Archers Blood V3

VeNoM1

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:51 pm
I saw the other day that Archers Blood had been added to the map pack and it reminded me that this hadn't been rated yet. Matt was going to add it to the map pack January 2010 but he left AoC. I made a thread on IGZ and it had positive responses. It was made just after the Archers Blood tournament which saw an insane amount of camping so the main focus was to help prevent that.
Things I improved:
    Made each side slightly closer.
    Added a population CAP of 200 (maybe 160) to stop just camping indefinitely.
    I made the map clean and symeetrical.
    Added triggers to remove bases after death as well as some other trigger improvements; every trigger was re-made.

I'm not 100% certain this was the final fully tested version of the map but i would still be extremely surpised if it wasn't. Please update the map pack.
Thanks.
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Octo

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:16 pm
well i dont think camping is a viable strategy against a good archer blood player...camping = easier to flank
i dont see anything wrong with abv2
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_Eot_]SubRoutine

Posted 15 March 2011 - 8:35 pm
ABv2 has been the same for around 8-10 years in aok. It doesn't need changing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 VeNoM1

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:22 pm
If you saw the Archers Blood tournament records you would know waht was wrong with it.

I just improved it for Conquerors. Did you even read what i changed? It's the same map pretty much.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Octo

Posted 16 March 2011 - 1:29 am
well i dont know who was in the tournament but between 2 good players, the guy who camps will lose
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 16 March 2011 - 2:58 pm
Octo wrote:
the guy who camps will lose

Well, isn't that good?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 16 March 2011 - 3:56 pm
Octo is 100% right against a good archer blood player the camper will lose and i proved that and im not even what i would call a top archer blood player. In the tournament the map was new to aoc so people didnt know how to play against a camper and the only match that was awful was the final itself because people just sat back for hours without attacking massing 1000's of units. If you actually think about it that could happen in any map where players just dont attack and sit there for hours
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 16 March 2011 - 4:44 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
Apart from the final which had something like 12000 units ive never seen or heard of it crashing. Any map would crash with that many units.

It doesnt need changing what so ever, with that said i see no harm in it having more than one version.
Link | Reply | Quote
 VeNoM1

Posted 16 March 2011 - 6:17 pm
if some1 camps well and is alert to u flanking then they'll always have a huge edge. all i did was add a 160 pop cap and clean the map up pretty much. it was going to be added to the map in 2010 and it's going to be added now. i just made this thread as a formality. if the bugged v2 map hadn't already been added then we wouldn't even be having this debate. do you really think anybody can manage over 160 units well anyway? how many games even get to that pop?
it amazes me how adverse to change people are..
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 16 March 2011 - 7:14 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
If someone is good at flanking and the other person bases then the person flanking as a huge advantage/edge as a fact. Being alert to someone flanking wont stop you losing
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 16 March 2011 - 8:31 pm
Thats what i said when i said about having more than one version :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 VeNoM1

Posted 26 March 2011 - 7:22 am
ok, add it :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts