Rise of Rome to The Conquerors cscenario converter

Fruitdispenser

Posted 10 September 2019 - 6:54 pm
Well, some of you have seen this question before, I suppose. If I'm asking here it's because I haven't found a solution...

So, you know some Rise of Rome scenarios can be opened with The Conquerors editor. However, this is not always the case.
I once found an utility that allowed you to convert Rise of Rome scenarios to The Conquerors scenarios so you could always open them in The Conquerors. The thing is, I can't seem to find it anymore and I have no idea what was the name of said utility. So, could any of you nice chaps give me a hand here?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:54 pm
aokTS may can help, but still have high chance it will crash on load.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fruitdispenser

Edited 16 September 2019 - 12:28 am by Fruitdispenser
[MM]Gallas wrote:
aokTS may can help, but still have high chance it will crash on load.
Yes, that was my first option, but it crashed before loading the map. What I'm doing now, actually, is something bothersome, but effective. I've found out that the issue* lies not with terrain, so I'm raw editing scenarios, copying tile data from one to another and then, open in The Conquerors, copy and paste into another scenario and then use AgeSCX to add trees. It's tiresome, but effective. In a few hours I can port a map from Rise of Rome to The Conquerors, but with that tool it was a matter of a few clicks.

The issue seems to lie with units, by the way.

Edit:
If anyone stumbles here in the future, I've finally found it, after YEARS searching for it. It's called GenieEdit and you can download it here
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 16 September 2019 - 8:30 am
This tool claims to be able to convert aoe1 scenarios to aoe2: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Fruitdispenser

Posted 16 September 2019 - 5:13 pm
It's the same link I posted. It works great, by the way. It doesn't convert patches of dirt or roads, but whatever.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 16 September 2019 - 6:32 pm
Wait, BF_Basse? THE real BF_Basse?! After so many years of inactivity?
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:28 pm
Haha, I just don't hang around Voobly that much. Most of my friends play on Steam :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 19 September 2019 - 6:19 pm
BF_Basse wrote:
Haha, I just don't hang around Voobly that much. Most of my friends play on Steam :)

Thanks for making king blood basse

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts