Can't Launch AOM - License Key

bring_LaNOIZ

Posted 31 October 2023 - 1:57 am
Hi,

I purchased AOM on Steam and am trying to play on Voobly. I have downloaded and installed the latest Voobly patch and corrected the file path to the game. When I try to launch through Voobly, it states that it cannot locate the license key. I'm not sure how to update the license key without being able to launch the game (or find the key through Steam).

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 31 October 2023 - 7:23 am
Please paste us the game diagnostics result; join an AOMT game lobby and run the tool from the menu.
Link | Reply | Quote
 bring_LaNOIZ

Posted 31 October 2023 - 7:23 pm
Thanks for the reply. The game diagnostics runs fine. It's when I launch the game that I get the license code error. Below is the text from the game diagnostics, and I've attached the error code on launch. Thank you for your help.

Installation path reported by registry is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age of mythology'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age of mythology\aomx.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.03'
Attachments:
aom_error.png (file size: 433.95 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 31 October 2023 - 7:45 pm
That's the problem, you have selected the wrong binaries. After installing the compatibility patch, the game location can be found at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology.

Uninstall, Reinstall and this time select the game binary at the correct location. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 JanaOsinski

Edited 21 November 2023 - 1:46 pm by JanaOsinski
Thanks for answering, I will do it as you have explained and if I face any issues, I will update you. After retrieving the key, go back to Voobly, and enter the correct key in its settings or when prompted during game launch. This should resolve the license key error and allow you to play AOM on Voobly seamlessly. During my internet search for effective essay-writing services, I came across [You must login to view link] website. It's hailed as the best site for comparing essay services. This website offers in-depth analyses and insightful information. You can make well-informed selections and select the ideal writing service for your needs by reading through their reviews.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 November 2023 - 9:32 am
You are welcome.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts