Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Random Map > 1.6 Community Patch Random Map Scripting

1.6 Community Patch Random Map Scripting

Limon_Bolivar

Edited 23 June 2023 - 5:33 pm by Limon_Bolivar
Hi. Learning to script random maps because i was tired of not having an Arena map with the consistencies of modern DE Arena (mostly all free food resources inside the walls, relics and neutral ores only in the outside field, no wolfs inside walls.) So i have a few questions about it.

Are there anything new to the RM generator in the community patch besides the changes already present on 1.5 UP? If there are new changes, where can i look at them? I've seen new functionalities in the RM generator added in AoE2 DE, are they also included in 1.6 CP?

Are there any guides or guidelines for 1.6 DE RM scripting? I would like to maybe contribute in the updating of current maps for 1.6, as some of the official maps seem kinda off with the current DE versions.

And also, I'm not able to find Arena and Nomad versions of 1.6 in the map packs. Are there any available, or are the old ones used to play?

Thanks in advance. Kudos to the developers of 1.6 CP. You've done a lot of work to add quality of life updates for those who can't afford a new PC.

EDIT: Typo.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 24 June 2023 - 12:40 am
Hi. As I told you in your profile, Arena and Nomad maps can be found in the Common section of the base mod.

As for the guides, the best one and most up to date is the following:
[You must login to view link]

There are no new functionalities created for the patch. The most I've developed are some ways to have fixed position maps:

If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to contact me.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Limon_Bolivar

Posted 24 June 2023 - 4:41 am
Hi, Pancrol. Thanks for the response. I already looked at the guide you linked. Its very good.

I see now... They where always there named as AV and FP. And where can i find the actual script files of those maps? I cannot find them in the "[You must login to view link]" folder inside "1.6 Game Data" folder or anywhere else i looked.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 24 June 2023 - 11:38 am
I was expecting that question when I went to bed last night...
The scripts are in the data folder, inside the file "gamedata_x1.drs", the smallest of the two drs files there, the other contains graphics.

You'll need turtlepack to open it:

Maps are from file 54201 to 54228. if you click on "Edit Data" you can copy the text and create a standalone rms file for you to test on.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Limon_Bolivar

Posted 24 June 2023 - 5:31 pm
+pablo@voobly wrote:
I was expecting that question when I went to bed last night...

Hehe. I did not make the correct question at the beginning. But nice, now i know where to find them. Thanks

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts