Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > New Voobly Client 2.7

New Voobly Client 2.7

BORIS_GRISHENKO

Posted 29 June 2023 - 1:35 am
am currently having issues downloading the client.
once its downloaded it says that its not trustworthy via not only Microsoft defender but also trend micro, thus making it very difficult to open. i have contacted you via facebook messenger and thats the best place to get in contact with me to help fix the issue
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Altair_Ibn

Posted 29 June 2023 - 4:24 am
Hi!

Voobly closes unexpectedly, without warning, without saying anything, it just closes.

Happened to me 5 times today.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [A4G]_AnimaSola_

Posted 29 June 2023 - 7:38 am
Hello to all voobly community! I try 2 days now to run the new client,but a message occurs that voobly is not a win32 application. I tried everything that u said as I saw many have same problem (for examples I installed serv pack3) but nothing's happened. I use windows XP. Can u solve this issue? As I see in this thread there are many of us having the same problem with windows XP. I would be glad to solve this because now I am on vacation from my work for 2 weeks and I am eager to Play a lot of AOE! And it is pity that I can't now .
Thank you a priori for your help!
Link | Reply | Quote
 bigd21

Edited 29 June 2023 - 8:58 am by bigd21
Any ETA on when Voobly will be up for Win. XP? Still getting a "not a win32 application" notice.
Link | Reply | Quote
 timai

Posted 29 June 2023 - 9:22 am
Ok, if u record my tips into list of possible requirements, I send another one.
In room, game started, I could spectate, so all was ok, but I get
[09:19]<Spectator Error: Failed writing to file.>
( All was ok, so this error is error :) ). And, maybe append "disk:path/file" to that message, so that user can look if she/he has such path on disk ...
Link | Reply | Quote
 timai

Posted 29 June 2023 - 9:31 am
Another tip, is described in picture (it is not error, it is just some little not nice thing and ... I guess almost nobody noticed this)
Attachments:
colJoin_tmpData.png (file size: 160.77 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 timai

Posted 29 June 2023 - 9:39 am
Another tip, is described in picture
Attachments:
InfoWin_badDim.png (file size: 369.67 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 29 June 2023 - 12:04 pm by +chris@voobly
timai wrote:
Another tip, is described in picture
We appreciate your feedback. But could you please post your suggestion / feedback in your original threat at the suggestion forums please? We have them in three places now...

How about one big post instead of... now 20+ posts?.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 June 2023 - 11:56 am
am currently having issues downloading the client.
once its downloaded it says that its not trustworthy via not only Microsoft defender but also trend micro, thus making it very difficult to open. i have contacted you via facebook messenger and thats the best place to get in contact with me to help fix the issue
That's normal, we don't have a signature for our binaries since we are no company. You have to click "Keep" in your browser and then "Keep anyway" when using Edge and manually start the Setup. The message will disappear, once enough players have installed it, as it's just a heuristic for new binaries by your AV.

I also have no idea how you contacted me via facebook messenger, we haven't posted anything on our old Voobly FB page for more than 13 years. If you want support, please post at the forums like anyone else too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 June 2023 - 11:56 am
+Altair_Ibn wrote:
Hi!

Voobly closes unexpectedly, without warning, without saying anything, it just closes.

Happened to me 5 times today.
Go to the Eventviewer please and paste us the results from the Applications Eventlogs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 June 2023 - 12:00 pm
Hello to all voobly community! I try 2 days now to run the new client,but a message occurs that voobly is not a win32 application. I tried everything that u said as I saw many have same problem (for examples I installed serv pack3) but nothing's happened. I use windows XP. Can u solve this issue? As I see in this thread there are many of us having the same problem with windows XP. I would be glad to solve this because now I am on vacation from my work for 2 weeks and I am eager to Play a lot of AOE! And it is pity that I can't now .
Thank you a priori for your help!
bigd21 wrote:
Any ETA on when Voobly will be up for Win. XP? Still getting a "not a win32 application" notice.

Don't hold your breath. Microsoft no longer supports XP in their Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package covering the Visual Studio Versions 2015 - 2022. Even worse, our version of Qt requires at least Visual Studio 2019, which already confirms, that we cannot support XP anymore. We are now trying to assure, that Windows 7 remains supported and that the crashing problems with Windows 10 / 11 disappear.

PS: You can get a Windows 7 key for less than 10 bucks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 June 2023 - 1:31 pm
+kwin wrote:
I forgot the name list in Voobly Messenger, names there are also too little...
(but if i hold my mouse over a name, pop up is better)

Also if you click on top of a lobby (or game room) Bestand, opties, premium, help... all of that is also very little... (see pic)

Also if you right click on any name it's too little (see pic).

(scaling 100-150% makes no difference for these things)

Please test with this newly compiled beta client: https://update.voobly.com/updates/voobly-v2.7.0.0-update-full.exe
You may have to re-apply the settings for recommended game room settings, as well as other settings such as NAT-T port.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Edited 29 June 2023 - 5:13 pm by +kwin
+chris@voobly wrote:
Please test with this newly compiled beta client: https://update.voobly.com/updates/voobly-v2.7.0.0-update-full.exe
You may have to re-apply the settings for recommended game room settings, as well as other settings such as NAT-T port.

I did it, the names of the rooms in the lobby are now better to see.
All the other stuff didn't change, i tested scaling 100 and 150%

ps: I updated to the 2.7.0.0 version, when i logged on, there was a new update (could not see witch version)
Attachments:
right clicks voobly v 2.7.0.0.jpg (file size: 404.14 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 ['aW']ticket3valhalla

Posted 29 June 2023 - 6:38 pm
For anyone, who experiences unexpected close/crash of Voobly, here's the possible solution.

The problem in my case was non-latin letters in game folder. After installing the game in the folder with only English letters, Voobly starts the game normally.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PXx]3antozz

Edited 29 June 2023 - 8:53 pm by [PXx]3antozz
2.7 small ui bug, separation lines are misaligned with room number and description.
Attachments:
vb.png (file size: 386.75 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
12345[6]789101112
Displaying 76 - 90 out of 171 posts