TIW 2020 Map votes

_IYIastA_

Posted 20 February 2020 - 1:09 am
BYO has been in random for ages. Its one of the purposes that random was meant to serve, bringing old maps into the limelight and providing some new experiences to the community.

Not going to comment on zotten as I have never even played it and had no input to map selection.
Link | Reply | Quote
 seeyoulatter_

Posted 20 February 2020 - 1:54 am
_IYIastA_ wrote:

Not going to comment on zotten as I have never even played it and had no input to map selection.

All who played it liked it thus far.

Dan IQ 200

I think Belgians are just genetically superior, but not sure
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 20 February 2020 - 6:17 am by ['RB']nhoobish
What about Zotten? I do not 100% follow these concerns, eventhough I have played it multiple times.

DL for the current version:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Posted 20 February 2020 - 8:51 am
I don't personally see how picking a rogue, unrated map, which is potentially unfair and then editing it to make it better is acceptable personally. May aswells just start editing other maps then, to make gwarz 150 pop or CBA with cobras at 600 kills.

This really goes for BYO CB but especially Zotten

I don’t see how is acceptable to use RM map in a CS tourney in CS lobby using RM players, to prove which is the best clan in CS.

But that’s how it is mate
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Edited 20 February 2020 - 9:40 am by [Eot_]Trumplaris
I don’t see how is acceptable to use RM map in a CS tourney in CS lobby using RM players, to prove which is the best clan in CS.

But that’s how it is mate
Europe has been part of the CS community for two decades. It was part of both TIW's previously. Has had atleast 2-3 strong clans that play it competitive (in this TIW theres only 2 teams) & You were part of the 2016 XceL roster that picked it as a home map. You have a pretty CB dominated TIW list even with random stuff you put in there like Zotten & BYO to get even more maps favorable to you and somehow you still find a way to **** & complain. It's one map, get over it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Edited 20 February 2020 - 9:23 am by [xCs]CaMp2gg_
#Facts

Who’s complaining? Your response is for Gary? Don’t be harsh at him he has a point
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 20 February 2020 - 9:35 am
I agree with you camp, euro shouldn't be in either lol. But the bigger point here is that the 2 maps I mentioned possibly aren't fair? In terms of spots etc as per eddy's post
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 20 February 2020 - 9:38 am
Be happy xcs backed down on combining our votes our you would enjoy some real fun maps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Trumplaris

Posted 20 February 2020 - 9:42 am
Be happy xcs backed down on combining our votes our you would enjoy some real fun maps.
Other teams could of done the same and you still got Zotten included. You should count that as a win and leave it at that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 20 February 2020 - 9:44 am
Other teams could of done the same and you still got Zotten included. You should count that as a win and leave it at that.

Good thing I know all the hidden triggers for auto victory... thats the real win
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Anonymous821

Edited 20 February 2020 - 11:01 am by [Eot_]Anonymous821
I don't personally see how picking a rogue, unrated map, which is potentially unfair and then editing it to make it better is acceptable personally. May aswells just start editing other maps then, to make gwarz 150 pop or CBA with cobras at 600 kills.

This really goes for BYO CB but especially Zotten
+1 regarding zotten, don't really think it has any place in TIW.

BYO CB will be Ok once the map is made fair for 3v3. Zotten was clearly voted in for a troll (thanks Dan....but fairly expected from you i guess... this is why we can't have nice things), the map isn't even fair for 3v3 and it's just a poverty lustful.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 20 February 2020 - 10:44 am
Zotten Blood spots were fixed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 20 February 2020 - 1:03 pm
Shame kitchen blood did not make it in
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Posted 20 February 2020 - 1:29 pm
Ok guys as you all know im all about trying to make this as even a playing field as possible, so i have a few points id like to be considered:

1. =V= RCB 2016 League.scx is the rcb map to be used. I dont really see a point if this was decided and agreed upon by those that voted for it that this along with the fair mod that any other version should be considered. Players might be practicing this version and i dont think its fair to throw in another version if this was the practiced map especially late in the day which will only lead to arguements and i dont want any nasty surprises as im sure none do.

2. MQ, now while I understand some like it and I also understand some dont. I think we need to consider whats fairest for everyone. Now i am very aware that some use macros while others do not which gives them a distinct advantage especially when some including myself wouldnt have a clue which macros to get, some may even get you banned im guessing (not sure). My understanding is MQ is basically available as a macro so i can imagine without MQ enabled playing against someone with macros they would have an unfair advantage, Remember this is about fairness and an even playing field. I personally feel we should allow MQ in the maps it effects to try and even the playing field as standard on certain maps and if both parties agree to no MQ then they can switch it off. Thoughts?

3. A number of you have been asking me about zotten (a map i dont really know). The map however was voted in, so its in. Some have said about unfair positions, i believe there has been a fix made so that issue should be resolved. Others have said it is very similar to Lustful as in basically the same. Now going on the trying to be fair to everyone and basing this on can't play cba hero and cba as home picks or both versions of dodgeball as home picks. I think if thats the case i think its probably fair to say that zotten and lustful fall under the same category? Naturally and including cba/cba hero and both dodge versions if either is vetoed you can pick the other. But i think that is probably fair. I dont want to have any double standards and i want to be fair to everyone. Thoughts?

4. BYO CB, I also dont know this map at all. Ive seen some say about spots and it can be made fair as 3v3. Can it be made fair as 4v4? Not saying players are forced to play 4v4 im just curious. In fact if a team wants 3v3 instead of 4v4 in any map then it will be 3v3. Naturally if both parties agree then we will see 4v4 and i for one hope to see more 4v4 games. Thoughts?

I would appreciate if i can get thoughts on the matters above please in a mature manner :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Posted 20 February 2020 - 1:58 pm
1. Yah sure
2. MQ makes it a fairer playing field Vs teams who use macros, otherwise it's basically a handicap
3. Zotten is closer to lustful than dodge v5 is to v10, so you need to be consistent
4. The map needs editing is all

@Barry, who was updating the maps then? It's quite important we know what changed between gwarz v7(rated) to v9(in tiw) and same for vet.

Link | Reply | Quote
123456789[10]1112131415161718192021»
Displaying 136 - 150 out of 452 posts