Game not found

ExpectoPatronum

Posted 30 July 2017 - 3:34 pm
Just got a new laptop, installed the game and game diagnostics looks good-

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires11'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires11\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires11\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires11\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 213504 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires11'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires11\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\age of empires11\language_x1.dll'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

But when i join a lobby it wants to download 1.4 patch but i am unable to download it as it says-
Could not find game installation directory -- please join a lobby and run game diagnostics
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 30 July 2017 - 3:46 pm by kitt
hi
log out of the game lobby/messenger. go here: http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/114/14-RC/Overview
click install and see.
you could also install manually from here i think: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 ExpectoPatronum

Posted 30 July 2017 - 3:49 pm
The first link open voobly client and it shows same message as i posted above.
downloaded from 2nd link but where should i put it? and i want to use mods like small trees aswell so would wanted the direct method to be fixed. btw im using windows 7 right now
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:32 pm
hi
forget other mods for the time being. click install and see what happens.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ExpectoPatronum

Posted 31 July 2017 - 6:02 am
The first link shows the same error- Could not find game installation directory -- please join a lobby and run game diagnostics

Downloaded and installed from the second link but when i join a lobby it shows same error that userpatch 1.4 not installed
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 31 July 2017 - 3:13 pm by kitt
hi
does the game run ok completely off of voobly?
is the install from the game cd's?
1.4 should install to here: C:\Program Files[86]\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Voobly Mods\AOC\Patches
found this:
Quote:
Open your %programfiles% and find your game directory and just rename the folder (something as you like) and then join your game lobby, Voobly Game Diagnostics Tool dialog box will pop-up and asks you to browse and locate your exact game directory path (executable file) location. so from that you can change and you're done.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts