AoE 2 HD : crash at start

[PanCs]dargas3120

Posted 3 August 2017 - 9:50 am
Hello, i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but my aoe2 HD crash at start. i tried reinstalling the game and verify files but it didnt help
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 3 August 2017 - 11:19 am
Assuming that you did purchase the game from steam and that you are trying to run the game offline, please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the game:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

If you did not purchase the game from Steam, you should do that first.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PanCs]dargas3120

Edited 3 August 2017 - 12:34 pm by [PanCs]dargas3120
I removed all the local files and reinstalled the game and reinstalled the patch to play on voobly, still not working.

I purchased the game on steam and I try to launch it on steam, but not "offline". Voobly still work perfectly though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 3 August 2017 - 1:41 pm
If the launch of normal Age2HD on Steam isn't working, you should have a look in the steam forums for it. There's a "Can't launch game FAQ" in the support section that should help you out. If it doesn't, post a thread on the steam forums, that's better than the Voobly forums since this is for Voobly games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PanCs]dargas3120

Posted 5 August 2017 - 1:43 am
Thanks for the advice, I rarely use steam forums. I quickly got an answer from a mod who fixed my issue. I think it was basically a visual c++ issue, you just need to have them all installed/updated and for me it is located here : D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Age2HD\_CommonRedist\vcredist
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 5 August 2017 - 8:35 am
Quote:
Step 9: Wait for the dependencies and updates to be installed.

It is a part of the clean install guide.

Issue resolved, thread closed.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts