Disconecting from voobly randomly

Rosenrot__

Posted 19 January 2022 - 11:46 pm
When i log in in voobly after some 20 or 30 minutes I'm getting disconnected. No matter if I'm playing or if I'm not playing. The voobly simply gets disconnected. Another error that has been happening is that voobly simply closes while I play. When I'm not logged out, voobly closes.

I have already reinstalled my game and the voobly program, I opened all the ports that aoc uses in my modem/router (it is a humax hgb10r-02), including 16000 udp and 5000 udp. Nothing seems to work.

The only way I can get a stable connection is using the VPN windscribe. But it make the game lags. I really need help, I don't know what to do anymore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rosenrot__

Edited 20 January 2022 - 12:02 am by Rosenrot__
This is happenning
Attachments:
Sem ttulo.png (file size: 482.36 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 20 January 2022 - 9:18 am by +sunny@voobly
Hi there,

The error message you are seeing implies that you lost connection to the internet on your local computer because of which Voobly is unable to keep you online. This is not a Voobly issue.

Furthermore, I also noticed you are using windscribe VPN to connect. This could be a strong reason for your frequent disconnections. We do not recommend using VPN to connect to Voobly if you wish to have a smooth gaming experience.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rosenrot__

Edited 22 January 2022 - 1:12 am by Rosenrot__
Hello, friend. Thanks for answering me.

I think you didn't understand me well. I was not in the habit of using windscribe before, but only with it I can stay online without being disconnected.

The most curious thing is that I just don't lose connection when I have Windscribe on. It is the only way that i can play on voobly. When im not using windscribe, i get disconnected all the time. it's the opposite of what you said earlier.

I dont think that it is a problem with my internet, beucause when windscribe is on i dont get disconected. It is a voobly problem. If the problem was with my internet the windscribe would be disconnected too, but that's not what happens.

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 January 2022 - 2:25 pm
You have 2 common misconceptions that most people have.

1. Using a VPN will improve your connection.
2. Voobly is the cause of your disconnections.

A VPN does not make your connection stable. In fact, with the additional routing of data over another network, you tend to slow down rather adding to additional lag and higher latency. The only obvious reason why people do it is to get rid of the fast proxy warning. But it does not work that way. You are better off with port forwarding your NAT port to your computers local IP.

The game you are playing is a peer to peer game. So every player has to connect to every other player in your game room. As long as you have a stable and direct connection to every other player, you will have no problems whatsoever.

Start by getting rid of the VPN permanently and open your Voobly NAT port (default is UDP 16000). Good luck.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rosenrot__

Posted 27 January 2022 - 11:20 pm
Hello, I'm here to give you feedback.

I think my problem is fixed. I think that I hadn't opened the ports properly. I reopened all ports and to my surprise, I didn't get disconnected anymore.

I would like to tell you that I retired the windscribe and my games are not lagging anymore. I am very glad for playing normally again.

Thank you for helping me.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 January 2022 - 10:25 pm
You are welcome. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts