RCB Gold 2013 F8 through F11

MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 12 January 2014 - 2:52 am
Somehow... god knows how... I accidentally must've deleted the super harald triggers while editing and had to copy them back in. When I did this it had the wrong trigger in the activate trigger effect. I have fixed it and messaged Justin/Obscured about it.

God I really suck at editing scenarios...

I'm sorry guys. This really pissed me off when I noticed it. Glad I found it right away at least.

Look for F10 tomorrow most likely. If you play F9 tonight don't buy super harald.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ArabicEmperor

Posted 12 January 2014 - 4:53 am
I really dont know if you make changes just to make changes
who told u or complain that global is 19 kings and should be 20????
what's your point? 19 kings is plus 4 kings from harled additional when waiting global without buy hero u risk to be rushed so I think it's fair enough to be 19>
another bug happened with small harled (buy with 5 kings) it doesnt power up
u can check the record
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/9881538

finally if this map continue i think i will quit RCB
Link | Reply | Quote
 ArabicEmperor

Posted 12 January 2014 - 4:57 am
I am sorry for my last reply but really was mad coz of 2 losing coz of this 2 changes

thank you weapon anyway but I just give my opinion :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 12 January 2014 - 2:46 pm
I really dont know if you make changes just to make changes
who told u or complain that global is 19 kings and should be 20????
what's your point? 19 kings is plus 4 kings from harled additional when waiting global without buy hero u risk to be rushed so I think it's fair enough to be 19>
another bug happened with small harled (buy with 5 kings) it doesnt power up
u can check the record
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/9881538

finally if this map continue i think i will quit RCB

Global: Remember global in 2011? It was hard to get. The first time I saw someone get it was after about two months of playing.

I doubled the strength of global to evaluate how easy it is to get (i.e. if you make it better people will risk it more). And, I admit I was surprised, people were getting global practically once every three games. That's way too often. In 2013 it's much easier to get kings with the undead bombard, uber units, and other things. This is why the change is necessary and likely why it's so easy for people to get it nowadays.

But **** it. I'll change it back to 19 just because I want this to be the final version I edit. I want someone else to do it after this. If it's an issue still in a few months they can work around it.

Yes, the small harald bug. I just posted about that. I'm extremely sorry about that. Seriously... it absolutely should not have been bugged since it's been in there so long. I was very pissed off when I saw it was bugged. I have messaged the mod, Justin, and hopefully he fixes it today.
Link | Reply | Quote
 GenghisKhan97

Posted 12 January 2014 - 2:57 pm
hi
my suggestion for f10 is :
-byz should be 4 kings when start and many players agree with me this point coz byz in this version is weak when your opponent buy archer of eye, also you cant go villager coz will be late so byz now is one way to go :(
-I wonder why u work opposite :
I mean you increase Harled power and decrease Global +1/+1 instead of +2/+2 also make it 20 kings !!
the idea is when someone waiting global it whould be very risk other player rush him with hero
Martel 8 king khan 12 king william and theo harled boat and maybe someone goes Harled b4 him
I think by this upgrade u remove Global from game , nobody will risk global even nobody I think in pro players games can buy global which is bad coz Global is very important choice in many games when all players feed like hell so it's hell if 4 players buy harled think about it :).
-if players can buy just 1 scout I advise returned it to 17k hp : think about celt or frank for example their khan is suck if another players buy khans maybe they go double martel but still khan beat them if no scout and this 12k hp scout is die eazy buy khans they eat him fast:(.
-another ideas maybe not very intersting but I would like to share:
>>buying extra ap for super harled u can make it expensive
>>buy garrison extra power ship to protect ur base maybe and could be low hp so cant attack castles

Finally thank you of your effort and Good Luck
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 12 January 2014 - 5:48 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
hi
my suggestion for f10 is :
-byz should be 4 kings when start and many players agree with me this point coz byz in this version is weak when your opponent buy archer of eye, also you cant go villager coz will be late so byz now is one way to go :(
-I wonder why u work opposite :
I mean you increase Harled power and decrease Global +1/+1 instead of +2/+2 also make it 20 kings !!
the idea is when someone waiting global it whould be very risk other player rush him with hero
Martel 8 king khan 12 king william and theo harled boat and maybe someone goes Harled b4 him
I think by this upgrade u remove Global from game , nobody will risk global even nobody I think in pro players games can buy global which is bad coz Global is very important choice in many games when all players feed like hell so it's hell if 4 players buy harled think about it :).
-if players can buy just 1 scout I advise returned it to 17k hp : think about celt or frank for example their khan is suck if another players buy khans maybe they go double martel but still khan beat them if no scout and this 12k hp scout is die eazy buy khans they eat him fast:(.
-another ideas maybe not very intersting but I would like to share:
>>buying extra ap for super harled u can make it expensive
>>buy garrison extra power ship to protect ur base maybe and could be low hp so cant attack castles

Finally thank you of your effort and Good Luck

-Byz at four kings is too strong against all infantry civilizations. They're given over 1k hp to their bombard at about 1.5 minutes to offset them starting at three kings (they have 3.8/3.7, can't remember which one specifically, compared to 2.2k for other civs). Byz at four kings can go instant imperial and then the infantry civilization is screwed the vast majority of the time. Sorry but it needs to be at three. Archers of the eyes is greatly weakened with a pop limit of 80 too.
-Global was and most likely still will be too strong. See above. I am putting it back at 19 though. 2hp/2ap was a test to evaluate it's strength. It'll be back at 1 hp/1ap now.
-17k is absolutely too strong. Imagine someone buying it against the Koreans... you could absolutely decimate them in their base with just one scout. 17k is too strong against lower heroes too (e.g. charlemagne, robin). There is the bonus healing with the friar... this is there to help heal the scout as well as theo, william, beli, etc. it works best if you go the villager route and make monks though since it applies to all monks once you purchase a friar. I'd rather no one bought the scout if anything than it be an absolute powerhouse. I'll change it to two scouts max for now.

-Not sure about other suggestions. Maybe in a future update.

If Justin reads this: I have updated F10 in the link I messaged you yesterday. Still good to go. Rate asap please. Sorry I f'ed up.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Carnage

Edited 13 January 2014 - 4:38 pm by Carnage
you are making too much and too big changes in every version... at least test it then put new version out...
Quote:
I made Nevski a little better. 650 hp from 600 per king ... 65 ap from 60 per king. Nevski is really good if you want to go glass cannon against someone who buys Tamerlane or in general... just dump all of your kings into three of them and kill a person. Chances are you won't kill anymore people though. Got rid of Nevski's hp/ap bonus every 20 seconds since no one bought it early/it wasn't a strat like I thought it'd be doing that.

maybe someone would buy nevski if they weren't delayed for 20 mins...
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 13 January 2014 - 4:50 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
Carnage wrote:
you are making too much and too big changes in every version... at least test it then put new version out...

maybe someone would buy nevski if they weren't delayed for 20 mins...

Nevski used to be at those levels in the 2012 version. Non-delayed Nevski would lead to too many issues and people getting taken out too easily. Best to leave it the way it is now. No one bought Nevski early in 2011... why should they now? The aim was to make 2013 a perfected 2011 with minor changes across the board but obviously the big change was redoing the whole map back in the day.

Testing doesn't need to be done for minor changes. Super Harald was a **** up that shouldn't have happened and only did because I deleted the Nevski hp/ap bonus every 20 sec triggers... this lead to a shift in the triggers and when I was copying in the super harald triggers again (god knows how I accidentally deleted them) it lead to the wrong trigger getting activated for super harald powerup.

Global could go either way... and RCB is so complex you'd need to test way more than people would be willing to as well (play with no rate while testing). It's best for me to leave testing up to the player base and get feedback that way. Anywho, I'm done with the scenario after F10 and don't believe it should be edited more unless something blatantly makes sense to change or bugs.

I admit I did change a lot in F9but with the exception of global and possibly the scout too they all make sense to do. Global will be at 19 kings again in F10 and it'll be two scouts max.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 14 January 2014 - 6:07 pm
f10 rated http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/46/AoC-Custom-Scenarios

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 24 out of 24 posts