Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > You are killing Voobly with constant game/patch updates

You are killing Voobly with constant game/patch updates

freddynight

Edited 26 January 2022 - 5:35 pm by freddynight
Hello,

As much as updates are crucial to keep the game bug free and up to date, I personally feel that you are killing the user experience and every time I join voobly I get lots of downloads, the client freezes.. I just regret running voobly tbh. Let's be realistic for a moment, how many times do I have to update 700 mb of 1.6 community patch and other patches data mods? Do you not take into account that some users have metered internet? Or we simply don't want to download..

You'll say just cancel the download. I wish I can do that sooner, the client freezes forever leaving the download progress at 30% or more.

You can at least change the behavior of how voobly client works. When we join medieval siege lobby do not start downloads automatically. Wait for us to host a room which freezes forever btw only then update just the patch prescribed in the room settings.

Keep forcing users to download stuff they don't need or even use that will make them all happy and will come back to download more stuff they don't need again in the future.

Voobly, have you given up? Will we live a day to see voobly client not freeze while downloads are taking place or when we join the room for the first time?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 26 January 2022 - 8:44 pm by +pablo@voobly
We have recently released a client update that fixes a false positive detection under Windows 11.

Speaking of all the downloads you get, after entering the game lobby -- you should perhaps consider uninstalling some of the mods your have installed. And regarding our new Community Patch, why does this surprise you? It's under active development and it still isn't feature complete. We update it once a month. We also did a considerable effort in downsizing the mod: 250MB.

The mods cannot be updated in a game room, because this would freeze the UI as well. The issue that the UI is freezing will be fixed in release 2.3 along with many other things such as TLS support, newer browser engine and much more.
Link | Reply | Quote
 freddynight

Edited 26 January 2022 - 9:21 pm by freddynight
+chris@voobly wrote:
We have recently released a client update that fixes a false positive detection under Windows 11.

Speaking of all the downloads you get, after entering the game lobby -- you should perhaps consider uninstalling some of the mods your have installed. And regarding our new Community Patch, why does this surprise you? It's under active development and it still isn't feature complete. We update it once a month. We also did a considerable effort in downsizing the mod: 250MB.

The mods cannot be updated in a game room, because this would freeze the UI as well. The issue that the UI is freezing will be fixed in release 2.3 along with many other things such as TLS support, newer browser engine and much more.

Thank you! I'm really glad to hear the news such a relief. Please don't get more I have signed up for community patch tournament that goes to show my interest and appreciation to the community patch. It's the current state of voobly client that pushes my buttons, but now you sheered me up with that news. You could create an announcement about it I'm sure a lot of users will be happy to hear it.

Just on the side note, I'm not against updates it's just that UI freeze stops me from cancelling downloads it annoys the hell out of me every single time i join Voobly. Hoorey though for the TLS support and browser engine . I'd be happy to help with anything to show my genuine appreciation.

I could delete the mods but I use them all so I hope you understand my situation.

What matters now is voobly freeze will finally be fixed so Thank you for that we've all been waiting for that.
Attachments:
mymods.png (file size: 13.81 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 January 2022 - 9:19 pm
We will also be doing a public beta in February, before we can release the new Voobly Client 2.3.

Thank you for your understanding.
Link | Reply | Quote
 freddynight

Posted 26 January 2022 - 9:28 pm
Perfect! I promise to participate/debug and give daily feedback.

No! Honestly thank you for stepping up and making the change I appreciate you for it. As much as my post may have sounded biased or toxic I wouldn't have taken time to initiate it without a motive for the well being of Voobly and the community as a whole.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 January 2022 - 2:05 pm
Here we go: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/343091
Link | Reply | Quote
 freddynight

Posted 1 February 2022 - 3:10 pm
Thank you <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 x_ThE_pLaGue_x

Posted 1 February 2022 - 7:01 pm
the problem is once it downloads and the next day we load up voobly same download all over again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 1 March 2022 - 10:07 am
the problem is once it downloads and the next day we load up voobly same download all over again.
This problem is solved with the new client.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts