Announcement Thread

Discuss recent changes:
  • Casual Ladder Removal
  • Random Ladder/League Removal
  • Addition of Alternative Ladder
  • Addition of Bloods Ladder
  • Addition of Smosh League

Discussion (possibilities) for more additions/changes:
  • Clans Ladder returning. Dependant upon Moderators being able to reset Clan Matches. Hopefully we can change this. (Reference Ladder)
  • Adding an RTD League. A lot of the polls that were done in the past included RTD as a possible League. Many times the League ended up being based on a Bloods League instead. Would like to do more Leagues based on Alternative-style maps in addition to Blood Leagues.
  • Adding a TD or LOTR League.
  • Map ideas for hosting one night events. What would you like to see hosted?

Side note: Be more open to new players. They help the lobby grow. Kicking new players because they messed up or aren't good really has to stop guys. Teach them so they can learn and be good one day :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DZ]ImVaibhav

Posted 23 February 2017 - 7:34 pm
Please Make AOC DOTA MAP

OFFICAL RATED MAP?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 23 February 2017 - 7:58 pm
mich wrote:
Side note: Be more open to new players. They help the lobby grow. Kicking new players because they messed up or aren't good really has to stop guys. Teach them so they can learn and be good one day :)

Kekked hard at this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Barsta

Posted 23 February 2017 - 8:01 pm
I'm waiting for primez and others to actually back up their talk here!
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 23 February 2017 - 8:02 pm
Please Make AOC DOTA MAP

OFFICAL RATED MAP?

I'm open as long as it's a FAIR map for all. Honestly, I've never played it.

There are many different versions. Which one is the newest one?
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/185928
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Edited 23 February 2017 - 8:10 pm by [dv8]OrangWuTang
Quote:
  • Random Ladder/League Removal
    Looks like a step that had to be made. Without a tournament designed around these maps nobody seems to play them. I personally think most of them are boring, too. The more complex ones like Pool or WoA are certainly fun but only with 6-8 players. The simple ones are too straight forward without any twists in terms of tactical opportunities and become boring really quick in my opinion.
  • Casual Ladder Removal
  • + Addition of Alternative Ladder
  • + Addition of Bloods Ladder
    Its fine, however from my point of view its basically splitting up the Casual ladder back into Bloods+Alternative. No idea if thats going to be good or bad, time will tell. Right now its basically just a ladder reset.
  • Addition of Smosh League
    Again Smosh? If I recall correctly then Lustful made it 2nd in a poll Dave made over a year ago. He even asked some of us to create variations of it so the league can be run as a map pack with different versions of lustful (Barry and me made some versions) but that never happened. First place was Europe or RTD I believe and those two had their leagues more than once. I would personaly be very happy seeing Lustful getting a league eventually, regardless of whether its just the original map or with variations.

Discussion (possibilities) for more additions/changes:
  • Clans Ladder returning. Dependant upon Moderators being able to reset Clan Matches. Hopefully we can change this. (Reference Ladder)
    Yes please. CS-Clans really brought a lot of competitiveness to CS when we had that Ladder. I admit most of the games were 2v2 Hero, but you can try to change that by only allowing a small map pack similar to random ladder but on a way smaller scale like I mentioned in the other topic and plenty of times before. I know the one map players will go ahead and just save maps like Smosh or Lustful so they dont have to play them but its worth a try imo.
  • Adding an RTD League. A lot of the polls that were done in the past included RTD as a possible League. Many times the League ended up being based on a Bloods League instead. Would like to do more Leagues based on Alternative-style maps in addition to Blood Leagues.
    RTD would be alright as long as its not another Europe league or Smosh/Vetz league but like I previousely said I would be more happy seeing something else like Lustful. No idea how the others see it but Im sure there are enough people who feel the same way.
  • Adding a TD or LOTR League.
    Even though I dont like either of them, I wouldnt mind having them since theyre kind of popular and usually dont have their own leagues.
  • Map ideas for hosting one night events. What would you like to see hosted?
    When it comes to tourneys in general I guess 1v1, 2v2 Cba/Hero and maybe RCB are the ones that are most promising even though we had many of them in the last months/years. CS has shrunk too much already to provide 3v3/4v4 tourneys with enough teams to be interesting, regardless of what map. And many other maps that were popular in the past probably wont even be able to provide many players for 1v1/2v2 tourneys.

Agreed
Link | Reply | Quote
 bukayosaka

Posted 23 February 2017 - 8:12 pm
Quote:
Again Smosh? If I recall correctly then Lustful made it 2nd in a poll Dave made over a year ago. He even asked some of us to create variations of it so the league can be run as a map pack with different versions of lustful (Barry and me made some versions) but that never happened. First place was Europe or RTD I believe and those two had their leagues more than once. I would personaly be very happy seeing Lustful getting a league eventually, regardless of whether its just the original map or with variations.

Smosh is a kick starter. The last smosh league was huge but it took far too long for it to be replaced and the activity perished.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 23 February 2017 - 8:13 pm
need smosh tournament now 11 today
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Posted 23 February 2017 - 8:14 pm
RTD and Smosh Ladder <3 <3 thank ya
Maybe a RTD Tourney with the ladder would be more amazing :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Edited 23 February 2017 - 8:18 pm by [dv8]OrangWuTang
bukayosaka wrote:
Smosh is a kick starter. The last smosh league was huge but it took far too long for it to be replaced and the activity perished.
Dont forget last Smosh league started during last TiW when people still played these maps.

//edit: Nevermind, that was the 2nd last one. We had already 2 smosh leagues within a year. Another 2 Europe leagues and a Vetz league. No idea if there were more but I hope we get something new soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 23 February 2017 - 8:21 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
mich wrote:
I'm open as long as it's a FAIR map for all. Honestly, I've never played it.

There are many different versions. Which one is the newest one?
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/185928

It has been rated for some time now, it was request before by other people aswell. Currently rated version is =V= AOC DOTA 2.02.scx. Though I do not know, if there is a newer version of it available.
Please Make AOC DOTA MAP

OFFICAL RATED MAP?

CS - Alternative is the ladder you are looking for.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 23 February 2017 - 8:20 pm
@ malte..

Idk how I forgot about my beloved lusties map ;cry
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 23 February 2017 - 9:18 pm by mich
It has been rated for some time now, it was request before by other people aswell. Currently rated version is =V= AOC DOTA 2.02.scx. Though I do not know, if there is a newer version of it available.

CS - Alternative is the ladder you are looking for.

Added to Alternative Ladder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 23 February 2017 - 8:28 pm
Dont forget last Smosh league started during last TiW when people still played these maps.

//edit: Nevermind, that was the 2nd last one. We had already 2 smosh leagues within a year. Another 2 Europe leagues and a Vetz league. No idea if there were more but I hope we get something new soon.

Ya, the smosh league was only added because imo it's one of the most popular bloods maps. It will be a long while before I add another Smosh/Vetz/Europe League. Although Europe might be permanently in the home of MS now?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 23 February 2017 - 8:30 pm
mich wrote:
Although Europe might be permanently in the home of MS now?
I know many will hate me for saying it but thats exactly where it belongs. :P

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2345678
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 117 posts