How do I defend against Rush?

[MaJoR]_Sinder

Posted 29 January 2013 - 1:59 pm
We have the same issue in Death Match with rushing. Lesser abled players complain that rushing isn't how the game should be played. Building castles, walls, making huge defenses.. these are fun against yours friends who equally don't know how to play the game.. but as Sun Tzu says, no one ever heard of skill in a prolonged battle. The skilled are those who can win quick because their strategy reflects a very disciplined set of tactics. You can be a skilled defender too but it can be more difficult and often a more theatrical show than entertaining...
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dreamer4

Posted 10 February 2013 - 9:01 pm
At least your reply to 'WarningImFast' were hiliarious. I kinda enjoyed it lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 dArCReAvEr

Posted 5 April 2013 - 1:47 am
_Joris_ wrote:
Says the one who's crying because he's losing. This is an old game so that means that there have being many strategies. Now we just use the best strategies that we feel save with, and that work. Noone asks you to use these strategies. You say that we can't play because we always use the same strategies (and the same beginning for build orders: 6 vills on sheep. ... on wood)? I'd like to see you playing against TheViper or _DauT_ xD. You would expect that you can win a game if "the strategies are that predictable". But you are just one of those people that says it's the others' fault when they can't win. You can't expect from us that we will change our good strategies because you wanna use your unworking ones. If you can't accept that you lose, well than don't play this game and go crying elsewhere ;byecry .
Oh yes, you said there are no strategies? There are many strategies (someone already told them: monk rush, scrush, trush)

ps: I know I 'm a 13++ player in medieval siege, but do you see me crying ;tears because I lose a game? I don't think so. I keep playing and I ask help from some players so I can learn the game. I don't talk bull**** in the forums.
Pretty much this sums it up pretty nicely. I suck at AoE II, but I've played plently of other RTS, and rushing is what makes the games interesting. You start off with your weakest units, clash against each other and progress in your techtree. Armies becoming stronger and larger, more and more unique stuff shows up, and the fights start to occur everywhere.

That's the fun about RTS. Sitting around and building up a huge army CAN be fun sometimes, but mostly it's boring, and whoever has the civ/race that's got the best lategame wins.

Take Battle For Middle Earth for example: If you play Elves, you'll dominate no rush games easily. But if you play "real" it's hard to survive to the lategame, but if you manage to do it it's a) very rewarding and b) very intense. To win from a situation where you almost think you're finished is the most epic thing ever..
_Horatio_ wrote:
anyone who uses leet speak and/or random capital letters for their username is clearly either 10 years old and/or mentally ****ed. (but I think we already knew that from looking at his posts on here).

PS. I think one of those free games on facebook is more your thing, perhaps farmville?

I find that quite offensive! Better be pro or you get smacked for that on the Battlefield :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 CantHushMe

Posted 23 June 2013 - 1:22 pm
Wow, you already know what will happen in an [Always Repeating RTS] like this..........You sure are something, IYIyth. Tell me just 1 thing.....did u ever succeeded in luring a BOAR???
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MACAR]TimeTraveller

Posted 28 June 2013 - 9:45 pm
Making towers and castles as fast as you can!

As soon as you get into the feudal age, sell some stone at the market and advance to the castle age.
Than you should mine stone and place castles. Ofcourse making the best counter units to kill the attacker!
When you see units going for your mining place/lumbercamp, quick wall! With quick walling you take illagers to fast make a wall so they cant get into your lumbercamp/mining place, your palisades do not have to be 100% done building.

Good luck!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Dogola

Posted 19 July 2013 - 2:20 am
drush fast then go forward and make towers everywhere

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 KurSad69

Edited 8 October 2013 - 9:44 am by KurSad69
Best way to counter a rush is 'RUSH'

First quote from AOC book
Link | Reply | Quote
 ANALizer

Posted 24 September 2013 - 3:22 am
well the big problem is that:
no rush means fast castle
fast castle means lot of food
lot of food means avoid skirms/pikes
and these mentioned are the best to counter rush (pikes vs sc, skirms vs archers)

so your options are wall or rush as well... walling is easy, doesn't matter the map
Link | Reply | Quote
 ToS_Raids

Posted 3 November 2013 - 5:17 am
Yes, yes, keep following this guy's game.
It will take you far in life.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bi0S

Posted 3 November 2013 - 6:11 am
Best defence to rush is towering.
I have done it a few times.
Quickly feudal like a rusher but dont make army . Make 2 Towers using stone near ur wood n gold or stone. If ur gold n wood camp r near then its best. This way u can defend flush and advnca castle earlier than enemy. But u need to make army in castle.
Hope u understand.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]__Melissa__

Posted 17 December 2013 - 4:02 am
;KO
Link | Reply | Quote
 Socksyy

Posted 7 January 2015 - 11:40 am
IYIyTh wrote:
Stop eating ****
VILL 1-6 SUCK ****
VILL 7 COPY OTHER GUYS STRATEGY
VILL 8-25 LOVE **** MORE

What if first 3 vills are woman? What **** they suck? Sheep ****? 1111 ;green ;green
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Liege]DarkLily420

Posted 14 January 2015 - 6:55 pm
You should learn how to make better camp positions. Also if he drush you and you have a barracks up already, make a few militia. Out micro bro, learn to scout the rush before it hits you.

Link | Reply | Quote
1234[5]
Displaying 61 - 73 out of 73 posts