Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > New Voobly Client 2.7

New Voobly Client 2.7

+chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 June 2023 - 11:02 am
For the font issue, I need someone to volunteer agreeing to do a Teamviewer session with me. Required OS: Windows 11 with 22h2 Updates.
Link | Reply | Quote
 bigd21

Posted 28 June 2023 - 11:25 am
+1 for Windows XP getting a "not a valid Win32 application" notification. Running SP3
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 June 2023 - 6:19 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
For the font issue, I need someone to volunteer agreeing to do a Teamviewer session with me. Required OS: Windows 11 with 22h2 Updates.

Nevermind, it appears to be related to Windows scaling settings.
Windows Settings > System > Display > Scale

Can anyone experiencing the small font size issue, the value set here?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 28 June 2023 - 7:04 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
Nevermind, it appears to be related to Windows scaling settings.
Windows Settings > System > Display > Scale

Can anyone experiencing the small font size issue, the value set here?

I have 2 27 or 28 inch monitors, i have to scale it or everything is too little...

Attachments:
Scale and layout.JPG (file size: 58.8 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 June 2023 - 8:33 pm
+kwin wrote:
I have 2 27 or 28 inch monitors, i have to scale it or everything is too little...
Then I have a request. You can disable scaling when you right-click on the Voobly Shortcut and switch to the Compatibility tab. Could you please see, whether this fixes the problem?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Edited 28 June 2023 - 9:21 pm by +kwin
+chris@voobly wrote:
Then I have a request. You can disable scaling when you right-click on the Voobly Shortcut and switch to the Compatibility tab. Could you please see, whether this fixes the problem?

I suppose disable scaling = scaling 100%...

If I do that, everything on my screen and desktop is too little to read, it's still the same (see names and see when i write something before i hit enter in room/lobby

uploaded 150% and 100%

Edit: when you look at the attachments, the names look bigger then they are when I watch it on my screen...
Attachments:
scaling 150 procent.JPG (file size: 541.97 KB)
scaling 100 procent.JPG (file size: 542.32 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 June 2023 - 9:25 pm
+kwin wrote:
I suppose disable scaling = scaling 100%...

If I do that, everything on my screen and desktop is too little to read, it's still the same (see names and see when i write something before i hit enter in room/lobby

uploaded 150% and 100%

Edit: when you look at the attachments, the names look bigger then they are when I watch it on my screen...

Could you please try applying 100% to Voobly only and then increase the font size in Voobly settings accordingly? See sreenshot below, the proposed setting may be wrong and you may have to select application. I am not sure.
Attachments:
dpi.PNG (file size: 59.98 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Edited 28 June 2023 - 10:29 pm by +kwin
+chris@voobly wrote:
Could you please try applying 100% to Voobly only and then increase the font size in Voobly settings accordingly? See sreenshot below, the proposed setting may be wrong and you may have to select application. I am not sure.

I did it for all users and for application.

When I changed font size, it changed in the new player lobby (see picture) and in the game lobby (for the messenger it made no difference).
Font size 12 or 31, makes no difference for the names in the lists, they too little.
Also if you write something in lobby or game room or messenger it's too little before hitting enter for all font sizes... (see pic)

In fact, in changes nothing compared with the 150 scaling...

Also, I can not play AOC like this.
I have 4k monitor.
Normally I play on resolution 2560x1440 and with 150% scaling this is full screen.
If I play now (100% scaling) it's only half the screen.
On 100% scaling I can play 3840x2160 and then it's full screen, but units are so little, it's impossible to play with this resolution on 27/28 inch monitor...

Attachments:

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 June 2023 - 10:29 pm
+kwin wrote:
I did it for all users and for application.

When I changed font size, it changed in the new player lobby (see picture) and in the game lobby (for the messenger it made no difference).
Font size 12 or 31, makes no difference for the names, they too little.
Also if you write something in lobby or game room or messenger it's too little before hitting enter for all font sizes... (see pic)

In fact, in changes nothing compared with the 150 scaling...

Also, I can not play AOC like this.
I have 4k monitor.
Normally I play on resolution 2560x1440 and with 150% scaling this is full screen.
If I play now (100% scaling) it's only half the screen.
On 100% scaling I can play 3840x2160 and then it's full screen, but units are so little, it's impossible to play with this resolution on 27/28 inch monitor...

Thanks! That helps me a lot. Now we know which parts we have to freeze. I will come back to you with a beta client fixing this soon.
Link | Reply | Quote
 timai

Posted 28 June 2023 - 10:32 pm
My tips are ignored, I understand, when there are still more serious things to be solved. But, another tip, I would like to spectate New Player Lobby, only spectate, not play (Now, it is disabled to even join that lobby for us many of us). Meaning: to see how much I improved already ( after years of playing :[ ), that would give me more hope to continue playing
Link | Reply | Quote
 _nextgen_

Posted 28 June 2023 - 10:35 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:

I did exactly what you showed in your screenshot and it actually worked great for me, thank you ! ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 June 2023 - 10:44 pm
timai wrote:
My tips are ignored, I understand, when there are still more serious things to be solved. But, another tip, I would like to spectate New Player Lobby, only spectate, not play (Now, it is disabled to even join that lobby for us many of us). Meaning: to see how much I improved already ( after years of playing :[ ), that would give me more hope to continue playing
Most of your tips are on a huge list already. And no for this one, this will never happen in NPL.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 June 2023 - 10:45 pm
_nextgen_ wrote:
I did exactly what you showed in your screenshot and it actually worked great for me, thank you ! ;good

You are welcome. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 2stoned2play

Edited 29 June 2023 - 12:55 am by 2stoned2play
+chris@voobly wrote:
On my XP SP3 VM everything works. Ugh
Sorry, I know this isn't helpful for you guys. We are working on it, releasing a fix for this soon. Apologies for any inconvenience.

VM is not a genuine version of Windows.

I have a doubt the problem could be about Visual C++ Redistributable.

I first uninstall Voobly client, I download Visual C++ Redistributable V14.0.23026.0 and send it in the voobly directory, set the file to read only mode, reinstall, ignored to replace the file and it still installs the 64 bits version of Voobly client.

I could be wrong for all of this... I'm not an expert.

I'm trying to get it work for XP cause I don't want to use voobly on my other PC (job) and I hate playing on a laptop.

Thanks

ps: same problem with V2.6
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Edited 29 June 2023 - 1:29 am by +kwin
+chris@voobly wrote:
Thanks! That helps me a lot. Now we know which parts we have to freeze. I will come back to you with a beta client fixing this soon.

I forgot the name list in Voobly Messenger, names there are also too little...
(but if i hold my mouse over a name, pop up is better)

Also if you click on top of a lobby (or game room) Bestand, opties, premium, help... all of that is also very little... (see pic)

Also if you right click on any name it's too little (see pic).

(scaling 100-150% makes no difference for these things)
Attachments:
Too little.JPG (file size: 227.43 KB)
messenger.JPG (file size: 57.12 KB)
right click name.JPG (file size: 46.34 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
1234[5]6789101112
Displaying 61 - 75 out of 171 posts