SEPT 2015 CBA MOD

Poll: Would you be interested in a CBA mod that disables Persia & Sara?
YES
NO
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 18 September 2015 - 3:33 pm by [MM]Gallas
I don't think it's possible to disable civs.
Yep, but you can do "pseudo-hiding" and replace UU/UT civ bonuses with other civs. Like Sara->Frank, Pers->Teut
Just make a balance mod for CBA like I did for RCB.

Like this? Or this? Maybe you mean this.
Since, these mods are not allowed in rated games, we will never know from real CBA community the usefulness, because if no puntos, then no interest. ;whistling
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Edited 18 September 2015 - 3:50 pm by [xCs]PLO_Style
PR_Green wrote:
Without sar and pers, huns would kill everyone in every game!

Actually, interesting point. Huns would definitely be rushing more comfortably without Saracens and Persians so maybe Huns will gain the most with a disabled Sara/Persia. That is not to say Huns will be the new Saracens/Persians though.
I don't think it's possible to disable civs.

Just make a balance mod for CBA like I did for RCB.

In terms of what and how would you balance things out I cannot say. I do not play the **** that is CBA.

There you go. =)

If it's not possible, then this thread should just be closed/deleted. Many balances have been attempted and there's a decent one by Malte. The point is not to rework all of CBA, I made (what I thought was) a very simple request: a mod that disables two civs in CBA team games. I like the "default" CBAv18 but I think it would be really fun if those two civs were disabled.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 18 September 2015 - 7:37 pm
Dont play cba
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 18 September 2015 - 7:42 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
[MM]Gallas wrote:
Yep, but you can do "pseudo-hiding" and replace UU/UT civ bonuses with other civs. Like Sara->Frank, Pers->Teut

Like this? Or this? Maybe you mean this.
Since, these mods are not allowed in rated games, we will never know from real CBA community the usefulness, because if no puntos, then no interest. ;whistling

Just seems to me that they never got community backing and/or moderator support. It's obviously possible to get a mod rated, like RCB Fair Mod.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 18 September 2015 - 7:44 pm
+[MM]jason wrote:
Dont play cba

Don't post in a thread that doesn't concern you
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 18 September 2015 - 8:49 pm
Do you goto the poker table and ask for the kings and aces to be removed?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:20 pm
+[MM]jason wrote:
Thank you <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:04 pm
voobly promoters at their finest
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Edited 18 September 2015 - 11:39 pm by _Hacks
voobly promoters at their finest
<3
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 19 September 2015 - 1:48 pm
+[MM]jason wrote:

Flawed logic. The kings and aces, as well as all other cards in poker, function in a hierarchical way that cannot be compared to CBA, where Persians and Saracens are not hierarchically the best. It would be pointless to remove the kings and aces as the next best stand-alone card would be the queen, whereas I argue that disabling Saracens and Persians would level the playing field (i.e. there would be no stand-alone civ that is the best, especially considering my proposal is referring to CBA team games).

Then again, what should I expect from a non-CBAer (and his lackey, a Voobly "promoter") trying to put his two cents in?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 19 September 2015 - 2:39 pm
Seriously if you want balance play mirror civ. Its an underused feature of user patch. With your logic you would need to remove franks and probably huns too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 19 September 2015 - 3:05 pm
why not just delete everything while you at it
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 19 September 2015 - 3:06 pm
Delete cba best idea yet
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Edited 19 September 2015 - 4:31 pm by [xCs]PLO_Style
+[MM]jason wrote:
Seriously if you want balance play mirror civ. Its an underused feature of user patch. With your logic you would need to remove franks and probably huns too.

No I wouldn't need to remove Franks and Huns. Again, you are not very informed when it comes to CBA so don't bother making suggestions. If playing mirror was a feasible solution, I wouldn't have made this mod request.
['RB']Dan wrote:
why not just delete everything while you at it
+[MM]jason wrote:
Delete cba best idea yet

why don't you just not post in a CBA-related thread if you don't play CBA? does it really bother you that many people like to play a scenario that you don't like?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 19 September 2015 - 4:27 pm
i never play cba? thats new to me

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]345
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 62 posts