows low FPS. Like the game is actually lagging or something.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dayport

Posted 14 December 2016 - 6:33 pm
I have exactly the same problems. There's clearly something wrong with aoe 2 on voobly since so many people are asking for help on similar issues.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 14 December 2016 - 8:14 pm
Hi kiicki
Try the following:

For General Game Lag:
Quote:
When I tab out, the program suffers a huge FPS loss and it will not go back. Uninstalling the Windows update KB3176938, seems to have fixed the issue!

Source: [You must login to view link]

For Input Lag and Mouse Delay:
Quote:
Disable DVR Capture in Xbox app. This fixes it :)
Search for Xbox
open settings on the left bottom
second tab is DVR capture.
Disable.
Voila!

Source: [You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts