fp issue

[JL_INDIA]___Dormaamu___

Posted 4 January 2024 - 12:37 pm
hi ,

actually i am using vpnstein as my isp is blocking my ports , and everything is working fine with vpnstein i am playing peacefully for long time but a small issue in it, whole voobly that means entire people in voobly is connecting to me and i never faced fp issue but only one player YO_SS this single person in the entire voobly is not connecting to me he is FP with me not sure what's the issue can you guys please look into it or give any resolution or any tips regarding this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 January 2024 - 1:37 pm
I have never heard of an ISP that would block any ports. Ports are usually blocked if you are using a shared internet connection or an internet connection of a big organization such as an university, company, library etc.

Anyway, we cannot provide support for any VPN providers.

Let's start with the following: I need the results of both, the network and the game diagnostics.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [JL_INDIA]___Dormaamu___

Edited 7 January 2024 - 3:48 pm by [JL_INDIA]___Dormaamu___
i have attached all files below network diagnastics and game diagnastics with and without vpn,

as i said with vpn entire voobly all players are connecting except YO_SS

in india most of the isp do block the ports and force us to purchase static ip for more revenue ,
but with vpnstein everything is working fine but only one issue and that is YO_SS , not sure what maybe the issue
Attachments:
without vpn network.png (file size: 449.03 KB)
without vpn game.png (file size: 422.66 KB)
with vpn network.png (file size: 440.44 KB)
with vpn game.png (file size: 425.77 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 January 2024 - 3:50 pm
Do you have a stable internet connection such as a DSL or a Cable connection?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [JL_INDIA]___Dormaamu___

Posted 7 January 2024 - 4:40 pm
yes i have a cable connection and it is stable and it has 40 mbps speed
it was working fine until my ISP made a change in their security policy and then they banned many ports for dynamic ip and while i reached their customer support i came to know that they will open port only for static ip thats why i went for a substitution of vpnstein and it is working fine for everyone in voobly but only for YO_SS
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 January 2024 - 4:43 pm
I have checked the logs and the problem is not related to any blocked ports at all. Your ISP has assigned an IPv6 address, but you require an IPv4 address in order to play Age of Empires II online (Direct Play supports IPv4 only for AOC).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [JL_INDIA]___Dormaamu___

Posted 7 January 2024 - 4:45 pm
i didnt get you properly, can you please elaborate if i can fix this issue without vpn and if yes then please mention how to resolve?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 January 2024 - 4:47 pm
Please call your ISP and ask them to assign you an IPv4 address. Tell them you run services, that require an IPv4 address. In some cases you have to pay five bucks per month for an IPv4 address.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [JL_INDIA]___Dormaamu___

Posted 7 January 2024 - 4:50 pm
how did you came to know my ISP is using IPv6 and not the IPv4, i have not shared any log regarding connection, i am still confuesd coz i am not a techie
Link | Reply | Quote
 [JL_INDIA]___Dormaamu___

Posted 7 January 2024 - 4:51 pm
these are my router settings for ipv4 and ipv6
Attachments:
ipv4.png (file size: 229.4 KB)
ipv6.png (file size: 288.54 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 January 2024 - 4:52 pm
You are automatically generating those logs when connecting with your IP address to our services.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 January 2024 - 4:54 pm
these are my router settings for ipv4 and ipv6
You appear to have both, an IPv4 and an IPv6 address according to those screenshot. You could ask your ISP how to disable the IPv6 address. Then simply setup a port forwarding rule for UDP 16000 and you should not require a VPN anymore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [JL_INDIA]___Dormaamu___

Posted 7 January 2024 - 4:54 pm
can i change these settings from my router?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [JL_INDIA]___Dormaamu___

Edited 7 January 2024 - 4:55 pm by [JL_INDIA]___Dormaamu___
you mean i have to disable ipv6?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 January 2024 - 4:55 pm
can i change these settings from my router?
Ask your ISP, I don't know. It depends on, whether this is supported by your ISP. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 25 posts