=V= Rambit CB Gold 2012

Is_this_my_name

Posted 27 June 2011 - 6:05 pm
what happened to this going into the map pack update?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _EgW_

Edited 28 June 2011 - 3:03 pm by _EgW_
So for instance if you were the Celts and you were made to go Subo you could at least make your Subo suck less by buying this upgrade up top which would give you Parthian Tactics and Thumb Ring
Did you test this? It worked?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_SxD_]Havas_Ka_Pujari

Posted 28 June 2011 - 6:24 pm
wel seriously heroes dont get parthian tactics upgrade.....

try wit mongs hun sara....

2ndly i played 2012 a while back.
the "kill al mid units" n "kill all enemy in base" is closed
i played fr about 35-40 mins. didnt open at all.....
also i think its not worth it...

i mean imagine sm1 gets herald. now others will jus camp n keep 5 kings ready so dat wen he rushes u jus use kill enemy in base n he loses his herald jus like dat.
i had tamnerlane in mid...

btw more area fr tamer is gud but seriously tamer suxx.
1st u need atleast 50-80 units b4 u go mid..
2nd they r really weak against subo n martel
3rd dont remember any1 using tamer
Link | Reply | Quote
 _EgW_

Posted 28 June 2011 - 7:33 pm
Oh well. I probably should've included blacksmith upgrades as well if you don't get the techs but I just don't care enough to change it now.
When you research a tech with triggers, it can't affect the civs that actually dont have that tech in their tech-tree. So those triggers are useless.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 28 June 2011 - 7:45 pm
i didnt know there was kill enemy in base or mid added. ya 5 kings sounds way too cheap at least.

to go along with these rcb updates... there is bugs that should be fixed in 3 other rcb maps that i posted in feb but i dont think ever got fixed.
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/39663
also in Rambit CBA someone said p1 buy martel doesnt spawn
for Rambit CB Final this should still be fixed so ppl cant feed off sum1 who resigned
for Classic idc... that map is **** cuz of the super store anyways.

BTW Weapon r u still quitting?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _EgW_

Posted 29 June 2011 - 5:59 pm
I was thinking of maybe trying out a neutral unit like maybe the Shah which is a hero king.
Bad idea cause monks can't convert heroes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 29 June 2011 - 7:02 pm
Bleda the Hun is not ranged, he only have Mangudai graphics, but acts like a melee cavalry unit
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 2 July 2011 - 11:26 pm
for reducing freezing, it might only be triggers that have been activated by the condition and working at that time. or it could be all triggers turned on and capable of being activated.
if its only triggers working at the time, anti del triggers wouldnt be a big cause since rarely would more than 2 triggers be working at one time. the games used to freeze b4 anti del too (but they still might increase the chance). triggers like the taskers, spawning units, and powering up units would be the most likely i think. taskers have no condition, just the effect so it is constantly working. spawning units and powerups are constantly running too, just waiting for the timer condition.
how to stop these from freezing it is another question. maybe for taskers u could add the condition of object in area b4 it tasks, but then u would have to make a bunch extra triggers with seperate conditions.
thats some possibilities, maybe u can think of other triggers potentailly freezing games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 3 July 2011 - 12:45 am
Number of looping and active trigger shouldn't be a problem. My map Kings Blood has well over 5000 triggers, and most of them on loop and I haven't experienced any freezing problems.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Edited 3 July 2011 - 1:02 pm by BF_Basse
Quote:
5k triggers!!! Inconceivable!
I just checked, it's 5,8k triggers. It's in the map pack if you wish to take a look at it :p
Quote:
I've remembered some things I wanted to change as well so I'll do those quick tonight after I get back as well as tasker related things. I plan to remove all of the tasking triggers related to creating units and put a tasker in each of the triggers by itself so when you create robin it'll automatically be tasked. If this doesn't have any benefit towards anti-freezing at least it'll have a benefit towards efficiently creating units. Also, I noticed mid power-up has no conditions and just effects so I added in two conditions of: object in area (just 1 military unit for each player) and timer: 1 second. You kind of need the king taskers always on though. Hmmm.. I guess I could put in the condition and also just have it remove kings from on top of the flags for kills/razes/transferring kings ... this should probably be done because even now it's still possible to block someones king(s) if you keep on clicking your kings on top of their flag.

This prevents a lot of spawn-blocking caused by your own units. A good idea for this map. All tasking in 1 trigger isn't a good idea if there are several spawns and several units. ;)
Quote:
The one game that I thought it was kind of weird where it froze was when it was only my teammate and I left and we had to kill persians still and he had about 200 cho powering up on mid hill when it froze randomly without anyone attacking anyone. Global also didn't have a condition either but I added in that timer a long time ago. My point is the chance of the game freezing probably increases when you have units powering up constantly. Did you incorporate units powering up into Kings Blood Basse?

Kings Blood does not have any power up except for the King and kill/razing counters.

The power-up might indeed be the cause of the freezing that time. I have little knowledge about freezing, except that it can be caused by ice/shallows/elevation on the edge of the map or objects hanging over the edge of the map (flowers for example)
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 3 July 2011 - 5:32 pm
Quote:
Many objects hang over the edge of the map such as hay stacks, each persons blacksmith/university, and the gods sling in the right corner
No, those objects can't be placed "over the edge". What I meant is when you place flowers, half of their graphics can be outside the map. That is what could cause freezing problems.

Because it doesn't seem to be any objects hanging over the map, I think it has to do with ice/shallows, but I don't know for sure. I remember having problems with both ice/shallows on the edge causing crashes and freezing, but if it froze, it was just at the start of the game before any triggers fired.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Is_this_my_name

Posted 4 July 2011 - 9:14 pm
"I have decided to simply combine the ideas of dragon into 2012 though."
so ur only making the one map now? i still think it might be better to have 2 maps, 1 being a simple version for noober players that ppl might start out on and learn, and the other could be complicated and therefore more strategic and difficult, like the way i think this is turning out for experts. although i suppose the 2011 version could just be left as the easier simple version now that i think of it, if henry v is at least in it for 4 kings (i cant remember if that was added back to the currently rated 2011 version).

i think units powering could be a major part of causing freezing, but from what i remember most games freeze when there is at least 6 players, and its not too far into the game yet (maybe 20-40 min(fast clock time)). so often i think noone has bought any powerup, so the only things powering up would be house gaurds and rare individual units purchased.

also i cant remember RCB auto freezing very often (i think it did very rarely) and in that map there is more of buying global, and middle powerups. 1 big issue with that map was if u add ap or hp to too many units (i think around 250) the game would crash (different than freezing, AOC just closes by itself). so perhaps in rcb gold if there is multiple triggers trying to powerup multiple sets of units with different amounts of ap/hp this might glitch the game even worse and makes it freeze.

i just thought of another thing... there is the one trigger for powering up a bunch of different types of units for all players that is always running. its timer is set to 20 secs and any unit that powers up per 20 secs is done by this one trigger. that is another possibility to reduce.

the weak global powerup "9 kings - Units power-up 50 hp/5ap every 3 mins 30 secs" seems too powerful to me. i could be wrong and maybe it needs to be tested in play to see, but i think almost anyone that has a lot of ranged units would buy this instead of anything else then just camp. in rcb auto there is a global similar to this and even in that map where u can buy 5 ap for 1 king instead, ppl still often went for the global.

for legions fury; very hard to say how much to damage the mid units, it would probly need to be tested in a real game a few times to know. id say a unit with around 100 hp would be a good base for determining it (around wat robin has but more than regular archers as the units will be gaining hp too)
as for skirms, i dont think u should kill them with legions fury (maybe give the person who bought it a good monk, or missionary (which is also another possible buy for the right store)). skirms can be very important when it comes to mid, once u just get around 500 ap u can send it in after someones pyramid, and if they buy a monk kill it with 2 shots.

be careful with the triggers for making castles, they became quite complicated when i finally made it so the castle will still be created once an enemy unit moves out of the area if they are blocking it
BTW there is the possibily of using sabs to damage the mid units, then if they get killed the player who bought legoins fury will also get kills.

an incentive for double spawn hero is a good idea. making it so the pop limit goes up could also make more likely to freeze tho... 24

i probably wont end up doing some of these edits anytime soon (with working 11 hr shifts on weekdays and a lot of biking (...sometimes unicycling :) on weekends (in winter i end up playing and editing a lot more (boring with snow outside))) but if i do ill let u know so we dont get the maps mixed up.

Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 4 July 2011 - 10:29 pm
Quote:
around 250

It's 300 units max. More than than crashes the game :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 5 July 2011 - 6:56 pm
Sad to hear :(

By game you mean scenario or game?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hO_hO_

Posted 7 July 2011 - 6:05 am
I've decided to not bother with anymore changes. It's just a waste of time. The more I play this game the more I realize it's just a joke.

I agree. This game is a f'in joke. Especially rambit. Someone always feeds and ruins the game for everyone else. OR!!! If you are going to win someone makes it freeze so you don't even get the satisfaction. It's such a pointless endeavor. I'm with ya Weapon. I'm done with this crap too.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]234
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 51 posts