Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > New CBA Hero now supports HD / DE civs

New CBA Hero now supports HD / DE civs

Emir

Posted 16 June 2023 - 9:48 pm
+kwin wrote:
If I talk for myself, in general, I really hate all those new civs...
If I can, I play the 20+ year old game :)
+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 16 June 2023 - 10:47 pm
+kwin wrote:
If I talk for myself, in general, I really hate all those new civs...
If I can, I play the 20+ year old game :)

Ok, but you did try them right?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 17 June 2023 - 6:28 am
Yes I play it sometimes but only when nobody is hosting 1.5 without DE balance...
It's also a difference in gameplay because onagers can cut wood now, this is a big difference in black forest map...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 17 June 2023 - 6:16 pm by +chris@voobly
Emir wrote:
chris i never tought i will say this someday
but if we want to play the "new civs " we will just go and download de and play it
but we want to stick to the old game
u can't just force ppl to play with the new civs

instead .. you can create new lobby and there u can make a new map with those de civs and ppl who want it will play it in that lobby .

but for cs ...personally i think cba hero is better with current civs ..but do whatever u want .

+ when i was adding the civs to the map that i was working.. on lot of players like : solution + camp2gg + Flash ..ext who helped me in testing
just said that adding lot of civs will make the map boring and won't give them a diffrent good experience as you think
peace and good luck
Emir wrote:
u shouldn't unrate v18 until u make sure that everything in v19 is working well lol ..

The first UP 1.6 release was more than 18 months ago and we cannot wait any longer. At some point the patch is feature complete and must be frozen, which means that active development will stop and bug fixes will be released only. We are actually doing CS a favor, by developing the missing features that are required for Custom Scenario maps, so you guys at least have the option, that all maps could be migrated to 1.6 in future. We have been waiting long enough, it must happen now. You cannot expect, that voluntary developers will maintain their patch forever.

CBA Hero V19 is the first release, that adds all HD and DE civs and still works with all patches, and you are not forced to play all those new civs either by simply selecting the right patch. 10 years ago AoE II HD has been released on Steam, the only "CS community" that actually plays CS with HD civs is on Steam. And even though Gallas and other honorable Map Makers released the WK maps, the community was never playing them. Same goes for DE now.

It's all about the root problem in CS: not wanting to lose "precious puntos" instead of just having fun. Having to learn new civs and their technologies / units first would mean, that you would lose "puntos" in CBA. This is also the reason why we play no other maps in CS; we focus on CBA only, a map that is so simple, that anyone can play it and that allows you to quickly win many points, when using a certain level of toxicity. So yeah, CBA has truly become the grave digger of CS.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [1aegis]aegisbot

Posted 17 June 2023 - 9:21 pm
I think people just want to play a game or two there, have fun, not to learn new balance changes for new civs.

People who want new civs usually play offline.

But it's great so many people put so much effort into keeping voobly cs community alive and active
Link | Reply | Quote
 Emir

Edited 17 June 2023 - 9:56 pm by Emir
+chris@voobly wrote:
The first UP 1.6 release was more than 18 months ago and we cannot wait any longer. At some point the patch is feature complete and must be frozen, which means that active development will stop and bug fixes will be released only. We are actually doing CS a favor, by developing the missing features that are required for Custom Scenario maps, so you guys at least have the option, that all maps could be migrated to 1.6 in future. We have been waiting long enough, it must happen now. You cannot expect, that voluntary developers will maintain their patch forever.

CBA Hero V19 is the first release, that adds all HD and DE civs and still works with all patches, and you are not forced to play all those new civs either by simply selecting the right patch. 10 years ago AoE II HD has been released on Steam, the only "CS community" that actually plays CS with HD civs is on Steam. And even though Gallas and other honorable Map Makers released the WK maps, the community was never playing them. Same goes for DE now.

It's all about the root problem in CS: not wanting to lose "precious puntos" instead of just having fun. Having to learn new civs and their technologies / units first would mean, that you would lose "puntos" in CBA. This is also the reason why we play no other maps in CS; we focus on CBA only, a map that is so simple, that anyone can play it and that allows you to quickly win many points, when using a certain level of toxicity. So yeah, CBA has truly become the grave digger of CS.
but stil funny how this jason didn't even added all the changes i done in v18 ..
why goth still 250 to cage

anyway if there is anything i can help with i will be here
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ X ]PrIMeZ

Posted 17 June 2023 - 11:18 pm
I think people just want to play a game or two there, have fun, not to learn new balance changes for new civs.

People who want new civs usually play offline.

But it's great so many people put so much effort into keeping voobly cs community alive and active

yep..

in my years of playing CS CBA Hero, i met many players, and when i approach them to learn mirror civs , 99% of the players told was " i only play for fun, like ,
majority of players just wants to win the game with random civs , cuz they just come after stressful work, and want to throw some random civs game which will make instantly win ,
and the fun of killing aztecs with byzantines and they get relaxed so much,
they do not want play any other maps which they had to focus more.

for example if any other map than cba/hero, they will have same type of units, and have to do different things to win, but if it was cba hero, civ decides the win for them..

Each players do have own kind of " FUN " in playing this game.
they do not want learn anything other than just winning game easy ,
like i stated above aztec vs byzantine, they enjoy killing weaker units with stronger,

more new civs and all may take time to get used on the lobby, if more civs, and too much complex if they feel, they will not play.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 18 June 2023 - 1:20 am
Just try the new patch maybe you will like it.
I don’t see why there is resistance community patch is giving you content and quality of life improvements for free!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 18 June 2023 - 7:31 am
Emir wrote:
but stil funny how this jason didn't even added all the changes i done in v18 ..

As I tried to explain we want the balance fair for 1.6, so I need to see how the perform vs new civs.
If you look at the DE map goths actually castle at 300 kills and imp at 500, mind this is for cba (not hero), they don’t play hero as far as I’m aware, so they actually have less food because hero map spawns archers first.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 June 2023 - 12:08 pm
Emir wrote:

anyway if there is anything i can help with i will be here

I still have hope that you will learn some day how to behave like a Member Plus -- and not like a (CS) player, where personal sensitivites and opinions are more important than anything else.

"This Jason" is actually your colleague, also someone who contributes to Voobly (for a long time already) where in the end, the whole community will benefit from. You should show him the same respect, you'd want from him. You were not around -- you even stated this yourself -- so we had no chance implementing, what you already had implemented. Instead we decided to push V19 for now -- nothing is graved into stone -- so we can still apply any previous changes. Once you are back, I am sure Jason would love to hear your suggestions, but for now, he took over for you and we focus on balancing DE. There is also a bug in V18, we didn't fix yet. So it has made perfect sense, to unrate V18, which in the end of the day will mean: less game complaints, less games we have to watch, less games we have to reset and more time for us, to focus on other things, e. g. V19.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 18 June 2023 - 1:16 pm
As I’ve said before I don’t even like CBA, I think it’s a garstly, luck-based map that is near impossible to balance.

My passion is map making, I have other projects that receive little/no attention because of the stubbornness of the cs community to try new things.

1.6 patch should be seen as new and exiting but cs players seem to only hunger for 1 thing. Points.

With that said the reason I decided to update the map was to create at least some sort of variety and help promote the new patch that a lot of people have put countless hours into creating.
I mean would you eat only steak every night for dinner?

This is definitely not the reaction I expected from the community but I guess I should have known better.

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 June 2023 - 1:44 pm
+[MM]jason wrote:
My passion is map making, I have other projects that receive little/no attention because of the stubbornness of the cs community to try new things.

Do you think it's possible to update a map like Germz or Smosh with the new CIVs? I think the main problem is the balancing, since we don't know at this time, in which order the castle unit of each CIV should be spawned?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 18 June 2023 - 2:00 pm
Smosh would be easier of the two (more noob friendly too) with some testing I should be able to work out the unit order.
Now we have an updated trigger studio file it would make life easier too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 18 June 2023 - 2:14 pm by +chris@voobly
Perhaps we have more luck in the NPL promoting a map like Smosh with DE civs. There already exists a small CS community, and we should have more luck there, since they are playing unrated only.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Emir

Edited 19 June 2023 - 1:12 am by Emir
+chris@voobly wrote:
I still have hope that you will learn some day how to behave like a Member Plus -- and not like a (CS) player, where personal sensitivites and opinions are more important than anything else.

"This Jason" is actually your colleague, also someone who contributes to Voobly (for a long time already) where in the end, the whole community will benefit from. You should show him the same respect, you'd want from him. You were not around -- you even stated this yourself -- so we had no chance implementing, what you already had implemented. Instead we decided to push V19 for now -- nothing is graved into stone -- so we can still apply any previous changes. Once you are back, I am sure Jason would love to hear your suggestions, but for now, he took over for you and we focus on balancing DE. There is also a bug in V18, we didn't fix yet. So it has made perfect sense, to unrate V18, which in the end of the day will mean: less game complaints, less games we have to watch, less games we have to reset and more time for us, to focus on other things, e. g. V19.

well jason is my friend and i respect him 100% i tested with him some maps he made ..he such a nice guy and good map maker

even tho
i apologize.

Link | Reply | Quote
1234[5]678910111213
Displaying 61 - 75 out of 183 posts