SEPT 2015 CBA MOD

Poll: Would you be interested in a CBA mod that disables Persia & Sara?
YES
NO
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 18 September 2015 - 9:43 am
Hello, hope you're all doing well.

I am wondering if CBA community would be interested in a mod that disables Persians and Saracens in CBA team games.

I'm not saying these two civs ruin CBA team games at all. Even if this mod was created, I would still play CBA games without the mod enabled. But I've always noticed (and I'm sure many other CBA TGers have noticed as well) that when these two civs are not in the game, it significantly changes the dynamics of the game, as well as likelihood of one-sidedness. This mod would also increase the chances of imp games due to a likely more balanced feudal/castle age war (not that there is anything wrong with games that end with a nicely timed feudal age rush).

PS: To those who will argue that the civs should just be balanced, I'm sure they can but then that would require balancing all other civs and that's been tried many times. To keep it simple, I think disabling these two heavyweight civs would be a good idea.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 18 September 2015 - 10:35 am by [MM]Gallas
I made today a CBA map where you fight with spaceships, is that count as a solution for you?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:50 am
Enough with the '' Disables'' Mods.. pft Just play the map the default way that it was created for.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:02 pm
scouts are the ultimate counter for saracens and for more information about the destructive power of scouts feel free to contact [xCs]CaMp2gg_ and his experience playing against scouts
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Edited 18 September 2015 - 12:05 pm by [xCs]PLO_Style
_Hacks wrote:
Enough with the '' Disables'' Mods.. pft Just play the map the default way that it was created for.

With that logic, don't we just eliminate the Game Mods section of the forum then?
[MM]Gallas wrote:
I made today a CBA map where you fight with spaceships, is that count as a solution for you?

Not really, no.
['RB']Dan wrote:
scouts are the ultimate counter for saracens and for more information about the destructive power of scouts feel free to contact [xCs]CaMp2gg_ and his experience playing against scouts

Ok then
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Edited 18 September 2015 - 12:28 pm by _Hacks
_Hacks wrote:
Enough with the ''Disables'' Mods.. pft Just play the map the default way that it was created for.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:34 pm
_Hacks wrote:

Two can play that game
Link | Reply | Quote
 PR_Green

Edited 18 September 2015 - 1:14 pm by PR_Green
_Hacks wrote:
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 18 September 2015 - 1:36 pm
Okay so your point is that CBA specifically should not have any mods for some unstated reason. Does anyone want to state that reason? And if you simply disagree that disabling Persians and Saracens in CBA team games is a bad idea, can you please explain without being vague? I've made my argument in the original post, I'd like to read some counter-arguments. In hindsight, I should not have asked a poll question as non-CBAers and trolls will seriously skew the result.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 18 September 2015 - 1:50 pm
because **** cba
Link | Reply | Quote
 KhalidIbnWaalid

Posted 18 September 2015 - 2:12 pm
I think civs like persians and Saracenz make the CBA more fun and you have to play at your best when youre facing one of those civs. Saracenz can easily be counterd by a large group of archers. But I agree with persians they can be unstoppable sometimes but then even you can rush his castles. personally i think when you remove those 2 CBA will be less fun. then Mongols and Byz will be an overpowering civ compared to all others
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 18 September 2015 - 2:37 pm
I think civs like persians and Saracenz make the CBA more fun and you have to play at your best when youre facing one of those civs. Saracenz can easily be counterd by a large group of archers. But I agree with persians they can be unstoppable sometimes but then even you can rush his castles. personally i think when you remove those 2 CBA will be less fun. then Mongols and Byz will be an overpowering civ compared to all others

Persians and Saracens CAN make the game more fun, but they typically don't. Then again, fun is subjective so I guess that's just my opinion.

I'm not trying to say that the whole CBA community should cut out those two civs forever, it's just a mod that a host can choose to enable if he/she feels like it. CBA team games without those two civs are generally more even and therefore fun (I'm sure we can all agree fairness is a pretty objective standard in measuring how fun a scenario is). I see your point about Mongols and Byz but those civs are easier to counter than Persians and Saracens.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 18 September 2015 - 3:14 pm
I don't think it's possible to disable civs.

Just make a balance mod for CBA like I did for RCB.

In terms of what and how would you balance things out I cannot say. I do not play the **** that is CBA.

There you go. =)
Link | Reply | Quote
 PR_Green

Posted 18 September 2015 - 3:24 pm
Without sar and pers, huns would kill everyone in every game!
Link | Reply | Quote
 DingDongPingPon

Posted 18 September 2015 - 3:24 pm
this just ****ed up man

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2345
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 62 posts