Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > New Voobly Client 2.7

New Voobly Client 2.7

+chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 August 2023 - 8:34 pm
Big Anti Cheat Update! Help us fighting cheaters by participating in the public beta test of Voobly Client version 2.5.7.4 (Download here: https://update.voobly.com/updates/voobly-v2.7.5.4-update-full.exe). This is update 2 of 10! Please report problems here: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/352171
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 August 2023 - 9:03 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
Two issues are causing those crashing:
  • First issue will be fixed with 2.5.7.3, but must be tested first, whether it is causing any other problems
  • Second issue will be fixed with 2.5.7.4 if previous fix in 2.5.7.3 is working as expected

The crashing / Voobly closing issue should now be fixed with the latest client.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _amro_

Posted 27 August 2023 - 11:07 pm
first 2-3 min of a tg 4x4 voobly crashed 3 times

Attachments:
voobly 1.txt (file size: 93.11 KB)
voobly 2.txt (file size: 516.19 KB)
voobly 3.txt (file size: 34.92 KB)
voobly 4.txt (file size: 4.41 KB)
voobly 5.txt (file size: 120.83 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [GUYS]Running_Turtle

Posted 27 August 2023 - 11:48 pm
Lots of visual game mods stopped working. Small Trees, etc.

Not a fan of new graphics either. Too detailed. Units are harder to tell apart.
I know it's what they use on steam DE...

But I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Not that it's gonna change. Gotta do the new things. ;green
But im done.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 August 2023 - 8:27 am
What exactly isn’t working? Are you getting any error messages? What patch were you playing, which mods? We need the information in order to troubleshoot the problem together with you. :)

Your problem is not related with our Anti Cheat update last weekend, so I am really surprised it has stopped working out of sudden.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 August 2023 - 8:40 am
_amro_ wrote:
first 2-3 min of a tg 4x4 voobly crashed 3 times
The problem was related to a pending client update. You guys were playing with different client versions causing this: 2.7.5.1 (old stable), 2.7.5.2 (Anti-Cheat Update), 2.7.5.3 (Anti-Cheat Update) and 2.7.5.4 (most recent version with the crash fix). There should be no more crashes now, at least not related to this old issue. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _amro_

Edited 29 August 2023 - 7:34 pm by _amro_
still crashing all players same version 2.7.5.4
on new original windows 11 clean installation, new original game, and new clean installation direct of the a.m voobly version, first 2-3 min of the game voobly just disappear all games I was the host
Attachments:
voobly 1.txt (file size: 94.26 KB)
voobly 2.txt (file size: 55.94 KB)
voobly 3.txt (file size: 454.11 KB)
voobly 4.txt (file size: 2.69 KB)
voobly 5.txt (file size: 528.38 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _amro_

Posted 29 August 2023 - 7:33 pm
_amro_ wrote:
still crashing all players same version 2.7.5.4
on new original windows 11 clean installation, new original game, and new clean installation direct of the a.m voobly version, first 2-3 min of the game voobly just disappear all games if I'm the host
Attachments:
voobly.txt (file size: 128.26 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 August 2023 - 9:15 am
This is something new... how often does it crash for you? Who else is having the same problem?
Link | Reply | Quote
 _amro_

Posted 30 August 2023 - 1:15 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
This is something new... how often does it crash for you? Who else is having the same problem?

every game I guess until I'm not host let me check if any other players have same issue idk maybe I'm the only one running windows 11 ....
Link | Reply | Quote
 _amro_

Posted 2 September 2023 - 12:35 pm
I'm not crashing for two days without doing anything
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 September 2023 - 2:04 pm
Sounds a lot like a windows update, most likely a driver update that has fixed the issue for you. But glad to hear it's working now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 September 2023 - 5:57 pm
2.7.5.5 has been released which fixes several bugs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_R_Griffith

Posted 1 October 2023 - 6:12 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
2.7.5.5 has been released which fixes several bugs.

A good feature to implement would be that if there's someone who drops from the game, and the room still says that person is in the game, to auto boot that player after 5 or 10 failure peer check. Or let the host to kick him after 10 retries of connect to him...

<Connection to 'player' is not responsive (failure: peer check)>

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 1 October 2023 - 7:36 pm
This is already the case -- if a player times out on Voobly / loses the connection to the internet, the client will also kill the game process. The error message above however describes a player who has disconnected from our proxy server. However, this is no indiciation whether someone has dropped from the game, since the game itself is peer to peer and has nothing to do with Voobly. In other words, it is impossible for the client to detect, whether someone has dropped from game. It is also common that players will reconnect to the proxy server and the game will continue after a short delay. If this delay however is too high, he will disconnected from game anyway, which means, that it's not necessary to have the ability to kick him from the game room.

Link | Reply | Quote
12345678910[11]12
Displaying 151 - 165 out of 171 posts